• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one or is Politics on NeoGAF turning to Reset 2.0? We're making fun of em' but it's basically turning into that here on Politics. We can't really have two Resets can we? It would be fucking putrid.

I have noticed an increased uptick in bans, especially conservatives members. Diffusion, Schrodinger'sCat, Crypto, Highrider and so many others....

As a Conservative myself.... That fucking sucks.
In what way?

One thing I like about that place, is that I see a lot of constructive posts when people are not busy arguing amongst each other. Compared to other gaming forums like IGN or GameFAQs, people seem to put more effort into their grammar and thought into what they want to articulate. If I go to IGN you just come across really crass/immature content sometimes.

I hope this place can become a place for really in depth analysis and discussion about the most obscure gaming related things.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I see you detailed your reasons above. I tend to stay away from political discussions and don't really have much of an opinion myself.

Last edited:
Am I the only one or is Politics on NeoGAF turning to Reset 2.0? We're making fun of em' but it's basically turning into that here on Politics. We can't really have two Resets can we? It would be fucking putrid.

I have noticed an increased uptick in bans, especially conservatives members. Diffusion, Schrodinger'sCat, Crypto, Highrider and so many others....

It wasn't because they completely disregarding the rules, nah, it's because they are conservative. You've cracked the case!

Well, I can't post in politics yet as I am new. Been lurking since the old days. Even had an account here that bishoptl permanently banned.

But the post above with the whole fringe content - I can see why he did that. Some threads were really quite deranged but NOT all of them. For example -- am I allowed to have a personal opinion on the election? Am I allowed to believe it was stolen?

What is considered conspiracy and what is not?

Seriously?

Dav-Kripler

Ok EL.. I guess it's time to put her down 😞💔
Fwiw, this thread was GOTY 2020. Most distressing goes to era, ironically the cyberpunk 2077 of forums

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Plenty of conservative voices left in Politics. Just don't go nuts with conspiracy theory shit and you'll be fine. Schrodinger is coming back btw.

Dav-Kripler

What a shame. One of my favourite parts were the parallels to Yoda isolating himself. I had no problems with the portrayal of Luke and I think the movie handled that well.

(but enough of my derailing!)
Nah keep going😅🙏 last jedi yoda is still best yoda. His interactions with Luke pretty much captured the feelings of the burnt out fans of the og franchise perfectly

Ionian

Ok EL.. I guess it's time to put her down 😞💔
Fwiw, this thread was GOTY 2020. Most distressing goes to era, ironically the cyberpunk 2077 of forums

What are you on about about? Second post asking for it in the last two pages.

Plenty of people here that enjoy it and have light banter about the ridiculous nature of the forum. No harm is being done.

Will simply spill into other parts of the forum.

Just ignore the thread and move on maybe?

Dav-Kripler

What are you on about about? Second post asking for it in the last two pages.

Plenty of people here that enjoy it and have light banter about the ridiculous nature of the forum. No harm is being done.

Will simply spill into other parts of the forum.

Just ignore the thread and move on maybe?
Don't get me wrong, I still love to see it. It was an extremely helpful decompression from era. Just feels like the political side is spilling over a bit. You're right though, nobody is forcing me to read it. 🤷 There is plenty of stuff in the thread and the forum in general that is still good natured ribbing and fun.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Reports of a Harry Potter series in development at HBO have them in a tizzy. This basically encapsulates the level of discussion over there.

RJwsPwH.png

Ionian

Reports of a Harry Potter series in development at HBO have them in a tizzy. This basically encapsulates the level of discussion over there.

RJwsPwH.png

Wow, you weren't joking. The OP finishes the initial post with "Fuck JK Rowling". Why bother posting it then you moron?

Then the first page alone is people parroting the same with the odd person being happy about it.

Too many for me to even bother screen-capping.

RVAfX5e.jpg

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Wow, you weren't joking. The OP finishes the initial post with "Fuck JK Rowling". Why bother posting it then you moron?

Then the first page alone is people parroting the same with the odd person being happy about it.

RVAfX5e.jpg
For the woke points.

Astral Dog

some conservative members are just writting pretty shitty posts in poliGAF since the Capitol raid, fair moderation is fair imo, at least be glad most of it is contained in that section

Raven117

Well, I can't post in politics yet as I am new. Been lurking since the old days. Even had an account here that bishoptl permanently banned.

But the post above with the whole fringe content - I can see why he did that. Some threads were really quite deranged but NOT all of them. For example -- am I allowed to have a personal opinion on the election? Am I allowed to believe it was stolen?

What is considered conspiracy and what is not? So any threads must have a seal of approval from left-approved news sources/outlets?

My point is - are Conservatives views being silenced or targeted at NeoGAF? I thought this place was suppose to be different?

Somehow during Trump 4 years - wild conspiracies were allowed to be posted such as Russia-gate among other well-known conspiracies and these were all coming from left-leaning Tweets/YouTubers (not from proper sources) and it was NEVER censored?

I am trying to understand whether it's worth it to stay or leave. As I was quite interested in staying here due to Conservatives having a voice. If we don't.... I really don't want to stay. Too bad.

Thanks again for the update above.
Conservatives aren't being targeted. Come on, Man.

Crazy ridiculous "theories" are the issue. With respect to "Russia", sentiments do change over time. Also, when you have a Special Investigator Appointed, thats more than a theory and newsworthy, regardless of whether it is ultimately true. There is a difference between the two.

Ionian

Conservatives aren't being targeted. Come on, Man.

Crazy ridiculous "theories" are the issue. With respect to "Russia", sentiments do change over time. Also, when you have a Special Investigator Appointed, thats more than a theory and newsworthy, regardless of whether it is ultimately true. There is a difference between the two.

What has this got to do with Era?

Ionian

Just responding to the dudes post.

Here ya go. Conservatives aren't targeted here like they are on Era. Does that work for you?

Not really, you're both in the wrong thread. There is a politics sub-forum for your needs I believe.

Has zero to do with this thread.

Raven117

Not really, you're both in the wrong thread. There is a politics sub-forum for your needs I believe.

Has zero to do with this thread.
Cool, thanks for policing the thread.

Just FYI, this thread is often a place to talk about whats happening on GAF, how its changed, and what to expect on other boards.

dionysus

Yaldog

RVAfX5e.jpg

Narrator: He subscribed to HBO Max just for this series and binged watched it the first night.

Last edited:

Velcro Fly

After getting banned in the past and having it expire, I have now been banned again (permanently) for the exact same ban reason. It turns out they are absolutely disappearing people who challenge them when no one is looking. Just as well I have no one to screech and whine and demand me be unbanned. I made no friends there. It won't even be noticed that I'm gone.

I guess coming after a protected poster in the CPRD trans thread was a bad idea. Turns out protected poster Shugga doing the exact same thing did not receive a ban.

I know it is cliche at this point but that place is so god damn hypocritical and the regular users that still give a shit about that place are so browbeaten and brainwashed they don't even remember what that place was supposed to be. I was probably the shittiest mod that GameFAQs (lol) has ever seen and even I knew more about how to manage a forum and run a community than they do. The apparent nearly two month backlog of duration pending bans they have racked up is also funny. I was unbanned and still roaming the forums for over a month before they got to me.

Being on a forum is supposed to be fun. That website in large part has not been fun for a very long time. I tolerated the bullshit there while mostly staying in a few community threads. I'm not really upset to be banned. I'm actually a little ashamed I ever gave a shit about that place once it became clear what it had become. I see that now. The place was just an absolute drain. Seeing such dishonesty and hypocrisy and negativity. I've cared less and less about that place for a while but it wasn't until I just stopped going there and stopped reading dumb opinions from those morons that I realized how bad that place was for me. I only wish I was able to help more regular people leave that place forever. The silent majority definitely exists there. Place is definitely already in the decay cycle before it crashes and burns into nothing. The writing is there on the wall.

Also I guess when I can again I'm changing my name back.

Last edited:

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
I guess coming after a protected poster in the CPRD trans thread was a bad idea. Turns out protected poster Shugga doing the exact same thing did not receive a ban.
Shugga is definitely protected, but how that person managed to fall in the mods' grace is a mystery to me. They pretty much spend most of their time creating single-sentence posts with hatred directed at something else.
I've cared less and less about that place for a while but it wasn't until I just stopped going there and stopped reading dumb opinions from those morons that I realized how bad that place was for me.
Yeah, just giving a quick glance at their off-topic forum at any time of the day is depressing. So much negativity, so much hatred, so much emotionally- or dramatically-written thread titles. Most of it about America's politics, Trump specifically. Add in the 2-3 covid threads, the 2-3 daily "I hate this person" threads, and so on, and it just keeps piling up.

