• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict what will be your 5 favorite games of 2023, and we'll see how accurately it turned out one year from now.

OsirisBlack

Banned
1. Final Fantasy XVI looks absolutely amazing, haven't been this hype for a mainline Final Fantasy game in a long time.
2. Zelda tears of the Kingdom. Do not think this one needs an explanation.
3. Diablo IV Impatiently waiting.
4. Baldurs Gate 3 playing patch 9 now and level 5 is fucking ridiculous. Every job is so much better and the game is just amazing.
5. Street Fighter 6 best fighting game I have played in a long time .... much better than V or IV and it's still in beta.

I know you said V but....

6. Final Fantasy R VII
7. Armored Core VI
8. Octopath Traveler II
9. Starfield
10. Spider Man II

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Pizza Tower: 2d platform insanity that gives most 2d fighters a run for their money in animation
Forza Motorsport 8: The newest mainline closed circuit Forza in a while, it looks great and i hope they have quite a lot in store for it
Resident Evil 4 Remake: no explanation, it's resident evil 4
Street Fighter 6: A lot of people hate the new art direction but personally it's the most unique and prettiest Street Fighter has looked in a while, consider me hyped
Tekken 8: The story looks ridiculous, but the combat looks miraculous. I'm not gonna be buying Tekken 7 when this is around the corner

Last edited:

ungalo

I don't know if i'll have a PS5 by the time FF16 releases. So let's put it on the side.

I'd say :

Starfield
Zelda
Silksong
Wo Long
Atomic Heart (the riskier)

But there are a lot of other games i can think about that i'll probably enjoy, finally a great year ahead

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What if

Elden Ring DLC
Bloodborne Remaster…

My top 5
RE4R
FFXVI
Diablo IV
Wo Long
FF7R part dos

I debated putting SFVI in there. I want to believe Wo Long will be good.

In order of release: RE4, ZELDA, Diablo 4, ff16, forza motorsport, starfield (if it even comes out in '23), Spiderman 2

Also hyped for Sf6. Much less hyped for Hogwarts and Star Wars Fallen Survivor

Are Armored Core 6 and Tekken 8 even supposed to come in '23? Thought those were '24 games..

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
1. Spider-man 2
2. Final Fantasy XVI
3. Resident Evil 4 remake or Silent Hill 2
4. Alan Wake 2
5. Stellar Blade

Honorable mentions
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Armored Core
Horizon call of the Mountain

AmuroChan

1. The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie
2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure
3. Final Fantasy XVI
4. Spider-Man 2
5. Starfield

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
- Redfall
- Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
- Resident Evil 4
- Remnant 2
- Spider Man 2

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
RE4 REmake.

It would have to be a reaaaaaaaaaaaaal stinker for me to not have it on the highest of pedestal at the end of the year.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
No idea what’s all hitting but I’ll try

1. The Last of Us Part 1 - PC
2. Returnal - PC
3. Hades 2
4. Diablo 4
5. Starfield

tommib

RE4 Remake
Outlast 3
HellBlade 2
Starfield
Silent Hill 2 Remake
I didn’t know Outlast 3 was being made. Interesting. First one is a classic. Second one, not so much.

Edit: it’s some multiplayer thing. That’s why I probably ignored it. It’s called Outlast Trials not 3. Should be a departure.

Last edited:

Pantz

5. Railway Empire 2
4. Starfield
3. Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown
2. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
1. Final Fantasy XVI

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Perhaps time to expand beyond just PlayStation?

Suspicious Will Smith GIF
I also have a series X, nothing to play. Waiting on Hellblade 2 and Perfect Dark.
Do you only play Sony 1st party stuff or what’s the deal?
No but they are by far my favourite
Never heard of it
Starfield
Awful first showing, awaiting next gameplay demo before I judge it properly
Zelda TOTK
Lmao
Not my thing
Don’t give a damn about racers, last one I really enjoyed was Driveclub
Atomic Heart
Not into the Japanese anime ass action games

, Final Fantasy XVI
See above
Assassin’s Creed Mirage
Forgot about this, on my radar
Star Wars Jedi 2
Never played the first, don’t give a crap about Star Wars. But as a graphics whore this may be a must play. On my radar
, Baldur’s Gate
No
, Street Fighter 6
Meh, last street fighter was street fighter 4 for me, might give it a shot
etc etc etc.

2023 year is just full of games that are not my thing. 2022 however was an incredible year for me. I bought the most games I’ve bought in years.

Bro do you even like videogames
yes but this year looks to be an onslaught of games i dont don’t give a damn about

lachesis

Ys X
Zelda: Tears of Kingdom
RE4 Remake

That's pretty much for it, because those are only games that I plan to purchase at the moment for the Day1 purchase, or near its release date.

I also have a series X, nothing to play. Waiting on Hellblade 2 and Perfect Dark.

No but they are by far my favourite

Never heard of it

Awful first showing, awaiting next gameplay demo before I judge it properly

Lmao

Not my thing

Don’t give a damn about racers, last one I really enjoyed was Driveclub

See above

Forgot about this, on my radar

Never played the first, don’t give a crap about Star Wars. But as a graphics whore this may be a must play. On my radar

No

Meh, last street fighter was street fighter 4 for me, might give it a shot

2023 year is just full of games that are not my thing. 2022 however was an incredible year for me. I bought the most games I’ve bought in years.

yes but this year looks to be an onslaught of games i dont don’t give a damn about
You might not like video games if of all the variety out there you can’t find anything to play. Try expanding beyond your”range” and you’ll always have smth to play.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
You might not like video games if of all the variety out there you can’t find anything to play. Try expanding beyond your”range” and you’ll always have smth to play.
I listed 3 games I’m going to buy on Day 1 in 2023. The rest are simply not my style.

I bought a variety of games this year. I’m good

Handel

1. Baldur's Gate 3 : Divinity Original Sin 2 was incredible, so my trust in Larian is extremely high. I've played many hours in D&D 5e, and in campaigns that could easily tie into the story of this game, so I'm really excited for the characters I'll be making for this one. Once it hits consoles, I'll double dip to do a full playthrough with my best friends.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: Zelda is my favorite series of all time, and the last time they did a direct sequel it was my favorite game of all time(Majora's Mask). While I don't think TotK will match MM in the story department, it's still exciting to see what the Zelda team can do when they can reuse assets, giving them more time to tighten up the core content.
3. Starfield: Nothing can quite scratch that Bethesda itch but other Bethesda titles. 300+ hours incoming...
4. Resident Evil 4 Remake: RE2R was surprisingly excellent, so I'm excited to see what they do with an even better game to improve upon.
5. Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League: Going to have a blast playing this with my friends, Captain Boomerang going to be my main.

GymWolf

Hogwarts
Big fan of harry potter and open world action rpg, so easy pick.

Atomic heart
Waiting for this game since the reveal, again, russian bioshock open world with nextgen production values? Another easy pick.

yakuza 8
Yakuza 7 was wonderfull, hopefully they are gonna make the next one harder because 7 was a cakewalk.

Hades 2
Do i need to explain?

Probably 1 between all of these: jedi survivor, dead island 2, re4 remake, redfall, spidey 2, diablo 4, starfield, yakuza ishin etc.

5 is such a small number in such a full year.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Never heard of it
Silksong is the sequel to Hollow Knight, Metroidvania with Souls mechanics

Atomic Heart isn’t Japanese or anime, it’s one of the most unique first person games in years, kinda similar to Bioshock but way more intense. A few trailers, don’t miss the boss fight at the end, really cool

You seem to have a very specific taste in games though. Tricky. If you have a Xbox Series X you should get Gamepass, it’s great to broaden your gaming interest, 30 minutes is enough for most games to understand if it’s something you could like.

Here are a few more you could look at:

The Last Case of Benedict Fox

Replaced

Lies of P

Wo Long

Black Myth

Stellar Blade

2023 looks to be an amazing year if you ask me! I bet there are lots of stuff we don’t know about as well. MS only showed games for the first half of the year, Sony has been kinda silent and who knows what Nintendo is up to, might even launch new hardware for all we know.

NahaNago

I'm kinda burnt out on a lot of the AAA games or I've simply lost faith in them. I do think I'll like/enjoy Stellar Blade but I don't think I'll love it. I've fallen out of love with Final Fantasy and this is the first FF game I have no hype for. Next year will be pretty weak for me honestly. I'll probably still buy and play quite a few games, but I'm just not hyped for anything for next year right now.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
In no particular order, from the games that have been announced with a 2023 date:
  1. Hollow Knight Silksong
  2. Hades II
  3. Spider-Man 2
  4. Final Fantasy XVI
  5. Stellar Blade 🍑
I didn't include Horizon Burning Shores because it's a DLC. But if you can, then it's absolutely on that list.

Last edited:
FFXVI
RE4Remake
Atomic Heart
Hogwarts Legacy
LOZ: TotK

TBH I’m afraid to contemplate anything else since everything gets delayed nowadays

Lunarorbit

RE4 remake-Finally played RE4 this year and loved the ballastics out of it

Zelda
Eiyudan chronicles
Spiderman 2
Tlou factions

TOTK
D:IV
Forza 8
Hogwarts
Starfield

That's probably about the only games I'll play. I want to get FFVII Rebirth but it could be delayed and chances are I still won't have a PS5 in a years time (no point buying it for one game) and anyway I'll wait for the PC version.

Last edited:

Bkdk

1. Starfield. As long as it support mods like previous singleplayer bethesda games, it will become my goty. I still play over 1k hours of fallout 4 with mods. So will almost certainly continue. For others it's hard to predict, will play quite a lot of games though but I think the time I spend on starfield and mods will eventually be more than all the other 2023 games I am going to play combined lol.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
If a new historical Total War game comes out, or a Med 2 remaster, then that is all I'll play next year.

Top Bottom