• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 controllers suddenly wont charge

Ma-Yuan

Since yesterday both my ps5 controllers wont charge on the docking station anymore. Their battery live is fine and they both glow orange when i put them in the charger and the PS5 shows on the system they are getting charged but even after 12h they are dead. Its really weird since it affects both the station is clearly providing power. Any clue? I have the feeling its software issue maybe and update on the controllers.

SJRB

Gold Member
Are you sure the problem isn't the docking station? Did you connect a controller to another power source, like directly to the PS5 or to a pc?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Are you sure the problem isn't the docking station? Did you connect a controller to another power source, like directly to the PS5 or to a pc?
This. Connect the controller directly into the PS5. If it charges, it's the dockstation.

It's hard to believe both controllers died around the same time.

makaveli60

Seems like a software issue. My launch Dualsense used to lose its charge while being turned off if I turned the console off while the controlled was connected to it. I never do this anymore but I also assume that they solved this with a software update.

farmerboy

I recently had a controller become glitchy. Pressing X in menu worked but in game did not. Also, R1 would do a completely different move to what it should have.

I reset using the tiny hole on the back with a paperclip, now everythings fine.

Your issue could be software.

Ma-Yuan

I unplugged the docking station and tried it again and that somehow fixed it. Also charging via usb c worked. Very strange the whole thing.

My Quest 3 dock controllers use inductive charging. This needs to become a thing with game controllers. Wireless charging. At least use it on pro controllers.

protonion

The charging station probably stopped getting power.

If that happens and you have two controllers plugged, it drains them.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Sounds like a dock issue to me. If it was one controller of the two, I would say a software issue or battery problem. But since it’s both, it seems like the dock is telling the PS that the controllers are charged when they are not. I would guess it’s an issue with the contact on the dock.

Edit - I just saw you said it’s fixed now, sweet!

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

My Quest 3 dock controllers use inductive charging. This needs to become a thing with game controllers. Wireless charging. At least use it on pro controllers.
I agree for the most part, they would need to do a better design which would more or less force the controller to be in the correct position for charging. It seems like anytime my daughter sets the Q3 controllers in the dock, it isn't aligned correctly and doesn't charge.

Top Bottom