• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I quite enjoy how Rowling is breaking their minds and destroying their childhoods.

1Sy4qPh.png

Why not also destroy our children's dreams and aspirations while we're at it.
dont worry that guy is surely a little weasel liar and has no kids

nush

What a fucking tool. First of all, a prostitute played him perfectly. She made him think he's that one special guy and probably offloads a huge chunk of his income to her. They prey on the weak. I wonder how loving she'll react if he says he's broke.

Someone needs to search Resetera with the term girlfriend and posted by Nooblet to see if we've missed anything good. Google hits are limited

0egMdZK.png

"Former" sex worker now? Please tell me this guys now waged cucked himself to her! I'm not so sure a east European sex worker can transition form a high paid tax free job to a legit one she can afford to live on in the space of just a few months with all these lockdowns in place.

SkylineRKR

Apparently he got her out, this is from a few months prior (and he met her as a client), further below is a long write up:

Must've deep pockets, or she had a change of heart.

Women more hostile towards sex workers, now why would that be? Its because another woman is selling her body to some no life dirtbags. Some do it out of free will, others are forced to work by malicious people. But the biggest buzz killer is telling your date or female friend that you're into that kind of shit. As he said he was a frequenter. That might've pissed her off more than the fact he's now dating her regularly (if he even is anyway, perhaps he's clouded into believing it).

I'd be more worried about what kinds of nasty shit some male customers might do to them though.

Reading that stuff I'm from a country where sex work is legal and they have to pay tax. But he's sugar coating it and talking about an outlier with the luxury of choice. They make quick cash and they do meet lots of people, but this is also for the worse. There were a few cases in my city over the last few years, lots of physical abuse and a few murders even. And reports of young eastern European women being forced to work and accept the most low life guys. Many of the women are mentally and physically drained, there is also lots of drug abuse to keep them going. Such guys keep those business running.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Damn, the seattle protest car incident goes exactly like you'd expect. It's all "fuck that guy, send him to jail for life!" The usual assumptions that this was a hate filled white republican white supremacist...

eajvgQE.jpg

But then someone actually looks the guy up...whoops, narrative going off track! Better double down...
M3OdZni.jpg

lTuhIYy.jpg

And hey, remember all those calls to lock the guy up forever...if he's black it'll still happen but only because the police are rasict!
uCDiUWO.jpg

and yeah, let's run with "black guy duped by white guys into committing murder" as our explanation for all this.
8Z4EmNF.jpg

Is this what is meant by "living rent free inside your mind"? The contortions they pull to fit that square peg into the round hole are amazing. This tragedy illustrates a lot of failures of the protest movement to consider basic safety precautions for their members but oh no, its all a conspiracy to attack them!

DogofWar

Damn, the seattle protest car incident goes exactly like you'd expect. It's all "fuck that guy, send him to jail for life!" The usual assumptions that this was a hate filled white republican white supremacist...

eajvgQE.jpg

But then someone actually looks the guy up...whoops, narrative going off track! Better double down...
M3OdZni.jpg

lTuhIYy.jpg

And hey, remember all those calls to lock the guy up forever...if he's black it'll still happen but only because the police are rasict!
uCDiUWO.jpg

and yeah, let's run with "black guy duped by white guys into committing murder" as our explanation for all this.
8Z4EmNF.jpg

Is this what is meant by "living rent free inside your mind"? The contortions they pull to fit that square peg into the round hole are amazing. This tragedy illustrates a lot of failures of the protest movement to consider basic safety precautions for their members but oh no, its all a conspiracy to attack them!

"Black people who have an opinion other than mine can't think for themselves and are just brainwashed. They aren't capable of thinking on their own."

Now that is a truly anti-racist stance.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Ree never learns that one shouldn't rush to judgement and conclusions in these stories. Pretty sure there's still people perma banned pointing out that Jussie Smoleyay's story was clearly horseshit from the start.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Please announce the game already, I want to see how the reveal thread plays out, it’s going to be horrific

They’re really reaching with her just to show shock and outrage.

Anti-depressants are 100% overprescribed and the post she liked is equating that to hormones being prescribed too quickly rather than investigating through therapy the legitimacy of gender dysmorphia.

When being a “transtrender” is a thing, doing a little therapy to assess the legitimacy of their situation shouldn’t be seen as a shocking thing.

eajvgQE.jpg

M3OdZni.jpg

lTuhIYy.jpg

uCDiUWO.jpg

8Z4EmNF.jpg

Imo, it’s very racist to call black people who don’t align with your own political affiliation self hating. But hey that’s me.

Or do you have to be left of center if your black to not hate yourself?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Imo, it’s very racist to call black people who don’t align with your own political affiliation self hating. But hey that’s me.

