• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

Bullet Club

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC brings the epic story of Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang to life in breathtaking new ways – with no shortage of dazzling technical enhancements that deliver deeper immersion. These include increased draw distances, improved shadows and lighting, new grass and fur textures, and much more – complemented by a host of exciting new content additions for the game’s Story Mode.

Watch the new trailer above to see Red Dead Redemption 2 in stunning 4K/60 frames per second and see how packed full of new details and greater fidelity every corner of this vast open world is. From the claw marks of a passing bear at the base of a tree in Big Valley and the individual spines on a cactus in New Austin, to a train passing on a far horizon and embers sparkling in the New Hanover night sky.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available for PC on November 5th. Pre-purchase the game exclusively via the Rockstar Games Launcher by October 22nd to receive two free classic Rockstar Games PC titles along with additional pre-purchase incentives including bonuses for Story Mode and 50 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online.

Pre-Purchase now via the Rockstar Launcher: http://rsg.ms/ba8f8b2
PC Release Info: http://rsg.ms/f2e2fac

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

5sp4mhrq63s11.jpg

Hinedorf

Banned
I consider RDR2 my all time favorite game and that being said will probably skip it on PC altogether.

I've put around 100 hours into the single player and 100 hours into Online. Bottom line you will reach a point with Online where there's very little content and it's very fucking boring because I call it my favorite game and can still recognize that the content is very limited.

The Main single player story is one of the finest gaming story/experiences to ever complete but Online is basically that single player story without all of it's charm and the world will feel very boring and empty pretty quickly once the newness wears off.

The changes already made to RDO are fundamentally wrong to me. This is not an FPS game, I'm not looking to have to try my hardest to aim which is why the lock on mechanic is FANTASTIC WITH A CONTROLLER. People need to recognize that controls in this game is a SERIOUS PROBLEM, and as such auto aim was designed to simplify a very clunky system. I neither want to play this game in FPS mode nor require the level of precision required to compete as if this was a first person shooter.

With the lock on mechanic online battles were fun and rewarding for any and all players. Then they modified the system requiring you to be more controlled with your aim on player characters. This is great if have significant experience with console fps games which to me is a nonstarter.

PC is only going to make a really clunky control system be more abused by people not wanting to play the game as it's meant to play.

I fucking love this game, but Red Dead Online is a soulless fuckfest I'd rather it never existed and would happily pay for DLC in the single player experience

lefty1117

Gold Member
It's clearly better looking to me, crisper and smoother. This is one of those games for me. Already ordered it on the Rockstar Launcher despite beating it on XB1 last year.

I like using kb/m on the Rockstar games because the freedom to just look around the world and enjoy all the detail is much better with a mouse. I'm sure the control scheme will feel a bit clunky but I'll adjust.

scalman

did devs said theres gonna be mods ? maybe not
but yes we need to get rid of those witnesses, so we can feel free at last in wild wild west and beat someones face if we feel like it
4uwpAKG.gif

Last edited:

A.Romero

Looks amazing.

I'm glad I didn't play all through it on PS4. It's probably going to be my last game purchase of this year coming December (fuck EGS).

Tygeezy

I consider RDR2 my all time favorite game and that being said will probably skip it on PC altogether.

I've put around 100 hours into the single player and 100 hours into Online. Bottom line you will reach a point with Online where there's very little content and it's very fucking boring because I call it my favorite game and can still recognize that the content is very limited.

The Main single player story is one of the finest gaming story/experiences to ever complete but Online is basically that single player story without all of it's charm and the world will feel very boring and empty pretty quickly once the newness wears off.

The changes already made to RDO are fundamentally wrong to me. This is not an FPS game, I'm not looking to have to try my hardest to aim which is why the lock on mechanic is FANTASTIC WITH A CONTROLLER. People need to recognize that controls in this game is a SERIOUS PROBLEM, and as such auto aim was designed to simplify a very clunky system. I neither want to play this game in FPS mode nor require the level of precision required to compete as if this was a first person shooter.

With the lock on mechanic online battles were fun and rewarding for any and all players. Then they modified the system requiring you to be more controlled with your aim on player characters. This is great if have significant experience with console fps games which to me is a nonstarter.

PC is only going to make a really clunky control system be more abused by people not wanting to play the game as it's meant to play.

I fucking love this game, but Red Dead Online is a soulless fuckfest I'd rather it never existed and would happily pay for DLC in the single player experience
They could solve precision issues by embracing gyroscope. Shooting games on console will always be clunky if we only ever get the right stick to aim. Lock on mechanics is just terrible and perfectly highlight how terrible modern gamepads are for precision aim.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I don't think there's a point in making comparisons on something that's not even completely out yet. Personally I'd wait on investing a lot of time into that.

Probably best to assume the "enhancement" aspect will be on par if not slightly above what we saw with GTA V on PC.

I say slightly above because of RDR2 being a newer R* game, prettier (IMO) environments, etc.

That being said, it's safe to say it's not just going to be "the same" as the console version. Obviously there will be visual improvements.

Last edited:
I don't think there's a point in making comparisons on something that's not even completely out yet. Personally I'd wait on investing a lot of time into that.

Probably best to assume the "enhancement" aspect will be on par if not slightly above what we saw with GTA V on PC.

I say slightly above because of RDR2 being a newer R* game, prettier (IMO) environments, etc.
There's nothing wrong with comparisons, as you can see above with what I'm doing someone just needs to do them correctly. Everything else so far has been baity shit posts.

scalman

so screenshot taken from console after you kill bear is not correct ? its not fake so
maybe black bear is more fluffy though
bear-locations-red-dead-redemption-2_feature.jpg

ok i agree brown was ok fur as well ..untill it was alive at least
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

sertopico

Looks like they clearly improved the level of detail on distant models, mountains for instance look more detailed, judging from the latest screenshots. I think they've also improved shadow quality and volumetric lighting quality.

edit: actually no, I see more details on the console version lol!

Last edited:

GymWolf

Nobody is gonna run this thing at 4k60 frame ultra details...

The iq is so much better than consoles that is not even funny.

Last edited:
Nobody is gonna run this thing at 4k60 frame ultra details...

The iq is so much better than consoles that is not even funny.
But it's not...

It's not really all that different, aside from some minute texture details here and there it looks virtually identical.

48914421566_2df7123582_o.png

What in the hell kind of comparison is that? Did you go out of your way to find the worst possible example?

48914398441_f2e888b793_o.png

PC
PC.png

PS4 Pro
Red-Dead-Redemption-2-20181119153320.png

PC
2-Copie.png

PS4 Pro
PS4-Pro.png
Why would you use the Pro as the basis for doing comparisons? It has the worst IQ of any platform.

Evilms

Banned
But it's not...

Why would you use the Pro as the basis for doing comparisons? It has the worst IQ of any platform.
Because I don't have the game on X, so I compare it on a console with what I have to get an idea, and even the X version, as beautiful as it is, remains lower than what we see there on PC.

differencepijuk.png

I mean here... Left is PC and right console... The image is muuuuch crisper though.

And above all the grass density in the background is higher on PC and that despite the rotten compression of youtube.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Why not? Reccommended specs are very low.

GTA V is insanely optimized on pc
Never trusted reccomended specs, also do we know for what they stand? Full-hd 30 frame ultra details? 60 frame high details? 4k 3p frames?

They say reccomended but in most of the case they are bullshit or you don't even know what reccomends mean...

Also i'm a pessimistic guy...but i never played gta5 on pc, i was alteady bored to death on ps3.

Last edited:
so screenshot taken from console after you kill bear is not correct ? its not fake so
maybe black bear is more fluffy though
bear-locations-red-dead-redemption-2_feature.jpg

ok i agree brown was ok fur as well ..untill it was alive at least
hqdefault.jpg
No, the issue is the platform of capture. Feasibly the only system that should be doing comparisons with the PC is the Xbox One X. I'd also say the PS4 Pro but R* totally botched the checkerboard rendering so it ends up with pretty poor IQ as well.

Top Bottom