• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 unboxing and comparison

kyliethicc

PSVR2 box contents

IqxZ5Q5.jpg

other looks

3C5zjM5.jpg

VVuaJU9.jpg

comparisons to VR1 and quest

ISEZLND.jpg

RsFr5eY.jpg

more here

midnightAI

Awww, I thought this was going to show us just the unboxing, not the headset, can't review an unboxing without that (I tease)

Loving the idea of the concertinaed light blocking rubber face thing that should eliminate all light bleed, in these picture you can see how far out it can go so you dont have to push the headset mega close to your face to block light

Booked off the 24th to get my Pavlov fix. Just going to put this at the back of mind so the next couples weeks don’t drag. Really excited for this.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
https://blog.playstation.com/2023/02/10/playstation-vr2-unboxing/?sf264155354=1

Here's another (ooof start). Showcases the Charging Dock in this one.

PlayStation VR2 unboxing

See what will be included right out of the box, plus details on key design features and tips on setting up the PS VR2 headset.

Kei YoneyamaGlobal Product Strategy & Management, SIE
The launch of PlayStation VR2 is less than two weeks away, and today we wanted to share an unboxing video so you can see what will be included with PS VR2 right out of the box. In this video, we describe the key headset design features, include a demonstration on how to wear the headset and give tips on the adjustments you can make for the most comfortable gameplay. We also included some background on what went into the package design.

Please check out the video, and we hope you’re just as excited as we are to feel the next generation of VR when it launches on February 22!

Last edited:

Elios83

Gonna watch it tonight after job, it's cool their doing an official unboxing video like they did with PS5 (a full teardown in that case).

Last edited:

SilentUser

The wait is unbearable! I need mine ASAP, can't wait to finally play Demeo and NMS with my friends! Plus, I was holding Resi 8 because I wanted to play in VR and it is almost here, finally.

Also, highly interested in tons of games, spexialky Kayak, Light Brigade, After the Fall, Cities... Damn, I'm f**** up lol

I'm way more excited with the PSVR2 than I was with PS5 and PS4. I decided to skip PSVR and all the other VR headsets because I wanted to wait a little bit for improved tech, so PSVR2 will be my first VR headset and it feels like something totally brand new to me (yeah, I played with friends VR, but that's not the same).

Shane89

no mole plocessol unit! Hell yeah!

Button to switch to real world is a nice addon too!

Last edited:

midnightAI

Oh my, watching the Kinda Funny one, has Blessing never used a VR headset (in particular the PSVR 1)? jeez man, the back strap is supposed to be low down, you are supposed to tighten it and there is a button to move the headset forward/backward, I was hoping someone would correct him (probably too busy laughing at him)

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Oh my, watching the Kinda Funny one, has Blessing never used a VR headset (in particular the PSVR 1)? jeez man, the back strap is supposed to be low down, you are supposed to tighten it and there is a button to move the headset forward/backward, I was hoping someone would correct him (probably too busy laughing at him)

He owns a MetaQuest 2 headset and has played PSVR1 a 100 times. I'm not sure what's going on with him, but for the last 3 months he's been VERY down on PSVR2. So what you are witnessing is part of that narrative that he started a few months back.

midnightAI

I wonder if any of these realise you don't have to take the box out of the sleeve if you don't want to? (saves you busting the sleeve) the lids open opposite to each other also for extra safety (well done ijustine)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sony took the chance on VR a thing that has a terrible history and now it’s possible VR is here to stay.
Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Top Bottom