• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember that Emoji Movie Sony Pictures announced about a year ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
notorious code breaker emoji Jailbreak

pCFGBcx.gif

Arkeband

Banned
I hate how TJ Miller feels the need to do these garbage tier gigs. He's in the Marvelverse and is one of the co-leads of Silicon Valley, ffs.

Razmos

I saw the picture and thought it couldn't get any worse.

Then I saw that James Corden is in it.

I swear to fucking God I am going on a TV blackout when trailers for this film start showing, I cannot stand the man.

I'm serious when I say I would rather go watch a Meme movie than this diarrhea dump of a shit idea.

Pepe on the big screen... FeelsGoodMan.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Will we get a raunchy sex scene between an 🍆 And 🍑 ?

(Eggplant and a peach)

pswii60

Sony just churns out the absolute worst movies aimed at the absolute lowest common denominator. And most of them bomb, so it's not like they even succeed chasing this bottom of the barrel market.

🙉👎🏼

😀😀😀😀😬😬😬😬😬😒😒😒😒😒😠😠😠😠😠😡😡😡😡😡

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Didn't think I could hate James Corden more but... wow. I guess this is what I'd call Super Hate 3.

EMOJIMOVIE: EXPRESS YOURSELF unlocks the never-before-seen secret world inside your smartphone. Hidden within the messaging app is Textopolis, a bustling city where all your favorite emojis live, hoping to be selected by the phone's user. In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression - except for Gene (T.J. Miller), an exuberant emoji who was born without a filter and is bursting with multiple expressions. Determined to become "normal" like the other emojis, Gene enlists the help of his handy best friend Hi-5 (James Corden) and the notorious code breaker emoji Jailbreak (Ilana Glazer). Together, they embark on an epic "app-venture" through the apps on the phone, each its own wild and fun world, to find the Code that will fix Gene. But when a greater danger threatens the phone, the fate of all emojis depends on these three unlikely friends who must save their world before it's deleted forever.

The most painfully generic premise imaginable.

I enjoyed Kubo and the two strings so much when I went to see it, but the trailers leading up to it.... jesus christ, and i'd imagine most of these piles of shit will out perform it at the box office, just depressing

So this is most definitely a thing? lol OK. Sony Pictures continues to carry the SM of studio mismanagement into their grave.

Sony Pictures has been a dumpster fire for a while. The hack didn't help.
And as of last year, Tom Rothman, the wonderful man who brought us Fantastic Four 1 & 2, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Daredevil and Ghost Rider is chairman of Sony.

Holy hell, that explains way too much! The recent corporate struggle and the hack was one thing, but this is another level entirely.

Jailbreak = Wildstyle.

Literally my first thought too lol.

Over/Under on how many years it takes to get our first Shit Post movie:

4.5 years

Title:

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

From Sony Pictures

lmao

(Though I'd argue a meme movie could probably turn out better than this project. At least memes actually have an appeal of being inside jokes for people who recognize them. Emojis don't have any notable background to them in the same way memes and Legos do.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom