• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remnant 2 just popped up on gamepass

j0hnnix

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

bbeach123

Is it even worth playing if not doing co-op? I asked that around the time of launch and nobody could give me a straight answer.
Not really no , map design pretty unfun 4 me . Some procedural generation shit (even though its not ?)

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG
Is it even worth playing if not doing co-op? I asked that around the time of launch and nobody could give me a straight answer.
Is this a game you need to play with friends, or can you play it solo?
Finished it solo on PS5, took me around ~20 hours. The game is GOTY material.
As an advice pick the Handler as your starting class since it gives you a pet companion that can revive you and can also aggro the enemies.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh damn, both of them?

Now that's a pleasant surprise.

Dare I say, the best deal in gaming even.

Is this a game you need to play with friends, or can you play it solo?

I played R2 solo 99.9% of the way through without any issue. just had to partner up for the very final boss because it was a bit beyond my skill-set at that point.

Last edited:

Jedi0608

One of the better games this year. I loved the challenge. Now that it’s on gamepass, no reason not to give it a shot. It’s dark souls with guns.

This is the Souls-like game but with guns right? I saw some streams of people playing this game I think.
Looks frustrating if you don't have the right build, but I'll give it a shot. I might even like the pain :)

adamsapple

This is the Souls-like game but with guns right? I saw some streams of people playing this game I think.
Looks frustrating if you don't have the right build, but I'll give it a shot. I might even like the pain :)

It's a lot more forgiving than a Souls game.

I would say it's a lot more like a semi-linear The Division.

I've just finished going through the first game and DLC and had an absolute blast. I was surprised how many different things I found even when I thought I was done with an area and apparently the second game amps that up even further.

20 hrs sounds good.
Yup! To give a summary of my experience with it as a solo player:

+ Fun and addictive combat
+ Nice build variety especially as you level up your classes and combine them (at a certain point in the game you can have 2 classes active at the same time)
+ Cool punchy weapons and dope armor sets to find (some early weapons you craft and/or find are very, very good and can carry you till the end)
+ Gorgeous worlds to explore with tons of secrets and puzzles; they're also very different from one another
+ Cool boss fights
+ Replayability by re-rolling the campaign/worlds after finishing it and also joining public MP game sessions to help others out in co-op (if you want to ofc)
+ easy crafting system to understand and use

- Performance issues on console in certain worlds/areas
- spike in difficulty at the final boss (if you're up for more challenging fights you should be able to beat it solo; if not you can open up your game to let others in to help you)
- some non-important puzzles can only be done in co-op (95% of the game's content can be done solo)

Last edited:

twilo99

Showing 65gb on my series s and 73gb on my PC, the question is where to play..

Is it better in mouse and keyboard or controller?

Bkdk

There was a bunny girl mod I saw for this game, likely won't run on gamepass version but probably will try it out.

I have held off on Remnant 2, and Hogwarts and Elden Ring, because I was hoping they would appear on Game Pass at some point.

I wonder, does anyone think Hogwarts and ER could turn up eventually?

I'd say Hogwarts is more likely of the two.

adamsapple

I have held off on Remnant 2, and Hogwarts and Elden Ring, because I was hoping they would appear on Game Pass at some point.

I wonder, does anyone think Hogwarts and ER could turn up eventually?

I'd say Hogwarts is more likely of the two.

I doubt Hogwarts will be on GP for a couple of years, as it was primarily under Sony marketing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom