• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

MMaRsu

Banned
Sorry, my bad. Just don't understand some people

Stating that the game isnt for those with short attention span isnt some sort of dig, its just the truth.

Stating that people who want a more GTA like experience where the game doesnt limit you as much, are expecting the wrong sort of game.

I've seen so many people say " yeah but riding horses is boring, the trips take too long' if thats the case, this game aint for ya.

Thats not a dig at anyone, just stating observations

scalman

but if PS4 pro is on supersampled mode into 1080p ... o found it loooks amazing for me . with amazing AA as all other games that supersampled from higher resolution.

Stuart360

Man that image quality on the 4k video, damn.
Think i'll goi 4k/30 to be honest. I doubt i can push 4k/60 on my PC, and i want some of that IQ yummyness.

Tygeezy

Man that image quality on the 4k video, damn.
Think i'll goi 4k/30 to be honest. I doubt i can push 4k/60 on my PC, and i want some of that IQ yummyness.
You have quite a few options. You can do 1800 p or 1440 p and since the game uses dx 12 you can do radeon image sharpening or nvida dlss to sharpen up the image.

I'll be using 1440 p so that I can get 120 hz and will use radeon image sharpening. 1440 p with image sharpening is pretty indistinguishable from 4k at my tv size (75 inch) and distance I sit (10 feet).

1440 p, 120 hz freesync + HDR goodness

Grinchy

Banned
I'm really glad I held off on this. It wasn't easy during the launch window, but now I feel very glad I've avoided this game before the proper versions are out.

Evilms

Banned
Consoles
1571607307-prox.png

PC
PC.png

Consoles
1571607313-prox2.png

PC
PC2.png

Consoles
1571607313-prox3.png

PC
PC3.png

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
Another comparison with Xbox One X

The things that are easily noticed even through a simple youtube video is that the PC version has more details on screen, higher grass density, better resolution, better textures, better IQ and especially a greater display distance.

Stuart360

DF analisys of the PC trailer, and talking about changes they can see and what to expect from the final version.

One thing about this video i want to say is that it has a ton of 4k footage of the OneX version, and this is the first time i have seen 4k footage of the OneX version at this detail level, and DAMN what a good looking game. Easily the best looking console game i have ever seen.

Last edited:

DF analisys of the PC trailer, and talking about changes they can see and what to expect from the final version.

One thing about this video i want to say is that it has a ton of 4k footage of the OneX version, and this is the first time i have seen 4k footage of the OneX version at this detail level, and DAMN what a good looking game. Easily the best looking console game i have ever seen.

Wow, that input latency is bad.

Stuart360

Wow, that input latency is bad.
It reminds me when i locked Dark Souls 3 to 30fps on PC when i played at 4k. Thankfully most 30fps games are not this bad. DF do make it sound that its as much to do with the way animations work, as it is with pure latency.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
since i beat the story on xbox1x, i'm gonna jump right into RDR Online which recently became awesome with the Frontiers Update

Skyr

since i beat the story on xbox1x, i'm gonna jump right into RDR Online which recently became awesome with the Frontiers Update
Talking about online. There better be strict free aim Lobby’s. I don’t want to compete against gamepad players with snap to the head aimbots.

MMaRsu

Banned
I assumed PC would be free aim standard right? o_O

Sadly there is an issue with my pc I dont know whats wrong with it :(

it just turns on and off within 1 sec doesnt go to post. then I take it off power for a few hrs and it just turns on and lets me keep it on all day playing games with no issue :/

Talking about online. There better be strict free aim Lobby’s. I don’t want to compete against gamepad players with snap to the head aimbots.
There are free-aim playlists now that cycle weekly. But I don't think Free Roam will ever be fragmented like GTAO was. However, Aim Assist has a limited range so it should be fine. Mouse players will always have the advantage at range.

Last edited:

Skyr

There are free-aim playlists now that cycle weekly. But I don't think Free Roam will ever be fragmented like GTAO was. However, Aim Assist has a limited range so it should be fine. Mouse players will always have the advantage at range.
Ye I saw that there are certain free aim modes on console now. But still no full free aim lobby’s which is a bummer. I enjoy free aim way more even with a gamepad. That’s the main reason I quickly quit online on console.

MiguelItUp

I'm really excited for those of you that haven't experienced RDR2 yet. I absolutely adored it, and can't remember a game that was emotionally impactful like it, pretty sure it was RDR.

The advice I can provide for your first play through is to be sure to be aware of the pacing. I can't recommend staying on the main quests enough, because there's a LOT to do in this game. Everyone's play style is different, but do take this into consideration.

When it comes to my play style I'm typically a hot pot of side quests and main quests, but it all depends on the pacing of the game itself. With RDR2 I found myself trying to do that, and there was SO much to do that at one point I lost the wind in my sails. So much so that I almost gave up on finishing the game, but I'm SO glad I didn't. I pushed through the slow part of the campaign I was at, which didn't take long, and it picked up almost IMMEDIATELY. I mean, it SOARED.

The music, the characters, the writing was just as emotionally impactful as the previous game if not more so. I thought God of War was my GOTY that year as it was incredible. But it didn't hit me emotionally like RDR2 at all. Nothing has like that in a long time.

Rivdoric

Neo Member
To all of you wishing to purchase a GPU for this game because they're overhyped as i am but still have a decent Graphic Card : DO NOT.
7nm GPU's are coming early 2020 and they will provide tremendous boost over old ones, not only because 14nm vs 7nm but also because AMD will be back in the GPU business like never before. (RX 5700 was just an early show).
So please, don't buy it, wait a few months !

Last edited:
Great Graphics, quite possibly the most boring game I have ever played, the controls were also awful. Literally forced my way through 20 hours of it, could not take it anymore.

Audiophile

Gold Member
I wonder if the next gen consoles will be getting it too; and if this will be the basis for that.

One thing I know for sure is the PS4 Pro was totally botched. It doesn't even appear to be checker-board despite the claims, it's just 1920*2160 with a horizontal upscale.

Tygeezy

To all of you wishing to purchase a GPU for this game because they're overhyped as i am but still have a decent Graphic Card : DO NOT.
7nm GPU's are coming early 2020 and they will provide tremendous boost over old ones, not only because 14nm vs 7nm but also because AMD will be back in the GPU business like never before. (RX 5700 was just an early show).
So please, don't buy it, wait a few months !
Yep, i'm holding out for cards that will have hdmi 2.1 and displayport 2.0 along with the die shrink. My Vega 56 is more than capable at the moment.

Last edited:

Pejo

I am so fucking excited for a mod that changes the wanted level dynamic to not punish you if nobody's around when you do a crime/kill someone/etc. They went really sim-like with this game in everything except that particular. This will really be the perfect cowboy experience afterwards. I'll finally get to live like a self-respecting outlaw, robbing stage coaches etc without worrying about tons of lawmen chasing me endlessly. It'd be even better if somebody could mod in reactions so that townfolk start to fear you the more shit you do.

But I'm getting ahead of myself a bit. I just want to do stuff without immediately being hounded.

I just realized there probably won’t be pre-load.

Rockstar just launched their uhhh launcher, and it probably can’t encrypt and decrypt pre-loaded files.

No way will they let customers pre-load un encrypted files.

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
Spoiler:
Maybe they can mod it so you can keep.. Hamish's hat (and other hats that R* refused to let us keep for no apparent reason); I'll never forgive R* for that!! :messenger_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:

Pimpbaa

but if PS4 pro is on supersampled mode into 1080p ... o found it loooks amazing for me . with amazing AA as all other games that supersampled from higher resolution.

I've rarely seen a forced super sampled game that looked good unless the game was running at 4k. Otherwise the system upscales to 4k and then downsamples to 1080p resulting in often a blurrier image. This game is a pretty good example of a game looking like shit with forced supersampling (MGSV is another). If rockstar added a mode that simply rendered to native 1440p and downsampled in game for 1080p displays, it would have looked massively better.

Top Bottom