• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps5 rest mode issue

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Hey squad, just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue to me and if they've found a fix. I'm sure its probably something I've set up wrong or doing wrong but it seems to be since the last ps5 update....

....basically, I shut my ps5 down into rest mode and I wait until its powered down and the lights turned orange. I then turn off my lg CX. Then every time I turn on my ps5 and change the input channel to ps5 on my tv its on the splash screen saying "putting your ps5 into rest mode" then my ps5 just shuts down again and I have to power it back on.

Anyone have something similar with theirs and is there a fix?

SLB1904

Banned
Hey squad, just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue to me and if they've found a fix. I'm sure its probably something I've set up wrong or doing wrong but it seems to be since the last ps5 update....

....basically, I shut my ps5 down into rest mode and I wait until its powered down and the lights turned orange. I then turn off my lg CX. Then every time I turn on my ps5 and change the input channel to ps5 on my tv its on the splash screen saying "putting your ps5 into rest mode" then my ps5 just shuts down again and I have to power it back on.

Anyone have something similar with theirs and is there a fix?
yep. i thought it was weird. cx here as well

Topher

Gold Member
I was having issues with Rest Mode previously but the last update seemed to have fix it for me. I haven't had the problem since.

I would have guessed a HDMI handshake issue, but it sounds like a common problem needing a software fix in a later update.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
My friend still has that issue, he can't have the game running in the background and then sleep on the console without it turning it off the system itself.

Three

Try turning HDMI-CEC off either on the TV or on the console.

Talking of problems. I have an annoying issue too which is likely niche. When I use PSVR on the PS5 I see nothing in the headset (only the options button prompt if I turn around) until I turn on the projector the PS5 is connected to. This is annoying because I can't power cycle the projector until 15 mins have past since it's bad for the bulb so I have to have it on for a while when nobody is looking at it.

RCU005

This is an HDMI-CEC issue as everyone has said it above. You need to take a look at the HDMI-CEC settings from your TV.

What you want to have is:
- Turn on TV on when you turn PS5 on.
- When changing input to PS5, the PS5 will turn on
- Disable turn off PS5 when changing input from your tv settings (this might be your issue)
- when turning off TV, the PS5 will shut off (rest mode)

Also, you want to grant tv remote control access to control your HDMI-CEC devices (in this case PS5) to control the menu with your TV remote.

Top Bottom