• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 remake features ‘more rearranged elements’ than Resident Evil 2

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

That’s according to the game’s producer Masao Kawada, who told Famitsu that he believes fans of the 1999 original will enjoy both familiar and fresh story elements Capcom has created for the remake.

While the basic plot of the game is the same, new elements have been added, he said.

One significant change detailed in the interview involves protagonist Carlos. The design of the character has changed dramatically since the PlayStation original and according to Kawada, the character’s changes also extend to his personality in the story.

One element Capcom wanted to remain faithful to was the design of lead character Jill. Kawada told Famitsu that Jill is one of the series’ most popular characters, so he wanted to remain authentic to her character, even though her costume was updated for the game.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

im good with it. just hope the zombies cant lunge like magnets from a mile away like they did in 2 remake. it was challenging and all but it got so fuckin annoying i gave up halfway through my second playthrough. didnt even attempt hardcore

Last edited:

dDoc

The original is way outdated compared to today's standards. Here's hoping they expand the length of the game, puzzles that fit into the world and not an overload of em, a good action challenge whilst not otp and that they nail down the nemesis encounters. And a nice set of trophies please.

kaworid

Neo Member
This will be the "left over assets" game/dlc more arcady, more actiony less unique imo but still amazing just like re3

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
90%!?!? Would love to know how they've made this title so quickly.

I'm sure I read something that said it was originally supposed to be 2 and 3 in one remake package, but they ended up expanding both, so they released them separately. Don't quote me on that though.

Correct. So is the game different enough? Are you saying we visit the same locales?

Thanks in advance :)

You revisit the police station, but there's a lot of new stuff too.

Blond

Banned
Correct. So is the game different enough? Are you saying we visit the same locales?

You do and you don't. It takes place in the same city and shares many of the same locations BUT there are new ones as well. What they're saying is that the games shared enough assets and code (Funny enough, just like the Ps1 RE2/3) that they could just pick up and start working on the new stuff and finish it much quicker.

KàIRóS

A big portion of the game happens in the police station like RE2, but they also already had zombie models, city areas and they will probably use a modified code for Nemesis based on Mr.X coding so yeah, the original also came out within a year of RE2 for the exact same reason.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I guess you've never played the original RE3, they already had half of the assets thanks to RE2 Remake.

its been in development for a bit now apparently. coincidingly with remake 2's development which started in 2015 remember.

I'm sure I read something that said it was originally supposed to be 2 and 3 in one remake package, but they ended up expanding both, so they released them separately. Don't quote me on that though.

You revisit the police station, but there's a lot of new stuff too.

You do and you don't. It takes place in the same city and shares many of the same locations BUT there are new ones as well. What they're saying is that the games shared enough assets and code (Funny enough, just like the Ps1 RE2/3) that they could just pick up and start working on the new stuff and finish it much quicker.

A big portion of the game happens in the police station like RE2, but they also already had zombie models, city areas and they will probably use a modified code for Nemesis based on Mr.X coding so yeah, the original also came out within a year of RE2 for the exact same reason.

Thanks all. I look forward to RE3 :)

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I think its a good thing. A complete remake is wonderful but in this circumstance I've played the game since it came out. I still remember what the streets feel like and how a certain fight will play out. It isn't exactly like the original where everything just needed a graphic upgrade. I want to see new terror with familiar eyes. I wonder if they'll have the same clock tower puzzle or elevator battery part One thing that I really enjoyed about RE2R was how items and certain parts of the game looked. The flow of the game is important, especially if you take away the RE navigation. If you aren't going to make the Resident Evil Remake then you might as well make a game that's both true to the original game and one that can breath life back into everything. I'm looking forward to see how they utilize Nemesis.

As long as they keep the choice based branching story paths I'll be happy.

That gave the game a ton of replay value and often rewarded choosing the tougher option with neat rewards, assuming you didnt die.

Oh, and the costume store. Getting to replay with the STARS Uniform, Regina's outfit or in silly disco gear was great.

Reactions: RSB

dDoc

I disagree, I like the original model better and not only because of the default clothes she was wearing. ;)

I know I know nostalgia and its rose tinted glasses ;)

vS3wANn.png

ucrjjbF.png

xrnzaaas

I know I know nostalgia and its rose tinted glasses ;)

vS3wANn.png

ucrjjbF.png
I know how the in-game model looks like on the PSX and that's due to severe hardware limitations, I was talking about the model from the official artworks and the back cover. I realize that she may look to some people like a doll instead of a living breathing human being, but they still could've based the new one on it instead of trying to make someone looking totally different and (imo) much less feminine.
48LhvMk.jpg

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
You’re in the police station for like 5 minutes a very small portion of the game

Kokoloko85

Mr x ruined resident evil 2 remake for me. He shouldnt of been in the police station or till the end maybe. I was enjoying my game
Till he came up

Dacon

Banned
I know how the in-game model looks like on the PSX and that's due to severe hardware limitations, I was talking about the model from the official artworks and the back cover. I realize that she may look to some people like a doll instead of a living breathing human being, but they still could've based the new one on it instead of trying to make someone looking totally different and (imo) much less feminine.
48LhvMk.jpg

It would have been nice if they had built her new model off of this old design instead of just scanning another real life person .

I feel like characters have less of an identity for it.

Gargus

Banned
I hope so. I enjoyed re2 and all but I blew through both play throughs in like a week or so and it was all too familiar. I enjoyed it but just felt very samey to me. And had few new surprises. I liked it but I was glad I got it for 20 last black friday.

Top Bottom