• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Sony Business Thread [Quarterlies, Annual Financials, Share price, Acquisitions etc.]

ksdixon

Jul 31, 2010
I'm curious if the Saudi Prince investing in, say, TakeTwo, would hamper the likelihood of Sony doing the same, let alone trying to buy them like previous rumors suggested? (though I personally assume Sony didn't have enough money for that anyway, and part of those exclusive content/timed exclusive games/Remakes and Remasters method includes a GTA 3/SA/VC remaster instead of a buyout)

reksveks

Jun 4, 2020
It wasn't for a while though. The point is MS like to muddy the waters when it suits them.
Like all companies, Apple doesnt split out services cause they don't want people to figure out apple TV users.

It's a pretty standard business practice.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Jan 26, 2016
It wasn't for a while though. The point is MS like to muddy the waters when it suits them.
star wars hate GIF

• Strength
Reactions: Kerotan

Kerotan

Oct 31, 2018
Like all companies, Apple doesnt split out services cause they don't want people to figure out apple TV users.

It's a pretty standard business practice.
So it deserves comment. Sony don't do it. They could easily bundle in their Aniplex revenue to gaming to make it look even better.

If Sony's gaming division was in trouble they prob would do it though and it would be fair to call it out.

Reactions: Panajev2001a

reksveks

Jun 4, 2020
So it deserves comment. Sony don't do it. They could easily bundle in their Aniplex revenue to gaming to make it look even better.

If Sony's gaming division was in trouble they prob would do it though and it would be fair to call it out.
No they couldn't, cause shareholders could rightly complain about not giving relevant information. If shareholders noticed than the Sony pictures division revenue dropped x amount and Sony gaming division gained x amount, it would be noticed.

Sony probably does do it for smaller sectors like mobile phones which is grouped into their Electronic Products and Solutions categories.

Getting back to the point of my topic, can you show me evidence of Microsoft misclassifying revenue so it goes under the xbox division?

Last edited: