• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

lukilladog

Why not buy it on Rockstar? The devs get more money and you still need to launch the game through their client regardless where you buy it

We need costumer reviews to hold them accountable, this was extremely helpul when Rockstar tried to block mods on GTAV.

And Rockstar is a greedy fuck, they have been taking millions of tax funds in UK that were meant to help Indie studios.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man I'm torn now if I want to start pricing out a new PC. I'm still running an old i7 2600k with a 970, so it's definitely been through its paces. This might be the game to push me into something new. I guess let's see how it performs first. If I can make solid 30 FPS at 1080p, I might just hold off until prices come down or new shit comes out in a few months.

amigastar

Man I'm torn now if I want to start pricing out a new PC. I'm still running an old i7 2600k with a 970, so it's definitely been through its paces. This might be the game to push me into something new. I guess let's see how it performs first. If I can make solid 30 FPS at 1080p, I might just hold off until prices come down or new shit comes out in a few months.
I'm on the same stats as you are and i think we will be just fine (for now). I know that the Life expectancy of an i7 2600k with a 970 will get lower in near future but 1080p with 30+ frames will be possible this time as long as you don't mindlessly crank EVERYTHING up to max.

Pagusas

Elden Member
60fps and no input lag is all I care about. the game requires it to be playable for me, just like GTAV before it. 60fps is such a huge upgrade over 30 that i'd be ecstatic to get Xbox One X visual quality at 60 with dynamic 4k.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
Can't wait to be Clint Eastwood driving the Delorean. Walking into bars and spawning in bears.

Reactions: 888

GymWolf

yeah i'm gonna wait for steam release, i don't really wanna give more money to rockstar after the disaster that was the ps4 pro version of this game (also i hate their release politics aimed at double dippers)

lukilladog

FTFY. Take 2 and Rockstar are as scummy as they come. They don't deserve your money. The actual creators won't see a penny of that 30% either way.

Yeah, another reason to wait would be to protest for Rockstar treating PC gamers as second class consumers that don´t deserve to play their games at the same time as console players. It should have a discount at least.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Yeah, another reason to wait would be to protest for Rockstar treating PC gamers as second class consumers that don´t deserve to play their games at the same time as console players. It should have a discount at least.

😂 a discount for what? Having the joy of playing the best looking and optimized version?

scalman

some day i will get pc versio nas well. its seems it will run fine on normal specs no need anything special for this game. just so i could run it on laptop where i want when i want .
this game is worth every penny full price ... is so big . and story dont need any 60fps here.

Last edited:

scalman

it dont need discount it will be best version of them all for pc . so why discount. enjoy if you never played it you will get best version i hope, so it will be great. even im excited and i played tons of it on ps4 pro.
its like only another good visual game that is adventure action from 3rd person , after AC Odysey, so pc owners have not su much to choose from if some people are only pc gamers.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I envy people who get to experience this masterpiece for the first time, period, but especially those with the rig to run this thing at the highest settings — it’s like going to be the best looking game anywhere on PC with the right hardware.

Tygeezy

Why not buy it on Rockstar? The devs get more money and you still need to launch the game through their client regardless where you buy it
That's what i'm going to do. You should be able to add this as a non steam game too which will be useful for steam controller and probably even dual shock 4 people.

scalman

yes best looking pc game, best looking 3rd person game. Ps4 pro owners have many stuff in between that looks amazing but pc guys i mean they have nothing. well division 2 looks good but thats like loot shooter. not same. this will blow mind of those who will try it first on pc. hopefully no bugs and such ... i meani coudlnt believes how good it looked on ps4 pro supersampled to 1080p it was like omg next gen level. it was not ps4 level but like next gen

lukilladog

it dont need discount it will be best version of them all for pc . so why discount. enjoy if you never played it you will get best version i hope, so it will be great. even im excited and i played tons of it on ps4 pro.
its like only another good visual game that is adventure action from 3rd person , after AC Odysey, so pc owners have not su much to choose from if some people are only pc gamers.

Not only mediocre or bad ports deserve discounts.

scalman

its cheaper on cdkeys and similar places to get digital version if you want get it cheaper... just 45 euros, even cheaper like 43 euros for better version

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
4746ebeed31a01148ec35266b53efae720190429162146.jpg

lukilladog

its cheaper on cdkeys and similar places to get digital version if you want get it cheaper... just 45 euros, even cheaper like 43 euros for better version

What I want is Rockstar to take the hit themselves, not other stores. Way to miss the point.

MMaRsu

Banned
For bringing the game so late, it doesn´t bother you?, do you play on PC?.

Nah I don't care, I bought a used xbox one to play it last year, cost me 200 euro's total but I sold the xbox and game for about 150 so I didnt lose much in the end :).

Now I will replay on my pc and keep it to play forever ^_^. I will gladly pay 60 again for such a quality title, mind you I bought GTA V three times total, once on ps3, then ps4 and then pc 😂. Fuck it man their games are one of a kind imo.

scalman

it was first day for me back then not thinking ... i knew it was so good and it was ven better then expected... i mean look at it .. and on pc i hope no stupid bugs will be there and good performance for people to enjoy

lukilladog

Nah I don't care, I bought a used xbox one to play it last year, cost me 200 euro's total but I sold the xbox and game for about 150 so I didnt lose much in the end :).

Now I will replay on my pc and keep it to play forever ^_^. I will gladly pay 60 again for such a quality title, mind you I bought GTA V three times total, once on ps3, then ps4 and then pc 😂. Fuck it man their games are one of a kind imo.

You are the reason Rockstar keeps pulling this shit.

makaveli60

I will get flamed to hell for this comment but it looks so so weird in 60FPS (just like 99 % of games). I'm glad it was only 30 on consoles.

Neither will anyone who works for Valve.

This idea that I’m supposed to wait a month to play a game I’ve been waiting for, just to help Gabe Newell get richer, is seriously laughable.
Mischaracterisation and a half. No. I'm not saying that you should do it to make Gaben richer...but to make Strauss Zelnick poorer.
Also...the individuals at Valve may not see it, but unlike Take 2 and Rockstar, who will just direct debit it straight into Strauss Zelnick's already fat bonus, Valve will likely pump that back into the business. You're not making Gaben richer, you're helping to keep the only storefront worth a damn (aside from GOG) going and doing your bit to stop the "cable-isation" of the games industry.

But hey...whatever, you do you.

Siri

Banned
Mischaracterisation and a half. No. I'm not saying that you should do it to make Gaben richer...but to make Strauss Zelnick poorer.
Also...the individuals at Valve may not see it, but unlike Take 2 and Rockstar, who will just direct debit it straight into Strauss Zelnick's already fat bonus, Valve will likely pump that back into the business. You're not making Gaben richer, you're helping to keep the only storefront worth a damn (aside from GOG) going and doing your bit to stop the "cable-isation" of the games industry.

But hey...whatever, you do you.

My feelings about Steam echo yours about Rockstar.

Actually, my feelings about Steam are probably harsher than yours are about Rockstar. As far as I’m concerned Steam is bad for consumers and developers alike. I just want this company to be dismantled.

So obviously the idea that I would want to wait a month for the ‘privilege’ of buying a game from Steam is ludicrous.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably wait for the Steam versions unless the Rockstar version is like 20% off or something on GMG before December.

Coflash

I bought an XB1X for this. Played it for maybe 2hrs before realising it was worth waiting for the PC version. That trailer is exactly why it was worth waiting ^_^

No crazy frame drops, you can aim without chopsticks and the fidelity is going to be crisp.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Fuck got this as a x Mas present last year, and have barely touched it.

I ain't double dipping though, but I wish I had the game on the best platform. The image quality and the fps difference is just night and day

MDSLKTR

Anybody doing a first person only playtrough? Unlike gta5 this one been made with an fps view in mind from the beginning. So you lose so much up close detail in third person it's crazy.

Goff2k

Anybody doing a first person only playtrough? Unlike gta5 this one been made with an fps view in mind from the beginning. So you lose so much up close detail in third person it's crazy.

I am...played the PS4 version through 3rd person. Seems appropriate to play it first person on PC with the M&K.

Top Bottom