• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: Trump surprised that government can’t be run like his business, aides say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Given how many of his businesses and licenses have ended in massive failure we should be relieved.

eshwaaz

This part stood out to me:
The interviews paint a picture of a powder-keg of a workplace where job duties are unclear, morale among some is low, factionalism is rampant and exhaustion is running high. Two visitors to the White House last week said they were struck by how tired the staff looks.

In Washington circles, talk has turned to whether a staff shake-up is in the works.

One person close to Trump said: "I think he'd like to do it now, but he knows it's too soon."
If he guts the staff, there may be no one left to leak.

SerTapTap

This part stood out to me:

I really doubt bringing in fresh staff will solve all his problems. People are going to keep either realizing he's fucking crazy or getting tired of his shit.

Garlador

You know. At some point I just wonder if he'll just step down because he can't do what he thought he wanted.

He's trapped in a cycle.

The job is miserable and makes him miserable and I'm sure he doesn't want the job anymore.

But his ego is so gargantuan that he can't admit he made a mistake or is in over his head, so he'll keep enduring so people won't call him a quitter.

Tovarisc

So that is why they want feds crackdown harder on drug smuggling.... They need restock at WH, already.

If he guts the staff he loses SO much people who know their way around in WH and Washington. WH staff is never 100% replaced, afaik. Gutting the staff now would grind WH into standstill.

Also like jiiikoo says, leaks would return sooner or later.

After Trump grew infuriated by disclosures of his confrontational phone calls with foreign leaders, an investigation was launched into the source of the leaks, according to one White House aide. National Security Council staffers have been instructed to cooperate with inquiries, including requests to inspect their electronic communications, said two sources familiar with the situation. It’s not clear whether the investigation is a formal proceeding, how far along it is or who is conducting it.
Watch as he manages to get someone convicted over this while being a traitorous shitbag himself.

Tovarisc

su3zQ2G.png

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/830094378983100418

Shoeless

You know. At some point I just wonder if he'll just step down because he can't do what he thought he wanted.

With his concerns about his image, I can't see this being realistic. Quitting with his tail between his legs and going back to New York will be intolerable once he starts getting the treatment from the public of being "That failed president." The only way he gets out of it and saves face is if health concerns prevent him from being the President. Resigning would be an admission of weakness, and the same goes for impeachment, except that that would affect the entire Republican party, so either degrading health or the even more spectacular faking a death/assassination will get him out "clean."

He's trapped in a cycle.

The job is miserable and makes him miserable and I'm sure he doesn't want the job anymore.

But his ego is so gargantuan that he can't admit he made a mistake or is in over his head, so he'll keep enduring so people won't call him a quitter.

If he really wants to save some face, he can make up some "health issues" that requires him to step down.

More likely he'll say "I've accomplished all that I said I would and there's nothing left to do so I'm moving back to my businesses and Mike Pence will take over for me."

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
He'll probably make some backhanded excuse like "there's nothing wrong with anything I did, but everyone around me is stopping me from saving America so fuck you all"

Just like some 12-year old ragequitting a MOBA. "This team sucks, I can't carry this team, so fuck you all"

Nah, the new guys will leak just as much when they see the show he's running.

It can't just be his WH staff, either, when the plumbing to support that office has to be a layer or two deep to protect itself when you consider what the history is and what's at stake given the power of that spot. Trump can't simultaneously piss off and scare the shit out of the top levels of national security and the intelligence community and expect to be out of the forest when all he's likely done is walk deeper in. Trump isn't likely to ever see the end of it even if he magically transforms into a decent President when his staff is fucking shit and one party has the keys to the kingdom right now. The fact that Russia has been identified as having some connection in all of this since before the election means that someone will go on watching from inside of the machine. The more Russian-friendly staff he places in positions means more opportunities for catching someone fucking up.

zeemumu

"And you, moneybags, you're a pancake, you're flip-floppity
It's a country, not a company you can play like Monopoly!"

If he really wants to save some face, he can make up some "health issues" that requires him to step down.

Mr. "The Healthiest Man to Ever Run For President" narcissist is going to say that his health requires him to step down? He'll publicly gift America to Putin before that happens.

Shoeless

Mr. "The Healthiest Man to Ever Run For President" narcissist is going to say that his health requires him to step down? He'll publicly gift America to Putin before that happens.

He can always manufacture an accident. Getting sick may be out of the question, but a crippling injury from on high is another thing entirely. Or make up a story about some family crisis illness that requires him to be a "good American father" and pay more attention to domestic matters because "family first."

Ithil

If only people had been warned that he was an unqualified idiot who would have no clue how to do the job.

Wait.

Maybe, ohhh I don't know, it would have been smarter to elect someone with at least basic knowledge of the system and not some guy that eats Taco Bowls on Cinco De Mayo to declare how much he likes Hispanics.

Blame those that voted for Trump & the registered voters who just sat in their homes & didn't vote against him instead of voting for someone with three decades of political experience.

The administration and staff are tired and exhausted after 3 weeks and they haven't even faced any real challenge yet. Imagine this administration dealing with the Cuban Missile Crisis or some shit. Kennedy went without sleep for several consecutive days.

liquidtmd

Banned

Yup, I call the same and have thought so for a while.

I give him two months, a 'health scare', a swift yet 'I must step down for the good of my loved ones' then spend the rest of his days wanking over Twitter telling all how he would have been the GOAT if only his pesky heart/liver/small hands hadn't got in the way

Shoeless

The administration and staff are tired and exhausted after 3 weeks and they haven't even faced any real challenge yet. Imagine this administration dealing with the Cuban Missile Crisis or some shit. Kennedy went without sleep for several consecutive days.

Just give it another six months. You'll get there, especially if they're gunning for Iran.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Hillary would have been a natural fit for this role with her lengthy experience and political relationships, yet this man had the gall to get up on stage and say she didn't have stamina. Look at him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom