• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Angry Joe hasn't become alt-right. Maybe they've become more extreme.......

Last time i checked he is a bernie bro and very anti Trump. But i guess leftist people can be alt right if you don’t hold these virtue signaling values dear.

I mean calling something sushi as a world play is concern for racism over there and I can’t fathom how.

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

That's the most pathetic of aspect of Resetera virtue signal threads... they have 0 impact.
"I called him out on his bigotry!" "Deplatforming works!" "Unsubscribed, eat that Joe!"
OK........

All in all Abby is allright IMO
But there are objective reasons people don't like, being a women or being swole aren't one of them (for the vast majority of people).

A) Consumers rarely like a character when he has just murdered the main protag.

Duh?! Abby fucking killed Joel, why the hell would you want to play as her?

B) Consumers don't want to be fooled

Ellie is on the box, you should be playing as Ellie. Nobody cares about a little flashback/switcheroo now and then.
But you simply can't dedicate 50% of the game to a surprise guest.

Back when MGS2 on PS2 did a similar thing, people also got mad. And Raiden was male.

There are so many reasons not to like Abby..... but sure ERA, it's all about Transphobia.

how can it be transphobia when Abbie is a woman?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
It’s funny that they keep saying how everyone else is upset or losing their minds over Abby but they’re the only ones I’m seeing getting unhealthy obsessed and upset over.
Let us not get carried away now. There’s, like, a dozen open threads in Gaming side here about Abby. Let’s not pretend the character didn’t rustle some feathers on GAF,

They have no impact. If something's changed, its likely not because of their tears. They'll claim the victory sure. Its nutjobs like Schreier who seem to write more and more with them in mind betting on a wrong horse.
See, this is the most baffling thing about all this.
Even a 100% ”pure” Era would nave the social impact of a fart in a hurricane.
Let’s say they ban all the “bigots”... OK. What then? What do they get? What do they win? What’s next?
Most of the “pure” ones don’t even buy games and sure as hell they aren’t interested in discussing games as, you know... games. So what’s the site even for, then? What’s the point of journos pandering anymore to a crowd that doesn’t affect gaming sales in the slightest?
100% ”pure” Reeee is the end of Reeee.. So if they keep pursuing it, it must be a personal obsession - and a very unhealthy one.

nush

how can it be transphobia when Abbie is a woman?
nnsns.gif

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Temtastic Muns
8 minutes ago
Witness said:
So did they end up censoring it?
Two of the three "fucks" were censored, it seems.
its also censored in that it ignores the plight of slaves and has colonial slave masters played in blackface as if they were rapping immigrants and it also straight up terribly history.

but I don’t expect Era to cancel Hamilton or even be cognisant of it’s offenses even though It is far more offensive to the irl plight of blacks than all the statues in the world or any amount of Fourth of July celebrations

it is fucking hilarious that the highest rated movie is bad whitewashed history done in blackface. if you needed any evidence that critics were completely full of shit

Last edited:

nush

All those posts and bans..., they are trolls, right?

No they are mostly real, but the way to troll them is not to make them mad. You post the most insane things you can think of and watch them just agree with it. The prize of a great Resetera troll is to be screencapped on another forum as an example of their insanity.

No they are mostly real, but the way to troll them is not to make them mad. You post the most insane things you can think of and watch them just agree with it. The prize of a great Resetera troll is to be screencapped on another forum as an example of their insanity.
I would like to troll them, but it seems that you can only make a thread after some posts (200). I don't have stomach to this. I simply can't.

Just post "Fuck white people" 200 times. You might even become a mod.

Well there are people who seriously believe (it seems) that you absolutely can not be racist against white people. Apperantly racism was 'invented' in europe by white people in the 17th or 18th century and did not exist before then, not in any culture and such.

xrnzaaas

Ree has 50k members in total. I don't know how many are good willing, trolls etc.. but they have 50k. Lets pretend all 50k are on page, hate and will unsubscribe from AngryJoe right now, he would be like:

whatever-gifs-9TAfL3.gif

They have no impact. If something's changed, its likely not because of their tears. They'll claim the victory sure. Its nutjobs like Schreier who seem to write more and more with them in mind betting on a wrong horse.
This is the problem with the entire western world. They've been brainwashed / taken hostage / whatever you want to call it by the extreme leftists. Even if a person or a company hasn't yet been infected by their way of thinking they're still afraid to say something wrong or even become accused of staying silent about "important" topics. This will only continue as long as social media exists, because even if you'll lose reputation and money by catering to the needs of these people it won't be enough and you'll also be told it's a battle worth fighting for.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I would like to troll them, but it seems that you can only make a thread after some posts (200). I don't have stomach to this. I simply can't.
Just write fucking racist or transphobic people has to die in every topic and you will be at 200 post in a couple of hours (and probably with a moderator badge)

Last edited:

graywolf323

Holy shit. I remember that. That was weird

I just checked my old account to see what I posted last, but it is just Star Wars posts haha

my last post before I returned what about some Switch game I planned to buy :messenger_tongue:

the people who committed account suicide instead of just ignoring it didn't make sense to me, why not just be a mature adult and request an account closure?

Daffy Duck

TDLink

I got banned again a few weeks ago, this time for 3 months -- until September. Which is just ridiculous. I actually even sort of understand why I was banned (for full disclosure, I was basically saying that in my experience I've experienced less racism in Canada than the US). Like, okay, I understand how maybe that isn't empirically true or that racism is also still bad in Canada. Whatever, I get that maybe I should have copped a ban for that even though I was straight up talking about my own lived experience. But 3 months? They also used my previous 1 week ban against me (which imo -was- unjustified) saying it was a "history of infractions" even though it had nothing to do with race or anything close to the topic at hand.

At this point I'm still going to lurk and read the gaming forum but I just can't imagine actually posting over there again. It's insane and a total warping of reality.

Ree has 50k members in total. I don't know how many are good willing, trolls etc.. but they have 50k. Lets pretend all 50k are on page, hate and will unsubscribe from AngryJoe right now, he would be like:

whatever-gifs-9TAfL3.gif

They don't really have 50k users because that number includes all those who are banned. Those accounts don't get deleted. The number of active users is almost certainly only around 10k, possibly less.

SkylineRKR

You can't spell Tsushima without Sushi so whats their problem?

This is like the hell version of GameFAQS, and that forum was hell itself. I started out there, in 1999 or so. And I nuked my account some time later because I never experienced such stupidity before yet. So many dumbfucks who would rip stuff you post out of context, report you for this, and for that, their opinion was fact... etc. Even if you used the word Gay in a non joking context you would be marked. I found that stupid because they would instantly associate the word with bad things this way. I think the word was even censored when you typed it?

I never thought there would be a worse version of that but here we are. These guys must've started there as well, and evolved into the over sensitive moronic piece of shits they are now.

Last edited:

Ionian

They don't really have 50k users because that number includes all those who are banned. Those accounts don't get deleted. The number of active users is almost certainly only around 10k, possibly less.

The truth, they have more lurkers laughing at them then logged in users.

They always kept the user-count despite the bans.

TrainedRage

Banned
Get a load of these tards….

MUH faces rape my mind.

I got banned again a few weeks ago, this time for 3 months -- until September. Which is just ridiculous. I actually even sort of understand why I was banned (for full disclosure, I was basically saying that in my experience I've experienced less racism in Canada than the US). Like, okay, I understand how maybe that isn't empirically true or that racism is also still bad in Canada. Whatever, I get that maybe I should have copped a ban for that even though I was straight up talking about my own lived experience. But 3 months? They also used my previous 1 week ban against me (which imo -was- unjustified) saying it was a "history of infractions" even though it had nothing to do with race or anything close to the topic at hand.

At this point I'm still going to lurk and read the gaming forum but I just can't imagine actually posting over there again. It's insane and a total warping of reality.

They have a few thousand but very active users so you see the same people pretty much in every thread.

Many threads are also just reactions of people saying just things like ‘holy shit’ and ‘fuck him’ ‘He is piece of shit’ etc. Nothing else and no arguments..

Usually in forums I have been active on that type of one liners gets u warnings.

Last edited:
The truth, they have more lurkers laughing at them then logged in users.

They always kept the user-count despite the bans.

This actually isn't true. Anyone who is currently banned does not show up on the front page member count. It's why you'll see the number go up and down a lot. The member count will continue to go up because as much as we joke, there are more accounts signing up than getting banned in the long run (at least at the moment).

HOWEVER, this does not take into account inactive members and alts. The member count may be going up all the time, but unique posters over a 24 hour period has been on a downward trend for a full year and a half at this point if not longer. Era, just like Gaf before it, has always been a lurker forum with a small amount of posters dictating the direction it takes. That number is shrinking all the time because very few genuinely new people will stay active enough to offset longtime members getting banned or going inactive. Era's reputation has also been in a downward spiral for a while now, which limits the amount of outside people signing up.

This slow bleed is likely to continue for the foreseeable future due to several groups having radically different ideas of what Era should be. The staff have made their volatile bed that they now have to sleep in, one that they'll continue to try and repair until it falls apart entirely.

Last edited:

MUH faces rape my mind.

I've been there and it is quite an overrated site in itself but the scenery around it is awesome. But removing it would serve no purpose at all and would just fuck up the mountain.

Ionian

This actually isn't true. Anyone who is currently banned does not show up on the front page member count. It's why you'll see the number go up and down a lot. The member count will continue to go up because as much as we joke, there are more accounts signing up than getting banned in the long run (at least at the moment).

HOWEVER, this does not take into account inactive members and alts. The member count may be going up all the time, but unique posters over a 24 hour period has been on a downward trend for a full year and a half at this point if not longer. Era, just like Gaf before it, has always been a lurker forum with a small amount of posters dictating the direction it takes. That number is shrinking all the time because very few genuinely new people will stay active enough to offset longtime members getting banned or going inactive. Era's reputation has also been in a downward spiral for a while now, which limits the amount of outside people signing up.

This slow bleed is likely to continue for the foreseeable future due to several groups having radically different ideas of what Era should be. The staff have made their volatile bed that they now have to sleep in, one that they'll continue to try and repair until it falls apart entirely.

Fair enough, I stand corrected if that's the case!

Always thought they never removed banned accounts from the stats as anytime I looked I didn't see it drop.

TDLink

Really? I was under the impression members were always counted as long as they weren't deleted. But even if you're right, a lot of people who are banned stop being active posters even once they are unbanned, and some leave the site altogether. Like you said, the more important factor is how many unique posters are actually active there, and that number is nowhere close to 50k.

Really? I was under the impression members were always counted as long as they weren't deleted. But even if you're right, a lot of people who are banned stop being active posters even once they are unbanned, and some leave the site altogether. Like you said, the more important factor is how many unique posters are actually active there, and that number is nowhere close to 50k.

On average, the amount of active posters over a 24 hour period hovers between 4k and 5k. At the same time last year, it was between 5k and 6.5k.

I would say the amount of highly active posters is probably sub-1k at this point. At most 2% of the userbase, which are also dictating policy.

Ionian

Turns out it is apparently. whooops :D

TDLink

Yeah, that's what I thought. Their 50k member count is incredibly misleading. Truth is the forum gets smaller every day with their insane amount of banning. You can already see that the speed of the front page of both forums has slowed considerably from once it once was (much less what it was on GAF). I very much doubt the active users are even 5 figures in number. The members of the industry and "insiders" who used to post there, and before here on GAF, are all but gone at this point too.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Them trashing Angry Joe is so predictable, and so hilarious. How they could watch his review and find "misogyny" in it, they really have a lot of people there who need psychiatric help and some who just need to go outside. This isn't healthy behavior.

nush

MUH faces rape my mind.

0uKJDUI.jpg

Being removed from a streaming service near you now!

Yeah, that's what I thought. Their 50k member count is incredibly misleading. Truth is the forum gets smaller every day with their insane amount of banning. You can already see that the speed of the front page of both forums has slowed considerably from once it once was (much less what it was on GAF). I very much doubt the active users are even 5 figures in number. The members of the industry and "insiders" who used to post there, and before here on GAF, are all but gone at this point too.

Their unique users has not actually grown in about 12 months and is currently on a downward trajectory

What that means is that it’s the same people sitting around screeching and they are not getting any fresh blood in....it’s going stale

People are obviously starting to realise the lie they were sold about a free open forum which you can’t really have when the same people that made this place a shithole leading up to The split moved over there and became mods....people didn’t see that coming???

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't hate watched in a while, but I felt like I had to take a peak into the abyss what with Trump's speech and 4th of July all coming at the same time.

The America haters have already arrived and quickly derailing the thread. RedMercury is quick to shame anyone who would be proud of America. How long until the patriots are banned for "dark and divisive" rhetoric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom