• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember that Emoji Movie Sony Pictures announced about a year ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Coming Soon: Facebook, The Movie

See what happens when you and all of your online friends get together inside The Facebook!

tkscz

But seriously what is going on at Sony Pictures? If it's not terrible to mediocre reboots, it's crap like this. Are they just hard to work with or something? Do they not except ideas from writers/directors or no one wants to work with them? I can't understand it.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Coming Soon: Facebook, The Movie

See what happens when you and all of your online friends get together inside The Facebook!

I've always wondered what my facebook friends are up to when they're not on facebook. Do they have normal lives like normal people?

Now I can find out!

Emoji on the left looks like

dED6EvP.png

Fun Fact, The Smurfs 2 is also from Sony Pictures

That is a smurf???

Sony cinematic universe incoming.

But seriously what is going on at Sony Pictures? If it's not terrible to mediocre reboots, it's crap like this. Are they just hard to work with or something? Do they not except ideas from writers/directors or no one wants to work with them? I can't understand it.

Sony Pictures has been a dumpster fire for a while. The hack didn't help.
And as of last year, Tom Rothman, the wonderful man who brought us Fantastic Four 1 & 2, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Daredevil and Ghost Rider is chairman of Sony.

Catvoca

Banned
This will probably be terrible but I do like the cast a lot.

I like James Corden in the carpool karaoke thing, but can't fucking stand him outside of that. :(

Gavin and Stacey, the sitcom he co-wrote and starred in before he was famous, is really good.

Mr-Joker

Banned
You know that you reach rock bottom when you make an animated movie that literally has a walking poop.

Seek help Sony before you do anymore damage.

Kristine Belson, President of Sony Pictures Animation, commented on the announcement saying, "Over six billion emojis are texted every day, and emojis have become a universal language that transcends age and culture. The power of emojis is that they allow you to express yourself in a fast and very fun way, and that is what our movie is about: self expression. We are very lucky to have some of the smartest and funniest actors today bringing their unique voices to this movie."

One; this reeks of desperation Two just because six billion Emojis are texted everyday doesn't mean that people are going to be lining up to watch what looks like a Pac-Man knock off.

This movie will bomb and oh boy it's gonna hurt.

I can easily see this work, not saying it will be good but it could work.

There are already enough jokes with emojis to get clever with it and they are huge.

Why do the have bodies? And will characters change emotional states? If so that's already breaking the whole concept, and if not, how will they have compelling characters?

I have a feeling I've already put more thought into this then whatever studio greenlit this.
If you read the OP it literally explains everything you're asking my friend. Oh the wonders of the OP.

Elija2

Sony Pictures Animation's EMOJIMOVIE: EXPRESS YOURSELF, which will take place through some of the most popular and universally recognized smartphone apps...

This is just gonna be one big commercial for smartphone apps, isn't it?

Can this generation breed or has the internet fried their reproductive organs? Can we just stop now but pretend the moon landing was our finest hour?

hahaha millenials amirite?

Lets spare the histrionics, and realize this is a movie studio treading water, so they have to throw out ideas and see which ones stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom