• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Final Fantasy XVI ps5 issue.... overheat or something else?

I have a launch ps5. I got a problem with my ps5 when playing Final Fantasy XVI. Whenever I change area, the is a chance the game will freeze and ps5 hard crash. Some call it transitions problem, from world to loading screen or vise versa When I turn the ps5 back on, it say will system repairing. Is my system overheating or some more serious problem like the internal ssd. I opened up my ps5 and i took out the fan to clean it. I did stage 1 and 2, don;t dare to do stage 3. System restore, same issue. I am thinking of getting a samsung 980 pro and install the game there to see if the hard freeze remain

Erro code is CE-108262-9

I load up street fighter vi and do story mode fight and no problem so far.

I have a launch ps5. I got a problem with my ps5 when playing Final Fantasy XVI. Whenever I change area, the is a chance the game will freeze and ps5 hard crash. Some call it transitions problem, from world to loading screen or vise versa When I turn the ps5 back on, it say will system repairing. Is my system overheating or some more serious problem like the internal ssd. I opened up my ps5 and i took out the fan to clean it. I did stage 1 and 2, don;t dare to do stage 3. System restore, same issue. I am thinking of getting a samsung 980 pro and install the game there to see if the hard freeze remain

Erro code is CE-108262-9

I load up street fighter vi and do story mode fight and no problem so far.
There was another thread here saying that people's consoles were overheating during major fights.

Edit: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/fina...dly-causing-ps5-consoles-to-overheat.1658080/

Last edited:
For me it is not major fight, transitions/loading issue? I also posted on that thread but it got locik before anyone can answer.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Probably best to get in on the the Square Enix forums and ask there. Gaf is just going to give personal experience and no real help on the issue, including myself. There are several threads here asking about non widespread issues with the game…we are definitely not a tech repair or software repair forum….please don’t do this to yourself lol

Last edited:

GHG

Launch PS5 here (digital) and zero issues so far.

Honestly, if you encounter issues I'd just suggest contacting Sony, especially if you're still under warranty.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Okay good. Sorry to oversaturate the forums though 😂 the desire to play this shit is high lol
Again, not you…it was the last thread that opened after yours about it. You’ve been discussing with your replies trying to figure it out, I respect that! It’s the other people that post with no substance…and clearly no intention of figuring the issue out, that concerns me.

Top Bottom