Or do you have to be left of center if your black to not hate yourself?

They call black Republicans/Independents self hating all the time and also call them words like “coon” and post the tap dancing Daffy Duck gif.

Yet NeoGAF is a den of racists? 🤔

Chittagong

Gold Member
Imagine championing ”believe all women” and ”accusations are evidence” for years, and this year going nuts about black rights and equal opportunity.

So here comes a black president candidate, a real self made black billionaire if there ever has been one, who hasn’t been accused for anything improper. A black candidate who has a realistic shot at being the second black president in USA. An empowering inspiration for a new generation of black kids.

Sounds like a no-brainer, right?

Not so fast! Here is a senile old white man who has been accused of rape, clearly he is the best candidate, because this black candidate has participated in wrong think and must be called a “coon” and an “Uncle Tom”.

I can’t fathom the amount of mental gymnastics it takes to rationalise that. Oh, and BLM!

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Imagine championing ”believe all women” and ”accusations are evidence” for years, and this year going nuts about black rights and equal opportunity.

So here comes a black president candidate, a real self made black billionaire if there ever has been one, who hasn’t been accused for anything improper. A black candidate who has a realistic shot at being the second black president in USA. An empowering inspiration for a new generation of black kids.

Sounds like a no-brainer, right?

Not so fast! Here is a senile old white man who has been accused of rape, clearly he is the best candidate, because this black candidate has participated in wrong think and must be called a “coon” and an “Uncle Tom”.

I can’t fathom the amount of mental gymnastics it takes to rationalise that. Oh, and BLM!

Shhh no sense now, only screeching.

DrCheese

Someone needs to search Resetera with the term girlfriend and posted by Nooblet to see if we've missed anything good. Google hits are limited

0egMdZK.png

"Former" sex worker now? Please tell me this guys now waged cucked himself to her! I'm not so sure a east European sex worker can transition form a high paid tax free job to a legit one she can afford to live on in the space of just a few months with all these lockdowns in place.

That guy is living in the clouds. He basically had to "talk her into" a relationship with him, one that she said she didn't feel butterflies for. He sees her every fortnight or so for a day or two. It's not a healthy relationship, no matter what he tries to tell himself.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
finally got GDPR account deletion on REE.

Continued to lurk without many interaction last year, but last weeks were too heavy (also just for reading them) for me on SJW and virtue signalling about everything that I couldn't stand it anymore.

i feel lighter now
Well done bud!

jason10mm

Gold Member
finally got GDPR account deletion on REE.

Continued to lurk without many interaction last year, but last weeks were too heavy (also just for reading them) for me on SJW and virtue signalling about everything that I couldn't stand it anymore.

i feel lighter now
How did you do it? Just email them your old account name? I'd like to do it as well but I'm not an EU citizen., if that matters.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
How did you do it? Just email them your old account name? I'd like to do it as well but I'm not an EU citizen., if that matters.
Tell them you are Irish, Dutch, French, whatever floats your boat. I'm not sure about the UK's stance so I wouldn't pick them. GDPR is an EU thing, companies not operating in the EU still have to comply with GDPR for its citizens

Last edited:

G-DannY

used "contact us" link on the bottom right. being logged in, account/email (not banned) forms were auto-compiled.

I asked to be account deleted, to remove every personal information from the forum/servers, delete all my post.
And to be more "definitive", i stated clearly that I am an EU citizen (Italy) and intimated them to enforce my request ASAP by GDPR rules.

3 days and my account was finally entombed.

Last edited:
Going back to the conversation before on whether bans are counted for full member account on Era, they indeed DO NOT.

At time of writing this, the main page member count is 50,589. Yesterday at one point, it was 50,605. The most recent member, Dr. Wario, is member number 73,408. There have NOT been over 20k account deletions.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Going back to the conversation before on whether bans are counted for full member account on Era, they indeed DO NOT.

At time of writing this, the main page member count is 50,589. Yesterday at one point, it was 50,605. The most recent member, Dr. Wario, is member number 73,408. There have NOT been over 20k account deletions.

So 20k permabans and deletions right?

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
The UK gov introduced the data protection bill in 2018 which gives us the same rights as GDPR and is intended to stand once we have fully left the EU.

Angry Joe. Is no more.

OCVO6Jm.jpg

I am sure that deplatform will make a huge <0.5% dent on his channel.

Only banned channel on era i can think of that has really sunk of sort is boogie but that is largely his own fault.

Also i have yet to hear AJ say any 'bigoted remarks' . He pretty much stated the opposite in his review discussion, that if you dislike the characters cus being lesbian or trans your stupid.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Surely people realize they're not "deplatforming" things off ERA to make an impact? They are setting up yet another purity rule to put more squeeze on Gaming side. After awhile ERA will only be able to discuss the approved list of streamers and content-creators.
So how's the deplatforming of 343 after the allegations about one of their staff sexually abusing someone. This alleged staff member also is a member of Resetera (not important). Does Resetera employ double standards? I'm shocked 😂

Speaking of accusations, is Stinkles still posting?
Great minds think alike

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I am sure that deplatform will make a huge <0.5% dent on his channel.

Only banned channel on era i can think of that has really sunk of sort is boogie but that is largely his own fault.

Also i have yet to hear AJ say any 'bigoted remarks' . He pretty much stated the opposite in his review discussion, that if you dislike the characters cus being lesbian or trans your stupid.

Shit Boogie still has over 4 million subscribers.

PewDiePie over 100 million.

They can’t unilaterally cancel shit.

Surely people realize they're not "deplatforming" things off ERA to make an impact? They are setting up yet another purity rule to put more squeeze on Gaming side. After awhile ERA will only be able to discuss the approved list of streamers and content-creators.

At this point they should just make a list of “approved content”

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
That mod message looks like its written by someone with 70 IQ. Probably true, but still funny.

PLATFORMING DEPLATFORMING BIGOTTTT. Maybe throw in a racism too?

Last edited:
So 20k permabans and deletions right?

Not quite. If the graph I'm looking at is right, there are currently 1231 unambiguous permabans and 2775 duration pending bans at time said ban was caught (many of which get upgraded to a perm), so around 4k maximum (a lot of which would later request their accounts deleted).

There's a ton of math I'd have to do that I'm not willing to put the effort in, but from this we can assume there are A LOT of temp banned members at any given time, like 5k minimum, quite possibly double that. The other factors we'd have to look at are just how many never-banned/temp banned deleted members there are.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
It's a bad idea anyway, most of the traffic from that shitty forum comes from bitching and cancelling. So if you ban all the topics that trigger your feeble little mind, there is nothing to bitch about anymore.

Astral Dog

So how's the deplatforming of 343 after the allegations about one of their staff sexually abusing someone. This alleged staff member also is a member of Resetera (not important). Does Resetera employ double standards? I'm shocked 😂

Great minds think alike
If they were to deplatform the big companies for accusations there would be very little discussion on their Gaming forums and everybody would start to leave en masse that would be quite inconvenient

How many would be listed already? 343, Ubisoft, Insomniac, Disney/Pixar, etc

Last edited:

Ymir

Wow.

pUMTxVa.png

How the fuck does a single person get called "they"? Does he have two heads?

HtCdWc4.jpg
People are still screaming and the last page when I clicked the link about "signal boosting" that post since SOME PEOPLE aren't getting the memo and committing a hate crime. Also love how they don't give two shits about believing women or protecting women from abuse, they're more concerned about possibly misgendering a furry.

Even mods don't seem to give a shit about sexual assault:

K.Jack said:
Sonic seriously needs to learn to not jump on Twitter as soon as news comes out.

This is all they could muster to respond with in a thread about sexual assault. These white knights defending the poor women.

Also funny given if anyone else made that post they would be banned for "dismissing sexual assault".

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

People are still screaming and the last page when I clicked the link about "signal boosting" that post since SOME PEOPLE aren't getting the memo and committing a hate crime. Also love how they don't give two shits about believing women or protecting women from abuse, they're more concerned about possibly misgendering a furry.

Even mods don't seem to give a shit about sexual assault:

This is all they could muster to respond with in a thread about sexual assault. These white knights defending the poor women.

Also funny given if anyone else made that post they would be banned for "dismissing sexual assault".

This post is 100% where I am, like why all the virtue signalling?

Could it be that Sonic fox, one of their precious babes is hand waving sexual assault allegations against one of his bros and in an effort to drive conversation away from that grubby little reality they decide to shove pronouns down everyone's throat!!

Its gutless pandering to a perfect stranger, or maybe I'm wrong and Sonic Fox will give Resetera a shout at on Twitter down the line

The posts in that place will provide fascinating insights to future generations, it's as bad as 4chan but for the exact opposite reasons! and the funny thing is they dont get that!

A video game forum that "deplatforms" a YT creator of 12+ years and over a billion views that doesn't just tote the corporate line for positive reviews. Regardless of his political or preferences or views in life he has earnt his channel's place in the gaming reviewer landscape. So much for free speech, free speech doesn't like TLOU2 so deplatform it and protect our delicate members.

What a fucking joke, I've said it before - ERA is not a gaming forum or a public forum. It's approaching masochistic levels of curation now and the silent majority are just taking it. Jump ship, you've done it before it should come easy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom