• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

thelastword

Banned
Looks great on PC......

So I guess all the improvements we saw in GTA5 on PC, but this will look much better since it's based on a more recent game with many graphical features enhanced over GTA5...…..Better draw distance, foliage, lighting, textures and perhaps effects...…..Of course at 60fps, it should be much better to play too......I'll give it a whirl on PC, since I never bought it on PS4 PRO, due to the botched checkerboarded implementation.....I'll wait for the steam version though...….

scalman

FelineNippyHammerheadbird-max-1mb.gif

This game su much fun i think we forgot how good it is , now as i think of it i want play it again

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I may double dip.

It looks amazing on the XB1X, but to get it at 60 fps is something that I really want.

I never played San Andreas either so they keep on sweetening the pot.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I hate that they get away with this. With this secrecy and baiting people into double dipping.
Do not preorder. Their pc ports are always terrible. Gta 5 msaa is still broken on dx11 and performance still leaves a lot to be desired.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I hate that they get away with this. With this secrecy and baiting people into double dipping.
Do not preorder. Their pc ports are always terrible. Gta 5 msaa is still broken on dx11 and performance still leaves a lot to be desired.
That is such a low percentage of people who will double dip, the mind boggles. You're talking about people who effectively have around 2k of disposable income to want to double dip.

Last edited:
This game is the best looking this generation no question! It looked amazing on the X and my god the PC + mods, This shit already looks like real life!

This game was the reason I bought my OneX.

Last edited:
GTA V was a great port. MSAA always sucks on DX11 (deferred rendering) but thankfully we have TAA now instead which is a superior solution when you combine it with a high resolution.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
This is really crazy, the difference between the PC and consoles version are really big, despite the video on youtube is obviously compressed.

Rivdoric

Neo Member
I am really torn between buying it right now on Rockstar Launcher, cause i was waiting for a Red Dead Redemption game on PC for like 10 years or so (can't remember how many times i sighed wishing to wander on beautiful Armadillo in Glorious PC) ; or join the fellows who won't to protest against Rockstar politic that sees PC Players as a second-hand community.

scalman

Forget that youtube bs watch it on gamersyde with raw quality
But talk about how pc looks better from trailer. Ok then those previoue game trailers where console trailers. Just look at those 3 trailers that where for game release.

So thats console quality then. It looks just mindblowing si then this new trailer doesnt look so much better
I think we kinda forget how game looks on ps4 allready. How amazing it looks.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
GTA V was a great port. MSAA always sucks on DX11 (deferred rendering) but thankfully we have TAA now instead which is a superior solution when you combine it with a high resolution.
Taa in gta v sucks ass and don't work on dx11. You must enable msaa which dont work to enable broken Taa... I have a 4k monitor and even at 2160p, the game looks like shit but on dx10.1 it's much better but then there is no grass and dof. With dx10.1 I get 50-60fps at 4k with rtx 2070... in 2019. That is unacceptable performance imo.
FelineNippyHammerheadbird-max-1mb.gif

This game su much fun i think we forgot how good it is , now as i think of it i want play it again
There is SO MUCH going against fun in this game.
Mission design is terribly restricting. You cannot move an inch from the path, more so than in previous games. Through the whole game, the controls and interactivity with the world is strictly shown by prompts. The game would be impossible to play without prompt and radar.
The running around and exploration by itself is fun but I hate tapping x and the fact that there is no quick save and You always have to run for minutes after dying even when fooling around is quite a fun breaker.
I love the game but I also hate it. It was great 50 hours on ps4 but I dread playing it again

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Taa in gta v sucks ass and don't work on dx11. You must enable msaa which dont work to enable broken Taa... I have a 4k monitor and even at 2160p, the game looks like shit but on dx10.1 it's much better but then there is no grass and dof. With dx10.1 I get 50-60fps at 4k with rtx 2070... in 2019. That is unacceptable performance imo.

There is SO MUCH going against fun in this game.
Mission design is terribly restricting. You cannot move an inch from the path, more so than in previous games. Through the whole game, the controls and interactivity with the world is strictly shown by prompts. The game would be impossible to play without prompt and radar.
The running around and exploration by itself is fun but I hate tapping x and the fact that there is no quick save and You always have to run for minutes after dying even when fooling around is quite a fun breaker.
I love the game but I also hate it. It was great 50 hours on ps4 but I dread playing it again

Actually, you played it wrong.

Its not a sandbox game, its a western story thats just played in a open world enviroment.

Just like Mafia 2 isnt a sandbox game, but a lineair story played in an open world.

The only thing going against fun are your own expectations of a slow plodding western title letting you play it like GTA.

You dont to tap X for anything, you should have changed the controls to "Standard FPS" where you can click in the stick to run (once).

If you cant remember the controls at a certain point thats not on the game. Plenty of people played without HUD because with one tap of a button you can make the radar pop up.

MMaRsu

Banned
For you it is sure, luckily you don’t speak for me.

What do you mean, for me? The game is what it is.

Its inspired by slow moving Western movies.

It's not supposed to be played as GTA V in 1930's

You cant claim Once Upon A Time In The West was an action movie, because it isn't. It's the same for everyone. Some people will be bored because it lingers so long with it's shots. Other people will be enthralled.

People with short attention span will not like this game. But people need to understand it's not the games fault, it's their own.

MadYarpen

Of fuck, it is in my backlog an I was about to buy PS4 version to finaly play it. On PS4 Amateur.

Now considering I'll be doing an upgrade for cyberpunk from RX580 to some Navi card or RTX one, I am starting to think I'll keep it in my back log for some time and play it then. What do you guys think? Because these screens look riddiculously good.

GTA V doesn't have TAA, not the one I'm talking about anyway. I meant that games are moving away from MSAA and are now using TAA (like RDR 2)

MMaRsu

Banned
LOL, WUT?

Are you really sure about that?

Yes, I'm very sure about that. The rigid structure and no possibility for player choice in missions makes this very clear. The story mode is not a sandbox.

It's an open world with open world trappings, but imthat is different from a sandbox

Digity

What do you mean, for me? The game is what it is.

Its inspired by slow moving Western movies.

It's not supposed to be played as GTA V in 1930's

You cant claim Once Upon A Time In The West was an action movie, because it isn't. It's the same for everyone. Some people will be bored because it lingers so long with it's shots. Other people will be enthralled.

People with short attention span will not like this game. But people need to understand it's not the games fault, it's their own.
Jesus dude. I started off saying this game isn't enjoyable, you said it is for you. So I replied with "For you it is sure, luckily you don’t speak for me.” I don’t give a fuck about gta v and western movies, has nothing to do with how I play this game. It simply isn’t fun. Being slow has nothing to do with that. Now please tell me how I played it wrong again so I can ignore you lol.

pawel86ck

Banned
PC version looks similar compared to xbox x version, so I cant believe game size on PC will increase to 150GB. With my internet speed I would have to DL it for 2 days :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying:, but I hope it means they have used 4K textures that will look much sharper compared to console version.

I do remember problems in GTA 5 with MSAA on my old 680 GTX, because for some strange reason grass was transparent, however the last time I have played GTA 5 on 1080ti grass looked like it should with MSAA, and in fact game looked the best with it, because picture was sharp and without shimmering during motion unlike FXAA. There was performance hit with MSAA, but still game run good enough with 1440p+ MSAAx2, or 1080p + MSAAx4. The real performance killer was extented distance scalling at max, and ultra grass (although it looked great because at ultra grass had self shadows)

MMaRsu

Banned
Jesus dude. I started off saying this game isn't enjoyable, you said it is for you. So I replied with "For you it is sure, luckily you don’t speak for me.” I don’t give a fuck about gta v and western movies, has nothing to do with how I play this game. It simply isn’t fun. Being slow has nothing to do with that. Now please tell me how I played it wrong again so I can ignore you lol.

Ok so if it has nothing to do with it being slow, why did you dislike it?

Im not saying you have to like it at all.

MMaRsu

Banned

Also why are you talking to me? I never quoted you at all, I responded to rofif when I said ur playing it wrong.

Digity

Also why are you talking to me? I never quoted you at all, I responded to rofif when I said ur playing it wrong.
Are you retarded? That isn’t you quoting me? I only started quoting you cause you started with me. Also you implying I play it like gta v, a game I don’t even like, is you telling me I’m playing it wrong, as if there is a right way to play it anyways.
hOikaqT.jpg

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Are you retarded? That isn’t you quoting me? I only started quoting you cause you started with me. Also you implying I play it like gta v, a game I don’t even like, is you telling me I’m playing it wrong, as if there is a right way to play it anyways.
hOikaqT.jpg

Ah ur right, it was on the previous page.

But can you elaborate why you did not find the game enjoyable or do you want to continue calling me retard and whatnot.

sendit

You’re in this thread to tell everyone that a game that Is averaging ~90% on metacritic that it isn’t fun?

I would say you’re in the minority with your opinion.:messenger_sad_relieved:

Last edited:

Digity

You’re in this thread to tell everyone that a game that Is averaging ~90% on metacritic that it isn’t fun?

I would say you’re in the minority with your opinion.:messenger_sad_relieved:
Oh no! How will I live with myself being the minority, oh the horror.

If you guys want bitch and whine about how RDR2 killed your parents and ate your children you can make a separate thread.

Or you could just....you know......move on.

MMaRsu

Banned
Can I help you? I’m at work, I’m in no rush to respond to your question nor do I plan on doing so.

Jesus christ what a fucking dickhead you are. Calling others retard, and then when I ask why you did not enjoy the game refuse to answer. Well fuck you too then you dumb clown cunt.

Digity

Jesus christ what a fucking dickhead you are. Calling others retard, and then when I ask why you did not enjoy the game refuse to answer. Well fuck you too then you dumb clown cunt.
Yep because you telling people they played the game wrong and saying anyone who doesn’t enjoy it has a short attention span is totally a nice thing to say right? Lol fuck outta here.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
holy crap and i thought the game looked good on PS4?!

god dammit rockstar...you got my money again.

I'll say it again. That extra story content for single player better available for us console players.
hahaha. probably not.

if it ever does come to consoles it'll be about 6-12 months later. so have fun waiting?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Not sure I'll ever understand the mindset of going into a thread about a game you don't care about just to say you think the game sucked. Why even bother commenting? :pie_thinking:

At least provide something constructive in a thread about a game that you apparently don't care for, haha.

Y'all silly.

Last edited:

Siri

Banned
You guys above need to cool it with that name calling crap - especially with your foul language. Take your petty bickering into private chat.

The moderation at this forum is wonderfully loose at the moment - we’re being allowed to exchange IDEAS about our hobby without being censored. That is NOT happening at that other putrid little forum, which is filtering people out like crazy through moderation.

Don’t ruin it for the rest of us. There’s no place here for crap posting like that.

Top Bottom