• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Regenerating health enemies are a lazy design choice and should not exist anymore

On the new games you can only pause them for some seconds
Try "minutes" and you'll be correct. Remake Nemesis even drops items when you defeat him, like the original.
Honestly sounds like you're trying to spin these games into your narrative without actually playing them proper.

Last edited:

Banned
Try "minutes" and you'll be correct. Remake Nemesis even drops items when you defeat him, like the original.
Honestly sounds like you're trying to spin these games into your narrative without actually playing them proper.

you can literally only stun Nemesis for 30 seconds max until he gets back up and chases you again. you can also get a smaller 8 second stun with some weapons I think
and I think Mr X works almost identically (they basically reused the basic idea in both games, even the animation when stunned looks almost the same)

Last edited:
you can literally only stun Nemesis for 30 seconds max until he gets back up and chases you again.
Which is enough time to loot the entire area he's in and leave the encounter. The actual areas he chases you in are very small.
Similarly with X, he's basically off your ass until the next story beat if you choose to invest the resources to defeat him.
Unless, of course, you're sitting there fondling their balls while they're out, but I honestly don't want developers designing their games around people like that.

Banned
Which is enough time to loot the entire area he's in and leave the encounter. The actual areas he chases you in are very small.
Similarly with X, he's basically off your ass until the next story beat if you choose to invest the resources to defeat him.
Unless, of course, you're sitting there fondling their balls while they're out, but I honestly don't want developers designing their games around people like that.

my only point is he was right and you were wrong... it is only seconds not minutes.

I personally do not mind either enemy and find both of them very easy to deal with.

Last edited:

BigBooper

I don't like that either, but I'm not sure about it being a lazy or bad design decision. Not every game has to be designed for the lowest common denominator.

It makes the encounters feel less satisfying and makes my protagonist feel less powerful, which are probably both things that you want in a horror and suspense game. I just don't happen to like horror games.

Tschumi

I rarely see it, and it's usually a buff you can dispell or counter or just burn through.. not a big deal for me

Closer

Sometimes I don’t understand how people on this site even enjoy video games.

There are many types of games and gamers. There's a little something to everyone on this medium. You are bound to find something you like and something you don't like. Better not think too hard on this matter.

Kadve

They're fine. Now regenerating bosses on the other hand (especially those where you have to do something that stops them from regenerating) ... Those are just cheating!

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
my only point is he was right and you were wrong... it is only seconds not minutes.

I personally do not mind either enemy and find both of them very easy to deal with.
And they are easy, but annoying, and that's the problem. In DS2 particularly, the enemy can be stunned with two shots, and by that point you already have a ton of money, so bullets and health packs are no problem, and both chapters can be finished in less than 10 minutes if you do alright. The regenerating enemy is just to piss you off

Lazy gamers are a detriment to video game design. Stop crying about dumb stuff, git good. There was a reason why that enemy was created and how you had to tackle that section in Dead Space 2. If your IQ is too low, don't blame the game play something a bit more simple like like Call of Duty where your hand is being held through a ton of scripted events and super linear pathway. Just make sure to play on the easiest difficulty though, veteran might kill you judging based on this thread of yours. :)
Oh, you're so smart and I'm not. I show evidences of game design that could be fixed for no reason at all, because I'm just a CoD player and you have the best IQ ever for playing other games. Hey, I also only play on easy. Boo-hoo for me. You must be the greatest player ever at single player and even at multiplayer in all the games, right?! There's a message for the whole GAF: you only play CoD if you have a low IQ, and this guy right there is a "legend", like his name, because that's not a cry for help

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The worst...

8SNh.gif

14351-clock-tower-playstation-front-cover.jpg

Shut0wen

Honestly i loved dead space 2 until i got to that point, had no ammo or anything so never got to finish the game and didnt bother trying again

And they are easy, but annoying, and that's the problem. In DS2 particularly, the enemy can be stunned with two shots, and by that point you already have a ton of money, so bullets and health packs are no problem, and both chapters can be finished in less than 10 minutes if you do alright. The regenerating enemy is just to piss you off

Oh, you're so smart and I'm not. I show evidences of game design that could be fixed for no reason at all, because I'm just a CoD player and you have the best IQ ever for playing other games. Hey, I also only play on easy. Boo-hoo for me. You must be the greatest player ever at single player and even at multiplayer in all the games, right?! There's a message for the whole GAF: you only play CoD if you have a low IQ, and this guy right there is a "legend", like his name, because that's not a cry for help
Salty are we boo? <3

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
You mean the best parts of those games?

They're meant to be SCARY. That's why you can't hurt them
If this was the objective, it failed. A very good scary thing? Going back to Ishimura. Well placed, lot's of stuff and the PTSD. That was the shit, not the enemy

Spaceman292

Banned
If this was the objective, it failed. A very good scary thing? Going back to Ishimura. Well placed, lot's of stuff and the PTSD. That was the shit, not the enemy
I don't think Dead Space would be that scary if it didn't have monsters

Top Bottom