• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remnant 2 just popped up on gamepass

Justin9mm

I have held off on Remnant 2, and Hogwarts and Elden Ring, because I was hoping they would appear on Game Pass at some point.

I wonder, does anyone think Hogwarts and ER could turn up eventually?

I'd say Hogwarts is more likely of the two.
Nothing against you but you either like souls type games or not. Something tells me if you didn't want to buy or play ER by now, you are probably not going to like it. You can get your fix by playing Lies of P.

Last edited:
Is it even worth playing if not doing co-op? I asked that around the time of launch and nobody could give me a straight answer.

It's a looter shooter with emphasis on fine tuning builds so you can take on higher difficulties. There is procedural generation so replays are fun.

If you play these games solo, it will be fun. Personally I like it in coop much better.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Is it even worth playing if not doing co-op? I asked that around the time of launch and nobody could give me a straight answer.
It's a great souls with guns and a fuckload of secrets to find and build variety, i mostly played solo.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
ric flair GIF

Godot25

Banned
I felt the DLC was to short and underwhelming.
I guess it didn't fare to well.
What?
Game exceeded publisher expectations

...and it already sold 2 million copies.

I feel that this is more about Embracer being so desperate for cash, that they took what Microsoft offered.

S0ULZB0URNE

What?
Game exceeded publisher expectations

...and it already sold 2 million copies.

I feel that this is more about Embracer being so desperate for cash, that they took what Microsoft offered.
Initially and has already been on sale multiple times including when the to short DLC released.

rofif

Banned
I have held off on Remnant 2, and Hogwarts and Elden Ring, because I was hoping they would appear on Game Pass at some point.

I wonder, does anyone think Hogwarts and ER could turn up eventually?

I'd say Hogwarts is more likely of the two.
And exactly because of that, we will see less new single player games.
If more people wait for shit to go on sale or gamepass, there is no way for remnant3

Buy games you are interested in. Waiting for gamepass ensures fail of the game. And if next one will happen only in gamepass, it means they failed and it will be cheap crap. Gp is not sustainable and it’s a fail state for games that didn’t sell for the most part.

lol calm down gamepass? Get a bigger shovel to shovel the shit then.
Buy the games you want. Waiting to play games in gp will ruin this industry.
I play what I want. Not what they give me for free.

Gamepass isn't free anymore.

They plugged all loopholes.

If more people wait for shit to go on sale or gamepass, there is no way for remnant3

Buy games you are interested in. Waiting for gamepass ensures fail of the game. And if next one will happen only in gamepass, it means they failed and it will be cheap crap. Gp is not sustainable and it’s a fail state for games that didn’t sell for the most part.
I usually do.

This year I've bought Resident Evil 4 Remake, Spiderman 2, Baldurs Gate 3, GoW Ragnarok, and a ton of older games.

I do invest in games I want.

But, I also can't buy every game I want and so game pass gives me a chance to play those games I perhaps wouldn't want to risk £60-70 on.

Stuff like Atomic Heart (which was excellent) or Starfield, or Forza Motorsport etc...

I think there's room for game pass in the space.

DavidGzz

I don't usually wait but this year has been crazy, and I am still working through the backlog. I was going to wait for this one to go on sale and almost pulled the trigger recently. Glad I didn't. Just played this all night on Game Pass. Like others have said, the game sold plenty and now MS is paying them to get it on Game Pass, so they are sitting pretty when it comes to revenue for the game. No need to worry about the industry, man. lol. So much concern.

Why don't you get your PS+ refund finished before you lecture everyone, sir.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I don't usually wait but this year has been crazy, and I am still working through the backlog. I was going to wait for this one to go on sale and almost pulled the trigger recently. Glad I didn't. Just played this all night on Game Pass. Like others have said, the game sold plenty and now MS is paying them to get it on Game Pass, so they are sitting pretty when it comes to revenue for the game. No need to worry about the industry, man. lol. So much concern.

I usually do.

This year I've bought Resident Evil 4 Remake, Spiderman 2, Baldurs Gate 3, GoW Ragnarok, and a ton of older games.

I do invest in games I want.

But, I also can't buy every game I want and so game pass gives me a chance to play those games I perhaps wouldn't want to risk £60-70 on.

Stuff like Atomic Heart (which was excellent) or Starfield, or Forza Motorsport etc...

I think there's room for game pass in the space.

NO! STOP!

os2glRS.gif

Ozriel

M$FT

Give this shit a rest. You’re happily playing games on PS Plus Premium

GP isn't a free service, and devs get paid to put their games there.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Dude, calm down. If the game is on Gamepass now I will give it a go and then buy it when it leaves. I wasn't waiting for it on gamepass, I was almost buying it but I held off as I hadnt played it and have a lot of games to play. Now i can try it and hopefully enjoy it. Stop being so salty! :)

On another note, does anyone know if its cross play across Xbox and PC gamepass?

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Someones angry they cant ask PS for a refund 😂 Anti Xbox flows strong in you

Serious note, cant wait to get stuck into remnant 2, got the play on Playstation great time to get in the new game

Zuzu

Over the last few hours I've played the game on both my Series X and Series S. It looks good in balanced mode on the Series X (running on my C1 Oled). I was expecting a lot more upscaling artifacts and poorer image quality considering it's running on a sub-1080p internal resolution. But it's a pretty good image. There's some artifacting around the character but nothing too bad. The environments look pretty clean and not too blurry.

Series S looks good as well running on my 1080p LG gaming monitor. It would've helped if they could've added in motion blur just to smoothen the 30fps a bit though. But motion blur must be too gpu intensive.

It's good to see Unreal Engine 5 running better on the consoles. It's running significantly better in this game than Immortals of Aveum displayed.

Last edited:
Great game. Just wish I had more buddies to play it with. The art direction and random generation actually work very well together all things considered and it's a big improvement over the first game.

On another note, does anyone know if its cross play across Xbox and PC gamepass?
I too would like to know this. Well, not gamepass, just crossplay PC/Xbox. The crossplay of DeepRockGalactic was annoying in that it only worked with the Windows Store version of the game.

Last edited:

twilo99

Over the last few hours I've played the game on both my Series X and Series S. It looks good in balanced mode on the Series X (running on my C1 Oled). I was expecting a lot more upscaling artifacts and poorer image quality considering it's running on a sub-1080p internal resolution. But it's a pretty good image. There's some artifacting around the character but nothing too bad. The environments look pretty clean and not too blurry.

Series S looks good as well running on my 1080p LG gaming monitor. It would've helped if they could've added in motion blur just to smoothen the 30fps a bit though. But motion blur must be too gpu intensive.

It's good to see Unreal Engine 5 running better on the consoles. It's running significantly better in this game than Immortals of Aveum displayed.

Montion blur would've been good for the s .. like whatever Bethesda did with that in Starfield should be standard for low FPS

twilo99

I too would like to know this. Well, not gamepass, just crossplay PC/Xbox. The crossplay of DeepRockGalactic was annoying in that it only worked with the Windows Store version of the game.

I don't see the "play anywhere" tag in the xbox app on PC but I'll probably download it later to see how it runs and see if it syncs

This year has been crazy for GP.
Good for people who wants to buy games and have money for it , I have 2 kids spending 70 dollars on games is insanity for me
I would never buy games like remnant , lies of p ,age of empires , hi fi rush , atomic heart, starfield, Forza.
The value this year has been crazy.

MikeM

Playing at 4k using FSR 2 ultra settings. Runs well at 90-110fps but you have to do a restart of the game if you play with upscaling settings as they seem broken.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Remnant also runs at a low base resolution, (it's like 792p in Balanced 60 FPS mode) but you wouldn't know playing on console cause its one of the rare UE5 games which uses Unreal's own TSR up-sampling, which has better resolve than FSR2, especially in motion.

Last edited:

twilo99

Just tested it, game syncs fine between Xbox and PC

I’ve got some really weird FPS cap options on PC .. 41-55-82 I’ve never seen that before.

Running ultra settings between 60-80fps on 6800xt / 5800x3d without FSR

Last edited:

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member

No Thank You Reaction GIF

It’s very rare a game is worth $70, though 2023 certainly tried. Sales and subscriptions is the way to go when there are so many great games.

Also, publishers get paid for putting games on these services. The idea that it’s only for “games that didn’t sell” is an absolute trash tier take when you can easily look at a list and see there are plenty of successful games on there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom