• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall is launching on Xbox consoles with Quality mode only (4K30FPS) - 60fps to be patched in at some future point

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well I think GamePass gives them some leaway to release a game incomplete and update it later. When you don't count on a ton of $70 sales Day 1, you don't need to start with the most polished product. So it's more of a byproduct of not having to go for millions of $70 sales in the first month or so of release.

This is a HORRIBLE excuse! Just TERRIBLE!!!

Denton

They should probably just delay the console version, 30fps is disgusting.

But I want my PC version in a month, assuming it's reasonably ready.

jose4gg

I need to make a new comment because I have laughed a lot today... 😂😂😂😂😂

I hope MS never leaves gaming, the way they plan to fail is always random and interesting, WHO TOUGHT an FPS in 2023 with THOSE graphics would be 30FPS?

Not me 😂😂😂😂

Fredrik

If it's a CPU bottleneck then the resolution matters very little until they fix the underlying problem.
Sure but more pixels results in lower framerate in like 99% of all games. And I don’t get the obsession, especially if they add motion blur or some other effect to hide the stutter that will blur the pixels they just managed to force in there.

Just go with 1080p and don’t do motion blur and it’ll look better when you’re actually playing it. Then include 4K and ray-tracing and the whole spectrum of things you can get there in 1fps for the photo mode if you desperately want people to post good looking screenshots on the internet.

dem

Not here to shit post by any means and while I too would have preferred the 60fps version over the 30fps 4k version, I (and none of us here) have ANY idea what those meetings looked like and what expectations were placed on the dev team.

Co-op game play in a large shared environment is difficult to do performantly. Games are not easy to make and a very V E R Y select few developers have unlimited time, talent, and budget.

Play it or don't play it totally up to you...just please stop shitting on the developer because you THINK you know what the fuck goes into making a game today.

I guess.
If they tried their best... that's what really counts.

Season 3 Good Job GIF by NETFLIX

And they even wanted always online.
Redfall would be a 100% flop. And it might be a flop even with Game Pass. It is just collecting bad rep before launch. Does not look great, has bad presentation, runs so so, no 60 fps. And it launches close to Zelda.

I know people blame "management" all the time, but it cannot be just management - like how many delays do you need to finish the game? I wonder if situation in the gaming industry is no different from any other software development, where due to popularity more and more people join game dev while having no idea what are they doing.

Last edited:

geary

They fucked up...It's like some devs have their priorities in opposite direction from what the customers want. It's incredible how out of loop they are...

kyoji

QxlH1Go.jpg

To be fair to greenberg, This was during the brief period where xbox series was the ‘worlds most powerful console’ right before something changed and it got rebranded to the ‘worlds most powerful xbox’. If you know you know.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Lol 😂 now redfall is everyone’s most anticipated game because the 60 FPS mode on console not being there at launch is the the deal breaker huh? Hopefully arkane gets that patch out for consoles soon. Man people love their negative Xbox news.

MS did this to themselves early on before these consoles were even released. They were chestbeating the shit out of it, and this is what you get...a shitty Halo game, Starfield 30fps and Redfall?

Some acting like 30fps is "unplayable" when a very large majority of people won't care. Especially a GP game that no one will be paying anything for.

Man this is worrying. This is why people don't like MS to buy up everything because they mess up everything also. This is pure damage controlling and gives a look how future xbox games quality standard will be low compared to the competition, because GP subs don't care since they don't pay per game.

This will fuck up the gaming industry with this thought.

Last edited:

Nydius

Some acting like 30fps is "unplayable" when a very large majority of people won't care. Especially a GP game that no one will be paying anything for.
“The majority won’t care” is top tier copium.

Both Microsoft and Sony plastered 4K/120 badges all over their top end product for marketing. As has been linked in this thread multiple times, Aaron Greenberg doubled down on 60fps as the standard output.

Stop making excuses for terrible developer decisions because the game will be on Game Pass. 30fps only from a (now) first party studio on the “most powerful console ever” is an absolute fucking joke In 2023.

FBeeEye

Banned
What hyperbole are you actually seeing?
Let's just say that the bulk of the snide comments are from people who were never going to play the game.

I have no interest in Redfall, so this doesn't bother me one way or another. But I always thought the high resolution vs framerate was always a personal preference that people respected. But all of a sudden (we know why), it's make or break for Redfall.

I would bet both my nuts that if the situation were reversed: "We're launching with a 1440p/60 FPS performance mode with a 4K/30 fps quality mode to be patched in later", it would be met with the same pearl-clutching from the concern troll peanut gallery.

Even the usual Xbox trolls on Youtube are pissed off about this because it doesn't help them with their specs list wars. But they're trolls, so intellectual honesty isn't their strong suit.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
But it's the truth. There are negative consequences to subscriptions services and when you change the overall goal, the main cash incentive, things change.
Hell I think GP is leading to some of these xbox devs leaving. I bet they don't get sales bonuses like they used to. If you hit people in the pocket book, shit happens.

I agree with you. I just hate that this is where Microsoft has decided to go with their gaming business. :(

kyoji

Since u just join this forum, i will throw you a bone rookie. its ok to have a 30fps mode if you have some really good tech and graphics going on but you should STILL offer a 60fps option. Redfall has none of this going for it.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Sorry to all the Green Rats not getting a 60fps version at launch. Along with the Denuvo news, it's a bit of a gut punch. I hope Arkane do well as I generally like their games, but hopefully it's the end of the bad pre launch press.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Riky

$MSFT
QxlH1Go.jpg

To be fair to greenberg, This was during the brief period where xbox series was the ‘worlds most powerful console’ right before something changed and it got rebranded to the ‘worlds most powerful xbox’. If you know you know.

They changed the branding when they announced the Series S so they could show the difference between the two. If you know, you know.

“The majority won’t care” is top tier copium.

Both Microsoft and Sony plastered 4K/120 badges all over their top end product for marketing. As has been linked in this thread multiple times, Aaron Greenberg doubled down on 60fps as the standard output.

Stop making excuses for terrible developer decisions because the game will be on Game Pass. 30fps only from a (now) first party studio on the “most powerful console ever” is an absolute fucking joke In 2023.
Nobody will care except for a few forum elites, and console warriors.
Since u just join this forum, i will throw you a bone rookie. its ok to have a 30fps mode if you have some really good tech and graphics going on but you should STILL offer a 60fps option. Redfall has none of this going for it.
It'll be added later on, just play something else if you don't like quality mode.

Fredrik

I know that it’s not close to 30 FPS but it was fine when I played it back then. At least it delivered some nice looking graphics, awesome gameplay, those gun reloads were something else. Lastly it had a good scenario. It packed a great multiplayer experience and more.
I’m a nostalgic too but if we’re honest many games from that era ran badly and it was only good enough because we didn’t know better and had few games that ran better to compare. Even the hyped up Halo was uneven 25fps on PAL Xbox, 10/10 everywhere but the stutter gave me motion sickness so bad that I skipped the IP for years.

And thats without working on a ps version.....
I dont care as i have a huge backlog and i never play games day one because of possible achievement issues.

I agree with you. I just hate that this is where Microsoft has decided to go with their gaming business. :(
Same. I wish they'd all just make AAA banger games and have 3rd parties do the indie/AA/mobile/live service crap.
I bought the $150 series S just to rent whatever game I want to play for a month. Until then, I don't even turn it on.

Last edited:
I mean ... I've never played an Arkane game. Maybe if I just can't wait, I'll play Deathloop this summer instead. Will probably just wait for this 60 fps patch then.

Rough.

Fake

No fucking way this FPS in 2023 will only run at 30 frame.

This game was like 6 years to make? WTF are they doing in all this time?

I start to believe there are a huge laundry money mafia in gaming dev. No way in fucking hell this is possible or acceptable.

There is a huge red flag here.

Last edited:

Zuzu

I think first person shooter games should be designed around 60fps minimum in this day and age. If it can’t hit 60fps comfortably then change the design and features of the game. 30fps in first person shooters is pretty much mandatory because of the perspective and camera movement. Even more so with OLED tvs these days where 30fps often looks awful.

kyoji

Nobody will care except for a few forum elites, and console warriors.

It'll be added later on, just play something else if you don't like quality mode.
Why do people got to wait? wasnt this game already delayed? or does this launching into gamepass give it a pass when these modes should be standard at this point? just sounds like more excuses, but if you like that then do you. Either way its embarrassing. but hey at least u didnt have to pay that 70$ for it!

Last edited:
The console warrior mask has slipped. Dial it back.
of course you didnt... because i bet you can't even "see" the difference.

C948QUx.jpg
So when did I say anything about 60 fps? We were talking about a mini boss fight. Also, it looked like it ran well on ign video (might be PC version). Just a bad player is all.

However, I know you are upset because you don’t have any multiplayer games to play. Just one and done.

This game will get a 60 fps mode and 0 fps mode on ps5 lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom