• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 Beta Thread: Get Back To Your Roots

0BcmkT5.jpg

Because having the title as 'the sequel to the best new shooter this generation' is a mouthful and slightly pretentious...maybe.

Beta unlock times and links

. @PlantsvsZombies Garden Warfare 2 estimated beta start times PS4 Europe - 8am PST
PS4 NA - 4pm PST
MS Europe - 10am PST
MS NA - 12pm PST

(Thanks Planet)

https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-O...yer-Beta/c3a75d90-ca8a-42f4-a7c2-3ef17eee16f1

UK PS4 Store

EU PS4 Store

How do I get into the beta?

The beta is free, and open to all on the XB1 and PS4. You just need to go to storefront on the console once the beta is live and download it.
I shall update it this section once it goes live for each platform.

Why is the beta not available on the PC?

Popcap was unable to hide all the secret files in the game from the beta, and thus the PC had to suffer.

How big is the beta?

17 Gbs

When does the beta start?

According to PopCap the beta starts at 6pm PST, which isnt good for Europeans at all.

How long does the beta last for?

The beta is up until the 18th.

Does the full retail game really cost $60?

Shut up Ody

Here's some gameplay to oogle whilst you await your download.

Brand new gameplay and impressions dropped for the upcoming BETA

Herbal Assault on Moon Base Z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9HUcO745yU

Backyard Battleground
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRM1VDslzs0

Suburbination/Vampire Flower gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSqnBnSrv2A

Gardens and Graveyards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1d9R7t6oqo

Some cosmic brainz gameplay

WHAT'S IN THE BETA

There is a ton of fun waiting for you in the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 public access multiplayer beta, and every day will bring something new! Here's what you'll find when you get in-game:

Select access to Backyard Battleground (the hub world/menu in GW2)

Backyard Battleground is an interactive environment that connects you to every map and mode, and brings to life more ways to experience the Plants vs. Zombies universe. As soon as the game starts, players will be immersed in a wild playground with dynamic events and tons to discover and do. In the beta version of Backyard Battleground players will have access to:

The King of the Hill-inspired mode, Flag of Power - Raise the Flag of Power and do everything you can to prevent the enemy from lowering it; igniting an all-out war where you’ll have to fight off wave after wave of enemies in a frantic, escalating battle.

Stats Room - Display all of your characters’ stats and achievements. There’s also a sticker book where you can get an overview of all the characters and accessories you’ve unlocked.

Quest Board - Visit the Quest Board for a list of dynamically updated challenges that will reward you for every completed event, and increase your XP multiplier.

Game modes and maps

Classic and Brand New Game Modes

In the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 beta, you'll be able to participate in massive 24-player multiplayer matches on two huge new maps!

Herbal Assault - On the Moon Base Z map. Play as the plants on the attack in this all-new 24 player game mode.

CycqAmf.jpg

Gardens & Graveyards - On the Seeds of Time map. Go classic with a zombie attack and plant defense, where the plants must defend the gardens and prevent the zombies from capturing them all.

xWfeurA.jpg

Both the Herbal Assault and Gardens and Graveyards modes are found under one playlist titled 'turf takeover', where it randomly switches between the game types.

More Maps and Modes

Along with the 24-player matches above whoch will remain playable over the 4 day beta, additional modes will be rotated in every day! Here's what you'll find:

Modes:
Team Vanquish - First to 50 slayer.
Vanquish Confirmed - First to 50 kills...confirmed.
Gnome Bomb - First team to plant the neutral bomb at 3 seperate plant zones wins. Make CSGO look like a kids game.
Suburbination - Domination.

Maps:

Z-Tech Factory

kT7cQAy.jpg

Frosty Creek

oelvRMq.jpg

Characters and classes in the beta

PfgBaX3.png

Characters are the heart of Garden Warfare 2. Each Character is designed to embrace a specific role on the battlefield with their own unique personality and abilities.

There are 30 characters to unlock in the beta and a level cap of 300!

Kernel Corn - Leading the plant offensive as the primary assault class with dual cob busters and a high rate of fire.

Rose - An extremely powerful sorceress that can turn zombie foes into fully playable goats.

Citron - A time-travelling bounty hunter from the future - and also an orange.

Imp & Z-Mech - The smallest and most agile of the zombies that turns into a Z-Mech robo of mass destruction with missiles.

Super Brainz - The flashy, punchy-powerhouse superhero with exceptional hair and charismatic smile.

Captain Deadbeard - A crusty peg-legged captain with a trick weapon up his sleeve.

Furthermore, a small sample of characters from GW1 will be available for players to transfer over in the beta.

How do I unlock characters, costumes, weapons etc?

The above stuff are purchases by opening sticker packs with either in game coins or the purchase of sticker by real moneyz. In reality, you do not ever need to purchase it with real money as the payoff rate per game is both constant and fair.

Like GW1 customization items and supplies can be found in sticker packs, however, upgrades are now ties directly to the xp bar of your specific character, and each character has 10 different upgrades available.

Now please enjoy the beta, and use the following (well crafted) hashtags on the social media of your choice to tell your friends and family of your satisfaction with the game.

Berordn

Does progression carry over to the final game or are they doing a wipe? Hadn't seen anything about that yet.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Any splitscreen in the beta? Despite being so limited, I had great fun with the first game's local multiplayer.

Maybesew

I really loved the first one. I got it free the day they gave it away in PSN and it made me wish I had been playing it since launch. I'm glad this game won't be competing with titanfall at release date like the first game

I'm really, really excited for this game. I'm hoping that the new hub world doesn't reduce the functionality compared to a simple menu. I don't want to walk across a map to access my characters, then walk back across a map to enter matchmaking.

Why start the beta on the same day you put the download live. Why not out the download first and open it up today. Pfft.

*waits for X1 link*

Gonna skip this. Betas without any full game rewards or progression carryover are a waste of time for me.

Betas often have bugs and/or balance issues, so it's good to not carry over progression.

This is a great chance to check out the game if you are on the fence or just impatient to experience some of it.

Miggy

Gotta wait 20 minutes before it's finished downloading. Not to shabby, I though I had too wait a bit longer lol.

Top Bottom