• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't hate watched in a while, but I felt like I had to take a peak into the abyss what with Trump's speech and 4th of July all coming at the same time.

The America haters have already arrived and quickly derailing the thread. RedMercury is quick to shame anyone who would be proud of America. How long until the patriots are banned for "dark and divisive" rhetoric?

I don't get why it's hard or wrong for some people to be proud of their country even if they don't agree with or support the current politics. I for sure don't support the current government in my country but i am proud of my country and it's history anyway.

Been in NYC twice during the 4th and it has always been a good time, especially with the epic fireworks on the east river. Last time there i even went to coney island for the hot dog eating contest.

Last edited:

nush

JordanN

Banned
When Resetera tries to sign up with a GAF account. :messenger_confused:

BJfaLWw.png

HX5AaVb.png

3AG2vna.png

Z9uNoMt.png

So what's the solution when you can't find posts to smear GAF? Why, create a fake account of course and create fake content instead.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
When Resetera tries to sign up with a GAF account. :messenger_confused:

BJfaLWw.png

HX5AaVb.png

3AG2vna.png

Z9uNoMt.png

So what's the solution when you can't find posts to smear GAF? Why, create a fake account of course and create fake content instead.

That was just weird. Troll account I am guessing.

Handel

The ZeRo thread really shows how little compassion they have for anyone's plight beyond the marginalized groups that they push. ZeRo's dad had sex in front of him, and beat up on his mom in front of him, when he was age 5. He actually had a boy molest him at school, was severely bullied, and from not being in school for years legitimately wasn't his physical age mentally/socially at 19. Yet his pain and suffering doesn't matter, because one girl took offense years down the line at some mildly inappropriate stuff he did, and another had some pervy stuff said to her in texts.

To them, the "abuse" faced by those girls is worse. To them, a supposed progressive forum, because he was physically a legal adult, he should be treated mentally/socially as an adult despite severe setbacks in his mental development. To them, his abuse is irrelevant, and #MeToo only matters if it's someone whose supposedly squeaky clean record, and generally if it's a woman.

Fucking scum of the earth.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Troll accounts are usually funny or serve a purpose.

This was just a bad attempt at "owning the Conservatives" through the eyes of a Resetera idiot.

Biggest give away was when he called July 4th "biggest holiday in the entire world". I bet his username also implies we're all cowboys and fire guns off horses.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Ree has 50k members in total.
Retardera rely mostly on ex Gaf users. After 2 months, Ree had 43k members 33K members to 40K in the first 6 months, then the slow rise to 50k.

Resetera didn't create its own community, they stole it from Gaf. That's why they never really grow. If they would dare to restart the community according to their morality check, less than 5k would remain.

They have a very little loudly core, but most of their base not only don't give a shit, but they have completely opposite opinions, according to EVERY anonymous survey they did which always ended in a way completely different from their rethotic.

Edited: numbers were wrong, my bad.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Retardera rely mostly on ex Gaf users. After 2 months, Ree had 43k members, then the slow rise to 50k.

Resetera didn't create its own community, they stole it from Gaf. That's why they never really grow. If they would dare to restart the community according to their morality check, less than 5k would remain.

They have a very little loudly core, but most of their base not only don't give a shit, but they have completely opposite opinions, according to EVERY anonymous survey they did which always ended in a way completely different from their rethotic.

When the polling shows that their mods' rhetoric isn't shared by the majority (typically overwhelmingly in the contrary) they shut them down. That should tell one everything they need to know about ResetEra.

SkylineRKR

lol I haven't posted in a long while what up gaf... I just got bant for using "AIDS" as an pejorative. Could someone explain to me why thats bad lol. I literally said

2020 is AIDS. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: <---- this sentence is 100% true though!

wb

fuck them. They ban anything thats not perfectly in line.

If you said white community, hetero, alt-right or anything they hate is AIDS you would get a pass. Same as that one poster bringing up the n-word but then against people like Crews who aren't on the same page as those loons. That one mod is offended by anything pointing at color, but not in this case. Makes you wonder.

Last edited:

Handel

The ZeRo thread on ERA clearly showing they won't be happy till they drive another person to suicide. Their lust for blood is really something else.

maneil99

The ZeRo thread really shows how little compassion they have for anyone's plight beyond the marginalized groups that they push. ZeRo's dad had sex in front of him, and beat up on his mom in front of him, when he was age 5. He actually had a boy molest him at school, was severely bullied, and from not being in school for years legitimately wasn't his physical age mentally/socially at 19. Yet his pain and suffering doesn't matter, because one girl took offense years down the line at some mildly inappropriate stuff he did, and another had some pervy stuff said to her in texts.

