• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - Sony's upcoming PC game is The Last Of Us Part 2 Remastered

Area61

Probably they'll release this just before The last of Us Season 2. At this rate we will only get Bloodborne if Netflix start to make a movie, TV show or hell even an anime.
Without other media release Sony probably will never release Bloodborne.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

And this version will be exactly the same visually as the PS5 one bc they can't make it look like Part I on PS5 even and never even tried.

P.S. I think Demon's Souls will be the last launch game they'll ever port to PC, if it'll even happen. But tbh, PS5 version already looks amaizing, I can't even think of a thing or two they can do on PC better except screen resolution and 60 FPS beyond 1440p.

If Sony is smart, they'll relaunch a lot of their games with the PS5 Pro.

Demon's Souls should be 4K60 on PS5 Pro and Returnal as well.

Hopefully with some elements of DLC for both.

yurinka

Obviously. And the next port of an old game, to be announced next year, will be Demon's Souls.

ghost of tsushima was on the Nvidia leak same with horizon forbidden west and demon souls!
Looking forward to Scalebound, Bayonetta 3 and New Super Mario Bros, which also were in the Nvidia list. Oh, wait...

What's left? Demon Souls, Ragnarok, Spider-Man 2, and GT7? Enough to cover PC releases for the next 18 months or longer.
Astro's Playroom, Destruction All Stars, MLB plus tons of PS3 and PS4 games. Like Dreams, just to mention one from 2020 like TLOU2 or GoT.

I'm always curious why they don't space out their announcements/releases on PC better. Don't they care about cannibalizing their own sales?
PC games, and particularly full priced ports of games originally released several years ago are bought in most cases way after their release, when discounted. So they don't care, specially when they already are earning hundreds of millions per year from their 1st party games outside PS with a great YoY growth.

Is Sony paying attention to HD2?
Why shouldn't they pay attention to a game they released a month ago? They have like over half a dozen GaaS to be released, being Concord the next one. Planned to be released this year in PS5 and PC.

Last edited:
If Sony is smart, they'll relaunch a lot of their games with the PS5 Pro.

Hopefully with some elements of DLC for both.

Well they could, but they could also, well, launch new 1P games too.

Amid the sea of remasters and ports, new games may seem like a foreign concept, but it exists 😅

Obviously. And the next port of an old game, to be announced next year, will be Demon's Souls.

Leaving just a small handful of 1P games still exclusive to the current-gen console. Two of those, GT7 and GOW Ragnarok, also likely getting PC ports at this point.

Looking forward to Scalebound, Bayonetta 3 and New Super Mario Bros, which also were in the Nvidia list. Oh, wait...

The point is, the Nvidia leak has been 100% accurate for Sony's releases up to this point. Whether it's accurate for Nintendo or Platinum Games titles is irrelevant; it's been spot-on for the Sony ones, and GT7, GOW Ragnarok, & Demon's Souls remake are on that list.

At this time it's more a question of when they'll get ported, not if. Leaving the only post-2020 1P exclusives actually exclusive to the console, limited to Spiderman 2 and Astro's Playroom.

That doesn't look too great optics-wise no matter how you slice it.

Astro's Playroom, Destruction All Stars, MLB plus tons of PS3 and PS4 games. Like Dreams, just to mention one from 2020 like TLOU2 or GoT.

Astro's Playroom is less a "full game" and more a showcase demo. A highly polished demo, but it's not really a full game. DAS is a GAAS and bombed. MLB The Show is among the few holdouts that would've made sense for a PC port especially considering it's on Xbox and Switch as well.

PS3 titles are 10+ years old games, not relevant to the PS5. Same with the smaller and earlier PS4 games released almost 10 years ago like the Knack titles, Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadowfall (commercial bomb, average critical reception), etc. So basically the only titles that might be left still exclusive to the PS5 after probable ports of GOW Ragnarok & GT7, are mostly super-old PS4 & PS3/2/1 games with little commercial relevance, or smaller PS4 games with little commercial relevance.

Meaning none of those games would do anything to help push console sales.

PC games, and particularly full priced ports of games originally released several years ago are bought in most cases way after their release, when discounted. So they don't care, specially when they already are earning hundreds of millions per year from their 1st party games outside PS with a great YoY growth.

They should care anyway, because the current precedent has it that virtually all new 1P games from 2020-onward have been ported to PC in 1-2 years, some as soon as 6 months and very few taking as long as 4 years. I'm just focusing on non-GAAS titles here.

That's a cadence which can have longer-term negative repercussions on future console install base, console-aggregated revenue & profit growth if it's conditioning people to expect ports at increasingly tolerable windows of time. Assuming most fans of PS 1P games in fact play other games alongside the 1P titles, means they'll have more and more 3P titles to invest time & money into on platforms like Steam as they wait more patiently for the 1P ports.

Two years may've felt it back in the past, but it probably now "feels" like just a year for many, maybe even less. The perception of the wait is shortening because more choice on the platform they're already on (in part helped by Sony's own ports, particularly the number & frequency of them), is letting gamers become more tolerable of the wait times. Which means they also don't care as much about FOMO, especially as backlogs grow.

Also worth noting: most of Sony's non-PS gaming revenue is coming from Aniplex on the mobile side, or Bungie on the PC side. And SIE-related revenue doesn't mean so much given the profit margins aren't where Sony'd like them to be, so those PC sales aren't doing much jack all in contributing to the one thing that really matters: profits.

Why shouldn't they pay attention to a game they released a month ago? They have like over half a dozen GaaS to be released, being Concord the next one. Planned to be released this year in PS5 and PC.

The strategy for GAAS titles has already been mostly decided: Day 1 between PS & PC. Though I think even there, some should probably be withheld from PC permanently, or some a few years after initially coming to console (particularly any that focus more on cooperation and less on competition, or don't have cloud-based ongoing persistent world events as a critical part of their design).

The people pointing to Helldivers 2 as an example of what Sony "should" do, are referencing non-GAAS 1P titles to copy that strategy. Which would, undoubtedly, be an unmitigated disaster for PlayStation to do so.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

They should is what I said.
This is what is successful for them when also releasing on that market.
TLOU 2 will pale greatly in comparison.

Last edited:

Slimboy Fat

MLB The Show needs to come to PC. Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin also haven't been announced for PC yet to my knowledge.
You think they will be (last two)?

On topic: Sony is surely messing with us by withholding FromSoft games while releasing their le cinematic nihilistic transgender hormonal disequilibrium induced murderous rage simulator what a joke

TrebleShot

giphy.gif

And this version will be exactly the same visually as the PS5 one bc they can't make it look like Part I on PS5 even and never even tried.

P.S. I think Demon's Souls will be the last launch game they'll ever port to PC, if it'll even happen. But tbh, PS5 version already looks amaizing, I can't even think of a thing or two they can do on PC better except screen resolution and 60 FPS beyond 1440p
Ultrawide

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I would rather have God of War Ragnarok on PC first, but sure, this will do, i guess
God of War Ragnarok should be the next safe bet after this. Jetpack Interactive is responsible for God of War 1 and there’s nothing from them for a while.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What's left? Demon Souls, Ragnarok, Spider-Man 2, and GT7? Enough to cover PC releases for the next 18 months or longer.
Wolverine and Ghost of Tsushima 2 (if it gets announced for PS5)
I think what's left are these. The first three are squeals to existing PC ports so those will come. The bottom three who knows.

- LOU II
- GOW Ragnarok
- Spiderman 2

- GT7
- The Show
- Demon's Souls

Leonidas

I think Demon's Souls will be the last launch game they'll ever port to PC
Its the only Sony exclusive game (you can buy) from PS5 launch left... Sackboy, Miles Morales and Spider-Man Remastered are already on PC.

So yes, it will be the last Sony PS5 launch game exclusive that ever comes to PC, if it comes...

Every Sony published PS5 exclusive from 2021 has also already made it to PC... except Destruction All-Stars :messenger_sun:

Seems likely every Sony published PS5 exclusive from 2022 will hit PC too (only Ragnarok left)

Good chance every Sony published PS5 exclusive from 2023 makes it to PC too (only GT7 and Spider-Man 2 left)...
PS5 version already looks amaizing, I can't even think of a thing or two they can do on PC better except screen resolution and 60 FPS beyond 1440p.
Looks good for a console game. 60 FPS cap is abysmal though, PC version should easily hit 120 FPS or higher.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Every Sony published PS5 exclusive from 2021 has also already made it to PC... except Destruction All-Stars
This one will never be a thing on PC.

Looks good for a console game. 60 FPS cap is abysmal though. PC version should easily hit 120 FPS or higher.
:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Native 4K 60 will never be a thing in demanding games on the PS5 Pro, more likely it'll be locked native 1440p 60 or much more stable 1800p 30 FPS (just like it was during previous generation - Gears 5 for example). The 3080Ti is way better in terms of raw performance than the PS5's GPU and even it can struggle with 4K 60 FPS on PC in some very demanding games without DLSS. Hell, even 4090 struggles in some games.

Quantum Break for example, a game from the previous generation can't run at native 4K 60 FPS on 3080Ti, the best it can do is locked 40-45FPS. Sony won't give you the 3080Ti's performance on the PS5 Pro even if they really wanted to, they also don't have DLSS level of upscaler and it won't be a thing on consoles until next-gen. We long past the time when consoles for a year or two+ were better than PC hardware.

Ultrawide
That's not something PS5 can't do if it had Ultrawide support.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Sony trying to get to that "10 games over 4 years ported to PC without announcing anything new for their actual console" trophy I see.
Anyway, have fun modding 😏

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
This one will never be a thing on PC.

:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Native 4K 60 will never be a thing in demanding games on the PS5 Pro, more likely it'll be locked native 1440p 60 or much more stable 1800p 30 FPS (just like it was during previous generation - Gears 5 for example). The 3080Ti is way better in terms of raw performance than the PS5's GPU and even it can struggle with 4K 60 FPS on PC in some very demanding games without DLSS. Hell, even 4090 struggles in some games.

Quantum Break for example, a game from the previous generation can't run at native 4K 60 FPS on 3080Ti, the best it can do is locked 40-45FPS. Sony won't give you the 3080Ti's performance on the PS5 Pro even if they really wanted to, they also don't have DLSS level of upscaler and it won't be a thing on consoles until next-gen. We long past the time when consoles for a year or two+ were better than PC hardware.

That's not something PS5 can't do if it had Ultrawide support.
Demon’s Souls Remake is already 1440p/60 on the regular PS5…

Fredrik

that's one.
Making women more "feminine" will be other. the "true ending" will be another. etc...
I haven’t played it but seen some scenes that would be a whooole other thing with hot lady mods. Can’t wait to experience it the first time in a less western political way.

yurinka

Leaving just a small handful of 1P games still exclusive to the current-gen console. Two of those, GT7 and GOW Ragnarok, also likely getting PC ports at this point.

The point is, the Nvidia leak has been 100% accurate for Sony's releases up to this point. Whether it's accurate for Nintendo or Platinum Games titles is irrelevant; it's been spot-on for the Sony ones, and GT7, GOW Ragnarok, & Demon's Souls remake are on that list.
No, the list missed a ton of games they were/are porting to PC even before than some games listed there and had dates wrong. And had some PSVR1 game like Déraciné.

It also had the PS4 Ratchet instead of Rift Apart (at the time Sony said they were going to port PS4 games).

The list apppeared as I remember when the Uncharted Collection was publicly announced "for PS5 and PC" without mentioning release date for the PC version, and the list wrongly listed the PC port for the same month it released on PS5.

As I remember the list also wrongly listed GT7 for 2022. When asked about it Yamauchi later said they weren't working in a PC port and didn't plan to port it in the future.

For the Sony side the list had guesses saying some publicly known or easily guessed games. Sony is porting everything, so every game in that list is getting correct. As just happens with any list of guessed PC ports.

At this time it's more a question of when they'll get ported, not if. Leaving the only post-2020 1P exclusives actually exclusive to the console, limited to Spiderman 2 and Astro's Playroom.

That doesn't look too great optics-wise no matter how you slice it.

Astro's Playroom is less a "full game" and more a showcase demo. A highly polished demo, but it's not really a full game. DAS is a GAAS and bombed. MLB The Show is among the few holdouts that would've made sense for a PC port especially considering it's on Xbox and Switch as well.

PS3 titles are 10+ years old games, not relevant to the PS5. Same with the smaller and earlier PS4 games released almost 10 years ago like the Knack titles, Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadowfall (commercial bomb, average critical reception), etc. So basically the only titles that might be left still exclusive to the PS5 after probable ports of GOW Ragnarok & GT7, are mostly super-old PS4 & PS3/2/1 games with little commercial relevance, or smaller PS4 games with little commercial relevance.

Meaning none of those games would do anything to help push console sales.
I think they won't port Astro, because as you mention I see it more like a tech demo to showcase the gamepad than a commercial game. Destruction All Starts was an utter failure, I think they won't revive it for PC.

I originally thought that they were keeping some games exclusive forever in the console, but I think they'll end porting Demon's Souls, GT7, GoWR and Spider-Man 2 after the typical "around 2 years or more after the original release" window because they need extra revenue and specially profit, every year the PC gives them way more revenue with a great profitability margin, and basically all the console metrics keep improving and breaking historical records, showing absolutely no signs of negative impact due to the PC ports.

Regarding 2020 and older games, pretty likely their next PC releases will be GoT (2020), TLOU2R (2020) and Until Dawn (2015). I think they'll continue bringing back PS3 and PS4 games via remasters and remakes, specially those from top selling IPs or getting movie/tv show adaptations.

I think we'll see Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection and GoW Trilogy back for PS5 and PC re-remastered, or maybe remade releasing each game separatedly. Maybe a Gravity Rush 1+2 remastered collection and The Last Guardian Remastered. I don't see them remaking or remastering Infamous, Killzone, Motorstorm or Resistance collections even if I'd like to see some them back, unless they decide to adapt some of these IPs to cinema or tv.

Not sure about Dreams, I think it would make sense but maybe the port could be too expensive and difficult to mantain the PS UGC consisent on all the different hardware combinations available on PC.

I think they may port without any remaster ore remake Shadow of the Colossus remake, Patapon Remastered (when close to the animation release) and maybe some of the PS4 Housemarque games like Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Alienation, Nex Machina or Matterfall plus Tearaway Unfolded to help the profitability of their studios. If they make some adaptation, also Wipeout Omega Collection, Loco Roco Remastered or Parappa Remastered.

But I think that in PC the oldest ports (including remasters and remakes) of PS4 and PS3 games will become more secondary once they ported almost everything from 2020 until now -always keeping the 2+ years window- and once they have in the market Helldivers 2, Concord and Marathon.

They should care anyway, because the current precedent has it that virtually all new 1P games from 2020-onward have been ported to PC in 1-2 years, some as soon as 6 months and very few taking as long as 4 years. I'm just focusing on non-GAAS titles here.

That's a cadence which can have longer-term negative repercussions on future console install base, console-aggregated revenue & profit growth if it's conditioning people to expect ports at increasingly tolerable windows of time. Assuming most fans of PS 1P games in fact play other games alongside the 1P titles, means they'll have more and more 3P titles to invest time & money into on platforms like Steam as they wait more patiently for the 1P ports.

Two years may've felt it back in the past, but it probably now "feels" like just a year for many, maybe even less. The perception of the wait is shortening because more choice on the platform they're already on (in part helped by Sony's own ports, particularly the number & frequency of them), is letting gamers become more tolerable of the wait times. Which means they also don't care as much about FOMO, especially as backlogs grow.
There's absolutely zero negative effect in any PS5 number, which keep improving and breaking. Starting next FY, the yearly PS5 will start declining because like any console will enter in the 2nd part of its sales cycles and like any console its yearly sales will keep decreasing gradually after its peak year. But not because of PC: launch aligned will perform well compared to PS4 and its active userbase, software revenue, 1st party sales, PS+ revenue will continue with stunning numbers.

In fact, I think Helldivers 2, Concord and Marathon (plus maybe Fairgame$ too) will generate a shit ton of money bumping the PS metrics beyond even if released day one on PC.

Also worth noting: most of Sony's non-PS gaming revenue is coming from Aniplex on the mobile side, or Bungie on the PC side. And SIE-related revenue doesn't mean so much given the profit margins aren't where Sony'd like them to be, so those PC sales aren't doing much jack all in contributing to the one thing that really matters: profits.
What SIE lists as non-PS 1st party gaming revenue is PC in addition to Destiny and MLB in rival consoles. This is generating Sony hundreds of millions per year with a huge growth year over year according to Sony's fiscal report. We know even the worst selling ports like Sackboy or Ratchet were profitable, and we know that even if the ports costs around a couple million each many are generating dozens of millions each. So yes, PC ports are highly profitable and don't have any negative effect on PS, so they'll continue porting. With Helldivers 2 this off-PS revenue going to be even way bigger.

Aniplex is under Sony Music, not under SIE. So not included in that SIE report.

The strategy for GAAS titles has already been mostly decided: Day 1 between PS & PC.

Though I think even there, some should probably be withheld from PC permanently, or some a few years after initially coming to console (particularly any that focus more on cooperation and less on competition, or don't have cloud-based ongoing persistent world events as a critical part of their design).
MLB (I assume some year will also start to be released in PC), GT7 and Firewall Ultra (plus Destruction All Stars) aren't on PC.

For MP focused games and particularty GaaS it's key to have the biggest userbase possible particularly at the start of the game. So for GaaS MP only or MP focused games (not the case of MLB or GT7) is key to release them day one on PC as seen in Helldivers 2.

The people pointing to Helldivers 2 as an example of what Sony "should" do, are referencing non-GAAS 1P titles to copy that strategy. Which would, undoubtedly, be an unmitigated disaster for PlayStation to do so.
The majority of PS Studio games under development aren't GaaS. The majority of games greenlighted by Hermen aren't GaaS. Sony plans to increase their investment on non-GaaS titles for at least the next couple of fiscal years.

And to have a super successful game like Helldivers 2 that will generate pretty likely 9 digits of profits is something positive, not a disaster.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Remember when quite a few people on here were convinced this game (and any sequel actually) wouldnt come to PC because releasing TLOU on PC was a 'masterplan' by Sony to get PC gamers buy a PS5 for the 2nd game?, genius.

Anyway i love the first game but have no desire at all to play this. I am interested to see what the requiremets will be though with the first game being rebuilt for PS5, while this remaster is just the PS4 game at higher rez and framerate on PS5.

Last edited:

Denton

I have owned it since 2020 but don't want to play it on the Pro (and no I am not buying PS5 with its terrible design that would wreak havok on my living room) so it is nice I will finally get to see what all the hubbub is about. Unfortunately I did get the big beginning event spoiled already :-/

dolabla

All these Playstation games coming to PC and still no official PC controller dongle for the Dualsense. Come on Sony. Release one.

Zathalus

Anyway i love the first game but have no desire at all to play this. I am interested to see what the requiremets will be though with the first game being rebuilt for PS5, while this remaster is just the PS4 game at higher rez and framerate on PS5.
Part 1 and Part 2 are basically the exact same engine so I can't imagine the requirements being vastly different. Pretty sure the only reason Part 1 wasn't on PS4 was due to Sony simply not releasing it for that platform.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Sony trying to get to that "10 games over 4 years ported to PC without announcing anything new for their actual console" trophy I see.
Anyway, have fun modding 😏

Well they don’t really announce PS5 games until close to release and stuffs nowadays so just be patience.

Top Bottom