• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REIROM AM SUPERSTAR TOTAL

Wax Free Vanilla said:
mediapuppetmasters2sx5ec.jpg

miyamoto needs to get reified & fishified at next eee.
clap26ub.gif
those assholers stole the netal language tsc tsc

_859894_league150.jpg

Well, if the thread peaked, let's go on a tangent!

In Dawn of Souls, there is a Monty Python reference "None shall pass!"

There's also a Homestar reference when one of the NPC's talks about being "burninated"

What other cool references have you found in any game?

When I saw this I laughed my ass off. I was going to post it, then forgot. Oh well.

Anyway, as Sho Nuff said, this isn't the end of Reirom-speak in games.

Danj

HeadsUpSevenUp said:
There's also a Homestar reference when one of the NPC's talks about being "burninated"

What other cool references have you found in any game?

There's a homestar reference in Age of Empires 3 - the cheatcode "Sooo good" enables the display of things like "MUSKETEER'ED!" above the heads of dying units.

Flynn

God bless those NOA localization guys. They've got their craft so nailed down that now they're just showing off.

^ the above is true

I worship Bill Trinen almost as much as I worship Miyamoto :)

EDIT: This Reirom reference can probably be attributed to Nate though...

and Leslie Swan kicks ass for supervising and being Peach's voice :)

I'm playing Chibi Robo in Japanese right now, and even though I know what's going on I wish it was in English. The writing is just that much better.

Dalamar86

Matlock said:

Despite the fact that Zelda is going to be much more on the serious side, if they were to even have this guy fit in one Reirom reference within his lines I will probably die.

Perhaps an "am cry" within some actual English.

Sal Monnella in Phoenix Wright was 1337 speaking throughout all the game *ROFFLES* ha><0red

but this, this is something else entirely, and in a Mario game on top of it all.

FartOfWar

Banned
Bebpo said:
That scene was AWESOME in the game. Seriously the writing in the DS game is better than almost anything you can get in English this year. Best localization ever!

You serious? Isn't that like seeing an R Kelly pissing joke on this weeks SNL?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Just to confirm, that scene (and localization), are quite real.

The team that translates the Paper Marios and M&L games, are they the same team that did the Fire Emblems?

And, please g-d, tell me they're doing Zelda?

Because by g-d, they are the best localization team in the industry. And I can't believe they're Nintendo. I never would have imagined it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Mejilan said:

The team that translates the Paper Marios and M&L games, are they the same team that did the Fire Emblems?

Because by g-d, they are the best localization team in the industry. And I can't believe they're Nintendo. I never would have imagined it.
the localization of FE PoR was amazing great great scrip and don't get me started on Paper Mario.

I'm with you on this one, I hope Zelda TP gets translated by them.

Mejilan

Error2k4 said:
the localization of FE PoR was amazing great great scrip and don't get me started on Paper Mario.

I'm with you on this one, I hope Zelda TP gets translated by them.

I love how much of a f-cking bastard Ike can be!! Without trying! Hahahah.

Ironclad

That part made me laugh hysterically. The way they lead into it, the dialogue itself, and then the dialogue after the battle. It's all written so well.

Yes, the NoA localization team is brilliant. They really know their stuff and they just improve with every title work on. Plus, why wouldn't they work on TP? That's probably their biggest upcoming project.

Mejilan

So, is there only one real localization team at NoA who handles all of these games now? If so, they've gotten awesome.

Ironclad

As far as I know, there is only one group. Managed by Leslie Swan and Bill Trinnen, IIRC. They really do have an excellent localization team. Plenty of talent in that team.

GaimeGuy said:
REIROM DID NOT MAKE UP THESE PHRASES.

AM CRY has been around for years.

Regardless, nothing can beat the enemy that said "All your base are belong to us!" in the first Mega Man Battle Network game.

well

Netal King said:
YES NINTENDO USED BECAUSE SAW 30 YEARS AGO IN A CARTOON

GIMME A BREAK MORON

YOU DEGENERATE ENVY MORON

WHEN YOU WILL BE CITED IN A GAME?

CRY ME A RIVER

GaimeGuy pwnt

Also, re: Mega Man BN... ??? So Capcom ripped off Zero Wing?

Starfire

Does this mean Nintendo endorses emulation? :lol

Usually Reirom speak doesn't do it for me, but seeing it used in a game in that context is hilarious!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Mejilan said:

Seriously how do you know it's real?

No way they'd actually put that into a game, knowing 90% of gamers don't even know who reirom is.

isamu said:
Seriously how do you know it's real?

No way they'd actually put that into a game, knowing 90% of gamers don't even know who reirom is.
more like 99%.

This is reason alone why nintendo's localization team rocks hard. Why else would they put a reference that only 1% of the people out there could get? It makes me feel special :D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
The translating team Nintendo has are on a super star roll, they are definitely getting noticed. I like how internet speak or as Reirom says "NETAL LANGUAGE" is becoming more popular in games, its so fucking stupid and funny at the same time. :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
phantomile co. said:
that's really great.

i hope this means that the owl in Zelda is gonna bust out an "orly" or "i see what you did there" on us.
:lol, I wouldn't rule that out. there is possibility that might happen.

From gamespy's review:
http://gba.gamespy.com/nintendo-ds/mario-luigi-2/673143p2.html
"One of the best features of Superstar Saga was the outstanding script, which in addition to being well written was also funny as all get out. In particular, a hilarious bit near the beginning of the game with 1337 speaking Hammer Bros. comes to mind, as does a throwaway line about the princess being in another castle. Sadly, Partners isn't nearly as funny as Saga..."

WTF...Does the first game have 1337 speaking Hammer Bros too, or is the reviewer really that stupid that he's praising the first game for strengths of the second?

Drakken

phantomile co. said:
that's really great.

i hope this means that the owl in Zelda is gonna bust out an "orly" or "i see what you did there" on us.

An "O RLY" would be insanely fantastic.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
From gamespy's review:
http://gba.gamespy.com/nintendo-ds/mario-luigi-2/673143p2.html
"One of the best features of Superstar Saga was the outstanding script, which in addition to being well written was also funny as all get out. In particular, a hilarious bit near the beginning of the game with 1337 speaking Hammer Bros. comes to mind, as does a throwaway line about the princess being in another castle. Sadly, Partners isn't nearly as funny as Saga..."

WTF...Does the first game have 1337 speaking Hammer Bros too, or is the reviewer really that stupid that he's praising the first game for strengths of the second?

Nope first one had jump-rope Hammer Brothers. Both of those quotes are in Partners, not Saga.I almost forgot about the princess being in another castle quote. Classic stuff. :lol

Top Bottom