To them, the "abuse" faced by those girls is worse. To them, a supposed progressive forum, because he was physically a legal adult, he should be treated mentally/socially as an adult despite severe setbacks in his mental development. To them, his abuse is irrelevant, and #MeToo only matters if it's someone whose supposedly squeaky clean record, and generally if it's a woman.

Fucking scum of the earth.
Meh, his abuse is sad but he continued it onto a 14 year old girl.

A pedo is a pedo, he clearly needs help but he also is fucked.

Handel

Meh, his abuse is sad but he continued it onto a 14 year old girl.

A pedo is a pedo, he clearly needs help but he also is fucked.
What he asked of her was inappropriate and illegal, and there's a level of abuse there, but don't act like he actually physically molested her or was sending her nudes. Guy needs help, but all ERA cares about is helping him to his grave.

Vaelka

Not to mention white people cancelling themselves.

Or pretending to be black, all flavours.

I especially love when they acknowledge that black people have different opinions, but then they only accept the opinions of certain black people and continue to speak on behalf of them while ignoring the ones they disagree with or who aren't victimizing themselves :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

SkylineRKR

What he asked of her was inappropriate and illegal, and there's a level of abuse there, but don't act like he actually physically molested her or was sending her nudes. Guy needs help, but all ERA cares about is helping him to his grave.

This is why an online friend of mine has been banned there long ago, I think when the site was up for a year or so. He made a good post, about getting those people professional help and keeping them away from children, but not wishing them to be murdered like they did. He then said its like a sexual preference they're likely born with, much like other people are feeling attracted to same sex or the opposite sex, they develop such feelings towards children.

He then was permed, with the reasoning that he compared pedophiles to gays, and that he was dismissing pedophilia altogether. He wasn't even mad I think, just shocked how utterly insane that posse is.

Last edited:
I don’t know how it works in the US since I am not American but people there seems it to be unnatural and immoral for people being around 18–19 flirting and dating 15 year olds?

I can only say it’s a extremely common thing that a 15-16 year old girl has a boyfriend that is around 19-20 in my country. But in the US you deserve to be chastised if you do? It’s bizarre. How is that pedophilia btw?

From what I read Zero wasnt even 20 and was in the wrong... Like I said no one would even care or bat an eye at it. If he were like 25 or older people would take notice. Where I’m from age of Consent is 15, but if both parts are 15 or younger it’s legally ok to get it on anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why it's hard or wrong for some people to be proud of their country even if they don't agree with or support the current politics. I for sure don't support the current government in my country but i am proud of my country and it's history anyway.

I sort of understand it. I was pretty goddamn bitter about the country when I was in my teens/early 20s during the Bush years. It took a lot of learning the history of the country (both good and bad, of which there are plenty) and about the greatness that Americans have accomplished, while also understanding just how rare and precious the freedom we enjoy is, to really appreciate this nation for what it is.

nush

I don’t know how it works in the US since I am not American but people there seems it to be unnatural and immoral for people being around 18–19 flirting and dating 15 year olds?

I can only say it’s a extremely common thing that a 15-16 year old girl has a boyfriend that is around 19-20 in my country. But in the US you deserve to be chastised if you do? It’s bizarre. How is that pedophilia btw?

From what I read Zero wasnt even 20 and was in the wrong... Like I said no one would even care or bat an eye at it. If he were like 25 or older people would take notice. Where I’m from age of Consent is 15, but if both parts are 15 or younger it’s legally ok to get it on anyway.

It's very black and white in America, I think some states even had age of consent as 21? You can date underage, the assumption is that they must be having sex, but they could also be waiting. It's another topic for discussion.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet! Another suicide thread!

Love how like clockwork they just robotically dole out that fucking hotline number 😂😂😂

I wonder if any of them realize that it's their non-stop negativity and shit flinging about everything, both small and large, that is creating an environment in which people dependent on the Internet for community are looking to take their lives for no good reason.

No, probably not. They'll just keep it up and use their suicide hotline phone number as a way to convince themselves they did nothing wrong.

wvnative

I wonder if any of them realize that it's their non-stop negativity and shit flinging about everything, both small and large, that is creating an environment in which people dependent on the Internet for community are looking to take their lives for no good reason.

No, probably not. They'll just keep it up and use their suicide hotline phone number as a way to convince themselves they did nothing wrong.

Like, I'd hate to dismiss anyone genuinely having suicidal thoughts...

But REEEEE is such an easy manipulated community...does anyone else think that SOME of those threads are just trolls that want to make the puppets dance?

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Love how like clockwork they just robotically dole out that fucking hotline number 😂😂😂
Ah fuck, not this shit again.
People going through the darkness is awful and I hope they don't go through with it. If you are feeling that way, talk to someone just not on the internet. However, these types of threads usually pop up in clusters like celebrity deaths, looking for attention.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I say this not to make light of the person who made the thread. But do you think the Era members who show up in threads like these and come across as caring and loving people ever stop to think the constant hate spewing negative threads they create over there might actually feed into someone's personal depression making them want to kill themselves?

If you're somebody already depressed and having a hard time seeing any good in the world, Reee is the last place you should be hanging around.

Ymir

Weird, you're saying the bannings haven't improved morale?

Also, this thread is pretty amazing to read:

It's a technique to teach kids swimming and has been for decades but they're losing their shit over optics rather than whether it can save lives. It's amazing how they make fun of "Karens" but just whine like overprotective parents from the 90s that everyone made fun of. Everything hurts their sensibilities.

entremet

ResetEra is the internet's premier video gaming forum destination. A savory assortment of enthusiasts, journalists, & developers. Home to breaking news and discussion ...
I never understand that refrain. I don't disagree with the toxicity. Look at the Laura Bailey stuff. But gaming is so mainstream--it's like watching TV for older generations.

Most ppl on ERA, including myself, are definitely in the hardcore demo--we own multiple consoles, gaming PCs, and so on. You spend on time on a forum to discuss it. That's is the hardcore of the hardcore. They even comment on gaming subculture news--stuff that most of the gaming world doesn't even know about. So this yes all gamers suck stuff just is so bizarre to me.

Another thing of note, gamers tend to trend much older. This is something that many are not aware of. The gaming demographic is getting older. And these older gamers aren't really spending all their hours on social media.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I never understand that refrain. I don't disagree with the toxicity. Look at the Laura Bailey stuff. But gaming is so mainstream--it's like watching TV for older generations.

Most ppl on ERA, including myself, are definitely in the hardcore demo--we own multiple consoles, gaming PCs, and so on. You spend on time on a forum to discuss it. That's is the hardcore of the hardcore. They even comment on gaming subculture news--stuff that most of the gaming world doesn't even know about. So this yes all gamers suck stuff just is so bizarre to me.

Another thing of note, gamers tend to trend much older. This is something that many are not aware of. The gaming demographic is getting older. And these older gamers aren't really spending all their hours on social media.

And yet, you still post on a forum whose moderators are openly racist (ERA).

Why? The vast majority of threads are not discussing games or the love of the media, but what is offensive/problematic and actively trying to dismiss/ruin anyone who dares disagree.

Last edited:

entremet

And yet, you still post on a forum whose moderators are openly racist (ERA).

Why? The vast majority of threads are not discussing games or the love of the media, but what is offensive/problematic and actively trying to dismiss/ruin anyone who dares disagree.
I think I had this discussion before. I post on various online platforms that have flawed people lol. No idea who you're talking about since I stay in my interest area in ERA. I like forums because I can focus on specific threads. Same with Twitter and so on.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I think I had this discussion before. I post on various online platforms that have flawed people lol. I like forums because I can focus on specific threads. Same with Twitter and so on.

I think Era goes beyond having "flawed people", mate. But I can see where you are coming from, even if I vehemently disagree.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not being self-righteous. I'm flawed myself lol. That's the human condition. But each day we can try to be better. I'm sounding like a Hallmark greeting card now haha.

Hallmark card or not, you're speaking the truth.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This is one of my biggest beefs with cancel culture. There's no redemption narrative.

I'm obviously not talking about legit monsters that commit unrepentant crimes.

Really good book on the topic if you're interested:

Ymir

Awkward reply from an admin.....

Sophia said:
Xenodude X said:
Does that mean he/,she is okay?
She.

I'm waiting for confirmation myself, but the person I reached out to can get a hold of Melody and her family. I have an idea of what this is about, and I'm definitely not mad, nor do I hate her at all. I've also reached out to Melody myself, so hopefully she'll respond to me soon.

Bolded and underlined for emphasis

Are the admin abusing people or something? Very weird way to vaguely respond to a question about whether the person is ok....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom