• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: Trump surprised that government can’t be run like his business, aides say

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStubbs

The average person doesn't know that. They just know Trump has a lot of buildings with his name on them, and is a "billionaire", so of course he's a successful businessman.

Anybody over 35 (most of Trump's voters fall into this group) knows all of the highly publicized bankruptcies of Donald Trump.

god, get Bannon and his lackeys the fuck out of there. I'd rather have inept, pseudo-republican trump than Manchurian Vader trump being puppeteered by Emperor Palpatine Bannon any day.

abundant

Anybody over 35 (most of Trump's voters fall into this group) knows all of the highly publicized bankruptcies of Donald Trump.

You'd think so, but whenever someone interviews a Trump voter, they know nothing about it. You have to remember that these people live inside a small bubble and don't care what happens outside of that bubble.

Why does Pence get off looking so innocent here

He is guilty, he should be guiding Trump, that's his fucking job. He isn't doing his job. He isn't getting any heat at all.

Ernest

Banned
What strikes me is how Trump and his administration aren't learning one goddamn thing from their mistakes (mostly because they're blind to their own ineptitude), and will keep fucking up, regardless of staff change, because the actual problem is at the very top.

xnipx

You'd think so, but whenever someone interviews a Trump voter, they know nothing about it. You have to remember that these people live inside a small bubble and don't care what happens outside of that bubble.

I thought Trump was a successful business man from my limited interaction with him just based off the image he portrays. I never had the need to actually research how much of a failure he was until he started the birther movement. I'd assume most people are in the same boat.

Just because the information is readily available doesn't mean you have an actual reason to SEEK it.

He really plays the character as a self made billionaire real estate tycoon well and that's what MOST of the uninformed public thinks of him.

zma1013

I thought Trump was a successful business man from my limited interaction with him just based off the image he portrays. I never had the need to actually research how much of a failure he was until he started the birther movement. I'd assume most people are in the same boat.

Just because the information is readily available doesn't mean you have an actual reason to SEEK it.

He really plays the character as a self made billionaire real estate tycoon well and that's what MOST of the uninformed public thinks of him.

Is there a good summary of his past business dealings? I'd like to start reading up about it.

Shoeless

This is probably one of the most unexpected--and at the same time most logical--outcomes of easy access to information. When a ton of it is available, people don't go looking for it. It's only when it's rare and hard to come by that people ascribe value to it.

Like I imagine that same Republicans that are now screaming about how education merely creates "Libtards" would probably pull out their guns and storm the hill if word got out that the Democrats were trying to dismantle the educational system and take it away from the public.

jstripes

Banned
animation1rojri.gif

It's like one of those Japanese TV shows where they play pranks on celebrities.

dickroach

http://www.mediaite.com/online/watc...rump-as-president-tries-to-end-presser-early/

I cant even. Please watch the whole video. This man is a complete embarrassment to the USA.

He has no idea what he is doing. It is frightening that this man is in charge.

huh? I think he answered that reporter's questions very tremendously.
the US has never been a "big player" and trade, and has definitely never had relationships with Japan or China. he's gonna make sure that happens. oh, and tremendous health care.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yeah, for sure. The mannerisms were already there, he's still obnoxious, but he is able to dose it and he doesn't come across as a lunatic. Just a mean asshole. He's even a pretty good speaker in some videos I watched, there is none of the word salad we're all too familiar with by now.

Random example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh2S8bbGTO0

Oh man, that first question: what would be the equivalent of reaching the White House for you? "Well just doing what I'm doing" Yep that seemed to work

zma1013

I'm still trying to decide if this is better than the one where Trump was going "where's Rudy Giuliani? Where is he?" and Rudy starts speaking and the camera pulls back to reveal he's literally sitting directly across from Trump.

I just watched that one and the comedic timing of the camera is perfect. It couldn't have been done any better if it were planned.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I'm sick of everyone making fun of him for this. Dementia is a serious and heart breaking illness. Just because he forgot where he was after asking for a translation doesn't mean he is stupid.

Which is why there should be an age ceiling to be considered for this role. Four years, and the pressure that comes with being President? I'm afraid to see wjere this road goes.

Nameless

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who heard the incoherent drivel that oozed from his piehole over the course his campaign and especially during the debates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom