• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption rated in Korea

bender

What time is it?

gematsu said:
The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea published a new rating for Red Dead Redemption on June 15.

The new rating carries the classification number “CC-NV-230615-001.” In Korean game ratings, “NV” refers to console games, while “NP” refers to PC games. (Though a console rating does not exclude the existence of a PC version, and vice-versa.)

Red Dead Redemption first launched for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on May 18, 2010. A PC port or remastered version for newer platforms were never released.

Ratings for the original (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360), Undead Nightmare Collection (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360), and GOTY Edition (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) versions of of Red Dead Redemption already existed in Korea prior to the new rating.

Developer Rockstar Games has not announced a remastered version of Red Dead Redemption, but this rating could indicate that one is planned.

Please be excited. Please don't be Grove Street Games latest project.

Last edited:

HL3.exe

Kinda crazy if true on PC. It's been 13 years since the original release.
3lYi.gif

Last edited:

fatmarco

It's already in a very good state on Xbox. Would be nice if it was redone in the RDR2 engine, though with the more snappier gameplay of the original.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I played it last year and couldn’t get into it. Lots of boring horse travel. The writing & characters were fun; if I played it back in 2010 probably would have enjoyed it. Vice City & San Andreas hold up way better imo. Happy for the fans its gettin ported.

Saber

Gold Member
Would be very excited.
Problem is who they would use to make the port. Last cases with GTA port were ridiculously bad, so I'm assuming they would be going for the cheapass route.

Remake would be incredible using the new engine but I would be completely happy with just a remaster, one of the greatest games ever made.

The last time South Korea ratings got leaked, GTA trilogy came out a month later. I just hope Grove Street games isn’t handling this one.

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
I hope for this to be true, the Red Dead Redemtions games arw special to me, not only do I love the setting, characters, story and atmosphere they released at quite important times in my life so there linked in that way aswell.
I know it can be played at 4k on Xbox but 60fps would even be good, but a full remake on the RDR2 engine would be amazing.
After that 60fps on RDR2 and at least remaster GTA4 if we cant get a remake.

Meicyn

Gold Member
This screams remake on a post-RDR2 build of the RAGE Engine.

Dude, my dream is a release simply titled ”Red Dead Redemption“ which is both games on the RDR2 engine, and you play through Arthur’s story as before, but then instead of the game ending during the epilogue, the game just continues into John’s story seamlessly as you replay the original story reimagined.

And while I’m dreaming, Red Dead Online gets another chance with a 2.0 revamp.

dotnotbot

Remake would be incredible using the new engine but I would be completely happy with just a remaster, one of the greatest games ever made.

The last time South Korea ratings got leaked, GTA trilogy came out a month later. I just hope Grove Street games isn’t handling this one.

It's made on Rockstar's RAGE and apparently code was a mess, IMO there's no way Grove Street would be able to handle it, it's highely likely this is developed in-house.

Last edited:
Top Bottom