I feel sad for those who have acquired the habit of using it (and neogaf before era was created) as their only news source, and perhaps the only site they frequently visit. It's just not good for anyone's mental health to be stuck in a never-ending echo chamber of hatred.

Last edited:

RVAfX5e.jpg
The thing with these types of comments is ... I don't believe em. It's like being in a cult, but most of the times the cult members actually break the rules just in secret. So these fuckers will denounce the show now, but once it releases they'll make all kinds of excuses why they had to watch it: "For education purposes etc". Or they'll watch it, write a little bit about how awesome it was and then at the end of every post you'll see the Fuck JK Rowling signature and that's it.

JSoup

Banned
It's like being in a cult, but most of the times the cult members actually break the rules just in secret. So these fuckers will denounce the show now, but once it releases they'll make all kinds of excuses why they had to watch it: "For education purposes etc". Or they'll watch it, write a little bit about how awesome it was and then at the end of every post you'll see the Fuck JK Rowling signature and that's it.

I hadn't thought about it in so many words before now, but it's a lot like Bokononism. The basics of which is it's a banned religion that everyone practices, including the people who banned it.

nush

Shugga is definitely protected, but how that person managed to fall in the mods' grace is a mystery to me. They pretty much spend most of their time creating single-sentence posts with hatred directed at something else.

All you have to do is hate what they hate and you can be as vicious as you like to any non protected poster. That's shows how passionate you are about the ideologies they hold most highly. That's why they are full of troll accounts that have also worked this out.

Tuff McNutt

He's protected because he's a prominent member of the BCT and Slayven's buddy, so even though he's the literal definition of a shit-poster, he'll never be permed, or even banned more than a week or so.

GeekyDad

...Place is definitely already in the decay cycle before it crashes and burns into nothing. The writing is there on the wall. ...
Yeah, I can see that. To be honest, I'm still there most days, but to be fair, I'm home-ridden, so the days are pretty long for me and I have to find things to do or read. There are still threads of interest, but for a long time I've tried to avoid anything that could even remotely incite me to write anything controversial, which, like you alluded to, is pretty damned hard these days. But eh, there's still things to read and participate in to kill time. The vibe, though, is pretty exhausting.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm about to open a can of whoop ass. Who the hell cancelled RLM.
RLM is doing just fine I think. They can irrationally hate on them all they want. It's one of those things that show how absolutely fragile they are though. They poked at Brie Larson for being bitchy! Oh, noes!

ManofOne

Plus Member
RLM is doing just fine I think. They can irrationally hate on them all they want. It's one of those things that show how absolutely fragile they are though. They poked at Brie Larson for being bitchy! Oh, noes!

I hope so Reset ERA crazies are a different breed. Hoepfully RLM can handle them.

After getting banned in the past and having it expire, I have now been banned again (permanently) for the exact same ban reason. It turns out they are absolutely disappearing people who challenge them when no one is looking. Just as well I have no one to screech and whine and demand me be unbanned. I made no friends there. It won't even be noticed that I'm gone.

I know it is cliche at this point but that place is so god damn hypocritical and the regular users that still give a shit about that place are so browbeaten and brainwashed they don't even remember what that place was supposed to be. I was probably the shittiest mod that GameFAQs (lol) has ever seen and even I knew more about how to manage a forum and run a community than they do. The apparent nearly two month backlog of duration pending bans they have racked up is also funny. I was unbanned and still roaming the forums for over a month before they got to me.

Being on a forum is supposed to be fun. That website in large part has not been fun for a very long time. I tolerated the bullshit there while mostly staying in a few community threads. I'm not really upset to be banned. I'm actually a little ashamed I ever gave a shit about that place once it became clear what it had become. I see that now. The place was just an absolute drain. Seeing such dishonesty and hypocrisy and negativity. I've cared less and less about that place for a while but it wasn't until I just stopped going there and stopped reading dumb opinions from those morons that I realized how bad that place was for me. I only wish I was able to help more regular people leave that place forever. The silent majority definitely exists there. Place is definitely already in the decay cycle before it crashes and burns into nothing. The writing is there on the wall.

Also I guess when I can again I'm changing my name back.

Can you link to post that got you banned? Curious.

What is considered conspiracy and what is not? So any threads must have a seal of approval from left-approved news sources/outlets?

My point is - are Conservatives views being silenced or targeted at NeoGAF? I thought this place was suppose to be different?

Somehow during Trump 4 years - wild conspiracies were allowed to be posted such as Russia-gate among other well-known conspiracies and these were all coming from left-leaning Tweets/YouTubers (not from proper sources) and it was NEVER censored?

I am trying to understand whether it's worth it to stay or leave. As I was quite interested in staying here due to Conservatives having a voice. If we don't.... I really don't want to stay. Too bad.

Thanks again for the update above.

First of all, this thread has nothing to do with the politics forum, there's a reason the forums are silo'd. Why come here to whine about it? It will just become another politics forum.

Second, and I have to say this, your equivocation of believing the election was stolen with being a "conservative" is just laughable. Believing it was stolen is actually a "deranged" opinion. It is an opinion that does not have a shred of evidence or facts to support it, and one that is spread and parroted to people like you, who either want to believe it in bad faith because it suits them politically, or because of a grotesque level of ignorance. Nobody who has spread these lies is willing to claim as such under oath, because they know they're lying.

You can "believe" it was stolen, you can believe whatever the fuck you want. You can also believe the earth is flat. But going into threads spamming that the earth is flat, over and over again, and mocking people who believe otherwise, is a ridiculous thing to do and would eventually get you banned. Your "opinion" that the election was "stolen" is no different. It's a claim so deranged and detached from reality, spread by liars and children who do not have the character or honesty to admit they've lost legitimately. No doubt if Trump was able to get enough corrupted officials in place to overturn the results and proclaim him the winner (as we now know for a fact he was desperately trying to do) you'd be cheering that on and have no problem with an election that is LEGITIMATELY stolen, since it gives you the political outcome you want. Enough with the hypocrisy and the fake victimization.

Yes, the claim that the election was stolen is the worst kind of conspiracy theory, one that can be and has been disproven a million ways, and the fact that you pretend to be some victim of conservative "silencing" because maybe there's a limit to how much people like you can shit up threads with that claim, is honestly so laughable. Now please stop shitting up this thread, which is composed of people tired of resetera's insanity, with your own brand of insanity. And if you want to leave this forum because your "opinion" on this isn't being coddled and celebrated enough, then stop threatening it, and just leave.

Last edited:

Ionian

First of all, this thread has nothing to do with the politics forum, there's a reason the forums are silo'd. Why come here to whine about it? It will just become another politics forum.

Second, and I have to say this, your equivocation of believing the election was stolen with being a "conservative" is just laughable. Believing it was stolen is actually a "deranged" opinion. It is an opinion that does not have a shred of evidence or facts to support it, and one that is spread and parroted to people like you, who either want to believe it in bad faith because it suits them politically, or because of a grotesque level of ignorance. Nobody who has spread these lies is willing to claim as such under oath, because they know they're lying.

You can "believe" it was stolen, you can believe whatever the fuck you want. You can also believe the earth is flat. But going into threads spamming that the earth is flat, over and over again, and mocking people who believe otherwise, is a ridiculous thing to do and would eventually get you banned. Your "opinion" that the election was "stolen" is no different. It's a claim so deranged and detached from reality, spread by liars and children who do not have the character or honesty to admit they've lost legitimately. No doubt if Trump was able to get enough corrupted officials in place to overturn the results and proclaim him the winner (as we now know for a fact he was desperately trying to do) you'd be cheering that on and have no problem with an election that is LEGITIMATELY stolen, since it gives you the political outcome you want. Enough with the hypocrisy and the fake victimization.

Yes, the claim that the election was stolen is the worst kind of conspiracy theory, one that can be and has been disproven a million ways, and the fact that you pretend to be some victim of conservative "silencing" because maybe there's a limit to how much people like you can shit up threads with that claim, is honestly so laughable. Now please stop shitting up this thread, which is composed of people tired of resetera's insanity, with your own brand of insanity.

It's a thread about Era, WTF is this shit?

Honestly is the politics sub-forum leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom