• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall is launching on Xbox consoles with Quality mode only (4K30FPS) - 60fps to be patched in at some future point

Fredrik

Microsoft first announced Xbox Series X (project anaconda) in June 2019… it’s now April 2023 and they can’t even push a first party game out the door that’s actually finished.
Don’t drag all devs into this, Playground Games is like a well-oiled machine, might not be the type of games everybody want but they’re pumping out 90+ Meta AAA quality games and expansions at a steady flow. Besides that I agree that the games output has been awful though. MS have 23 studios. How many has released something this generation? 5?

Roxkis_ii

I actually feel sorry for the devs. Imagine working for years on a game just for it to be rushed out the door in a barely working order (likely due to management), and then (rightfully) shit on by the internet.

Sure they can fix up the game in due time, but you never get another chance at first impressions. It's sad to see.

Why do people got to wait? wasnt this game already delayed? or does this launching into gamepass give it a pass when these modes should be standard at this point? just sounds like more excuses, but if you like that then do you. Either way its embarrassing. but hey at least u didnt have to pay that 70$ for it!
Why ask me? I'm not the biggest fan of this game or the developer. I just said that's the way I intend to play.

I actually feel sorry for the devs. Imagine working for years on a game just for it to be rushed out the door in a barely working order (likely due to management), and then (rightfully) shit on by the internet.

Sure they can fix up the game in due time, but you never get another chance at first impressions. It's sad to see.
MS is probably too lenient if anything. Seems like all the studios have ample time and funding.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
9 pages already?

giphy.gif

Riky

$MSFT
sure pretty riky. because they didnt know they were going to launch a series S beforehand....

They hadn't announced it, when they did they had new marketing for Series S about the sleekest smallest Xbox and the Series X became the fastest most powerful Xbox. It's that simple.

Ar¢tos

I don't get why it isn't 60fps, the game isn't that much of a looker. If Destiny 2 can do 60 fps in co-op, this one should be able too.

kyoji

They hadn't announced it, when they did they had new marketing for Series S about the sleekest smallest Xbox and the Series X became the fastest most powerful Xbox. It's that simple.
they had not annoucned it... does that mean they did not know they were making it?.... and thus couldnt have choose their PR marketing better? or are you implying that the Series S is more powerful than the playstation 5? which is it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fredrik

Yeah MS should get the most critique no doubt, they should be fully capable of seeing how bad this release strategy is. The game needs to be delayed. Releasing a shooter and have the 60fps mode come at a later unknown date makes no sense. What shooter fan is going to play it day 1 now? It’ll just ruin any chance of having a good first playthrough. PC version better be 100% perfect.

So when did I say anything about 60 fps? We were talking about a mini boss fight. Also, it looked like it ran well on ign video (might be PC version). Just a bad player is all.

However, I know you are upset because you don’t have any multiplayer games to play. Just one and done.

This game will get a 60 fps mode and 0 fps mode on ps5 lol
nah. i am having a little bit of fun at your expense.

that footage is indefensible not only at the gameplay but the actual game.

it is fun to see a fanboy like yourself try to gaslight the consensus that they are wrong.

So when did I say anything about 60 fps? We were talking about a mini boss fight. Also, it looked like it ran well on ign video (might be PC version). Just a bad player is all.

However, I know you are upset because you don’t have any multiplayer games to play. Just one and done.

This game will get a 60 fps mode and 0 fps mode on ps5 lol

Man, please tell me you're not a day older than 16 years old, you can't be, can you ?

nah. i am having a little bit of fun at your expense.

that footage is indefensible not only at the gameplay but the actual game.

it is fun to see a fanboy like yourself try to gaslight the consensus that they are wrong.
Why? It looks like fun with friends especially if you know what to do.

This game will probably end up being Arcane biggest game like SoT was for Rare.

Also, I can’t help noticed that you took that screenshot right after I posted it a few days ago.

That is some Tim dog Best Buy stalker shit.

Last edited:
Right as the backlash of the terrible IGN footage was dying down, Microsoft throws this bombshell to continue the hate train. Not to mention the game is getting released between Jedi and Zelda. All around incompetence by whoever is in charge of marketing. Delay the game to July or August

Last edited:

Stuart360

Lol MS just cant catch a break can they.

Having said that, i think poeple on here are kidding themselves if they think the majority of games are going to be 60fps intil the end of the gen.
I feel we will get a LOT of 30fps games once UE5 games start coming out in droves.

kyoji

Lol MS just cant catch a break can they.

Having said that, i think poeple on here are kidding themselves if they think the majority of games are going to be 60fps intil the end of the gen.
I feel we will get a LOT of 30fps games once UE5 games start coming out in droves.
maybe if you game only on xbox, please speak for yourself

Riky

$MSFT
they had not annoucned it... does that mean they did not know they were making it?.... and thus couldnt have choose their PR marketing better? or are you implying that the Series S is more powerful than the playstation 5? which is it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's really really simple, when they had one console announced the marketing was just about that machine, the world's most powerful console which at 12tflops it is. When they had two consoles announced they changed the marketing to differentiate between them, it couldn't get any simpler.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Rhis will look like shite on an Oled.

Guess I'm not playing in bed until its fixed...

Pc it is, exclusively until this is sorted.

Fredrik

they can't xD. MS already said that first will be Redfall, then Starfield. Delaying Redfall would show that MS are liars and b) Starfield would be delayed SECOND TIME (after already delaying it for half a year.
There is no scenario where releasing an unfinished game is more important than people calling them liars for missing the release date.

MS did this to themselves early on before these consoles were even released. They were chestbeating the shit out of it, and this is what you get...a shitty Halo game, Starfield 30fps and Redfall?

Man this is worrying. This is why people don't like MS to buy up everything because they mess up everything also. This is pure damage controlling and gives a look how future xbox games quality standard will be low compared to the competition, because GP subs don't care since they don't pay per game.

This will fuck up the gaming industry with this thought.
Oh so you’re a time traveler somehow you’ve been to the future and played starfeild already and know it’s a bad game? 😂 also infinite is not a shitty game it’s actually a good game that lacked launch content for sure but not a shitty game. No one cared about redfall it’s been pile on on everything shown for this game without no one even playing the damn game. If this was 60 it be no news there’s clearly people that have shitted on this game in other threads that are in here acting like this was the breaking point for them. So forgive me if I don’t believe the massive outrage. Clearly the game has this option on pc why is it not ready for consoles I have no idea but if it comes a month later as long as the games good I don’t see the issue. It’s not like it’s a pay to play service game.

Stuart360

Funny thing is my PC is a similar power level to XSX, and i bet i can get 60fps on my PC (and i'll show screens to prove it).
Sure that will probably be at 1080p, but would people really grumble about a 1080p/60 option on XSX?.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Oh so you’re a time traveler somehow you’ve been to the future and played starfeild already and know it’s a bad game? 😂 also infinite is not a shitty game it’s actually a good game that lacked launch content for sure but not a shitty game. No one cared about redfall it’s been pile on on everything shown for this game without no one even playing the damn game. If this was 60 it be no news there’s clearly people that have shitted on this game in other threads that are in here acting like this was the breaking point for them. So forgive me if I don’t believe the massive outrage. Clearly the game has this option on pc why is it not ready for consoles I have no idea but if it comes a month later as long as the games good I don’t see the issue. It’s not like it’s a pay to play service game.

Checks Username: R3claimer117

Dean Norris Reaction GIF by CBS

Top Bottom