• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 Beta Thread: Get Back To Your Roots

skelekey

Will we still have a chance to achieve level 313 after the game has released? I'm at 280 and I don't see myself making it.

SiDCrAzY

You can go back to GW1 and try and get the unicorn chomper by ranking up to 313, however you have until 2017 to do so.

There is no alternative way to get that character otherwise.

Will we still have a chance to achieve level 313 after the game has released? I'm at 280 and I don't see myself making it.

So is the Unicorn Chomper exclusive to the previous save bonus? Seems like a fun way to play the character.

The above response should answer both of your questions skelekey and Berordn. :)

VariantX

Here is your rank rewards in GW2 for playing GW1.

Dat 313 prize.

CZQXQnEUsAATu84.jpg

Welp. I actually have to get back into GW1 then. I didn't even know ranks could get into the 300's I just played it for 10-15 hours and dropped it tbh.

MrBlonde

Does anybody know 100% if I played GW1 on 360, will I get loyalty awards on the Xbox One?
Darn I think I'm only a 50, didn't really care about ranking up but I'll see what I can do the next month to at least hit 100 but I doubt it will happen, won't play enough I'm sure

Safe Bet

Banned
Got in ~4 hours of playtime yesterday and only managed to go from lvl 27 to 30.

:/

Think I'm going to lower our expectations to lvl 50.

;)

Got in ~4 hours of playtime yesterday and only managed to go from lvl 27 to 30.

:/

Think I'm going to lower our expectations to lvl 50.

;)

You can do a lot better than that. Use skip stars to complete any challenges that are difficult and only spend money on the 10,000 gold packs. You can get 5+ challenges completed per game that way, increasing in level every 2-3 matches. It's crucial that you skip the hard challenges though and maximise the number of skip stars you have by buying the right packs.

BKSmash

I played 5h of it this morning (because of the rewards for the upcoming game). God damn I've missed this game, and I'm really good at it too. Out of the latest 40 Team Vanquish games I've played this morning, my team have won more than 30 of them and I always end up in the top with some of the five ¨emblems¨. Amazing game, I can't wait for the second one to come out next month!

I'm level 56 at the moment. If levelling worked like it did in the beta, I'd probably go for it. I'm just going to unlock the remaining character variants (level 10 with each character) instead.

Though saying that, level 10 with each character does take me pretty close :p

hydruxo

Yeah 100 isn't happening, I'm a 53 and don't feel like grinding. At least u get one character pack for being at 50

I'm 10 right now (only started playing last week after the GW2 beta) so I'll prob try and aim for 50 before GW2 comes out. I'm gonna get as many skip stars as I can to level up quick.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm happy being 50+, never really used any of the customisation stuff

Is the unicorn chomper able to be unlocked in the game or is it being kept as special bonus only?

vypek

It's a special bonus only unfortunately.

I'm starting to get a bit bored of the game. I think I'm just going to take a break until I get GW2.

The reason I didn't go back besides being barely past level 50 is that I didn't want to get burned out before GW2. A break is probably a good idea

The levelling format was rough in the first game I'm glad they changed it in the second, half the time you were stuck with horrible challenges that needed rarely obtained skip star challenge cards =(

I might make lvl 100 but 313 would just be impossible

The levelling format was rough in the first game I'm glad they changed it in the second, half the time you were stuck with horrible challenges that needed rarely obtained skip star challenge cards =(

I might make lvl 100 but 313 would just be impossible

Yeah it was complete garbage. Especially challenges like kill class while <20 hp. Who thought that shit up?

I had completely forgotten about the challenges coming back to the game. Thought I was just going to grind out to 313 on PS4. Yeah.... never happening before release. Need too many skip stars.

Just tuned into the stream and apparently they just announced that they're removing reloading.

I think?

They are removing Super Brain punching reload for his main attack. Yup

Edit: They also said they are buffing ALL Kernel Corn class main attack as well as slowing down every ones movement speed EXCEPT Super Brainz, Chomper, Sunflower and I forget who else...

jesu

Played the first one for the first time in a while and had 140,00 coins for some reason.
I never saved them up so...

Anyway, few games of Gardens and Graveyards and I had enough to unlock 4 new characters :)

Berordn

Played the first one for the first time in a while and had 140,00 coins for some reason.
I never saved them up so...

Anyway, few games of Gardens and Graveyards and I had enough to unlock 4 new characters :)

I think they gave a whole bunch out for various holidays regardless of if you logged in or not. I had a Christmas pack waiting for me and about 40k coins despite not playing in months.

goddamn at them buffing rose
I could wreck as her as she was, shes gonna be brutal now

Oh god. I felt absolutely unkillable as the Rose already. I think they might have made a mistake, based on people not really knowing how to play the character.

I many some games where I earned 40-60 kills and 0-5 deaths with the Rose. Her damage was decent but more importantly she had two tools to get out of a bad situation, immediately. (goat transformation and the invincibility thing), so unless you were playing her badly, she was an absolute monster.

A lot of people in the beta were using her badly. I saw them regularly using the invincible Rose form to traverse back into the battlefield. No wonder they were dying quickly.

Oh god. I felt absolutely unkillable as the Rose already. I think they might have made a mistake, based on people not really knowing how to play the character.

I many some games where I earned 40-60 kills and 0-5 deaths with the Rose. Her damage was decent but more importantly she had two tools to get out of a bad situation, immediately. (goat transformation and the invincibility thing), so unless you were playing her badly, she was an absolute monster.

A lot of people in the beta were using her badly. I saw them regularly using the invincible Rose form to traverse back into the battlefield. No wonder they were dying quickly.

I completely agree 100%. The last thing that I thought they were going to do to her was increase her damage. In fact I expected a nerf to her damage in the main variant. Everyone was bitching and moaning about The Imp yet Rose was almost as OP. People just had time to react to her engaging you where as the Imp you are dead before you can spot the little fucker. She was an absolute MONSTER. I completely dominated using her two varieties.

I can agree with the rest of the changes they announced. I did some testing with Citron's beam during the Beta and as long as you just stopped it for less than a second before it "overheated" it would reset it immediately once you started again. Will be interesting to see if that is still possible because it would make the "overheat" change a non-issue.

Looking forward to the rest of the changes. Something to the Imp better be forthcoming. I just want a smaller radius on the Impkata. That thing would hit you from pretty freaking far away. I always saw it as a close quarters thing to be used in tandem with the gravity bomb.

hydruxo

I completely agree 100%. The last thing that I thought they were going to do to her was increase her damage. In fact I expected a nerf to her damage in the main variant. Everyone was bitching and moaning about The Imp yet Rose was almost as OP. People just had time to react to her engaging you where as the Imp you are dead before you can spot the little fucker. She was an absolute MONSTER. I completely dominated using her two varieties.

I can agree with the rest of the changes they announced. I did some testing with Citron's beam during the Beta and as long as you just stopped it for less than a second before it "overheated" it would reset it immediately once you started again. Will be interesting to see if that is still possible because it would make the "overheat" change a non-issue.

Looking forward to the rest of the changes. Something to the Imp better be forthcoming. I just want a smaller radius on the Impkata. That thing would hit you from pretty freaking far away. I always saw it as a close quarters thing to be used in tandem with the gravity bomb.

Yeah they mentioned on the stream the other day that Impkata is getting a nerf, they didn't go into much detail yet though.

Rose is going to be the next OP character I think judging by these buffs. They're going to have to scale her back.

Kas

I'm 10 right now (only started playing last week after the GW2 beta) so I'll prob try and aim for 50 before GW2 comes out. I'm gonna get as many skip stars as I can to level up quick.
That's my plan. Go for the Incredi-plant packs, and it's pretty much guaranteed every other pack or so

Top Bottom