• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS VR2 to add PC support in 2024 (currently in testing)

PSVR2-PC_02-22-24-768x432.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment is currently testing PC support for its PlayStation VR2 headset with plans to launch in 2024, the company announced.

In a PlayStation Blog post featuring updates on upcoming PlayStation VR2 games, Sony Interactive Entertainment content communications manager Gillen McAllister said, “We’re pleased to share that we are currently testing the ability for PlayStation VR2 players to access additional games on PC to offer even more game variety in addition to the PlayStation VR2 titles available through PlayStation 5. We hope to make this support available in 2024, so stay tuned for more updates.”

Further details were not announced.

//DEVIL//

Might be worth getting the headset when that happens.

Because I tried GT7 VR and it was the best thing to happen to gaming in terms of racing. the implementation was perfect. add to that PC VR games... yeah Might be worth getting one.

with that being said. ill also wait for what VR headsets come out this year.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Hell has actually frozen over. I’m fucking in.

EDIT. I wonder if you’ll still need a PS5 for this. PC running PCVR content connects to PS5 and PS5 connects to headset.

Last edited:

Rudius

So glad I used my warranty to fix an issue with the lenses coating peeling of, now I'll have a nice headset for both PS5 and PC!

Last edited:

Bry0

Eye tracked oled pcvr. This would make an amazing steam vr headset for the price. Even despite the not so great lenses, the dark areas in Alyx would be insane. For sim type games it would be insane too.

I’m afraid to get too excited until they give more details, but I hope this just means a driver for pc using openvr/xr

Last edited:

thief183

Awesome!! To be fair, my quest 3 spoiled me in the semplici5y to connect it wireless, I hope they come close cause that oled is gonna get some good use ;)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The more I think about it the more I’m sure that you’d need both a PS5 and a PSVR headset for this to work with the PS5 running some sort of VR Steamlink.

Folks who think they will just buy the headset will be disappointed

Bry0

The more I think about it the more I’m sure that you’d need both a PS5 and a PSVR headset for this to work with the PS5 running some sort of VR Steamlink.

Ooo, I was thinking there would be a driver, but maybe a ps5 version of steam link? Will be interesting to see what the solution is they come up with.

Half Life Alyx for PSVR2 is now a reality
Too little, too late. it has been a reality for years and Quest 2 has almost the same resolution as PSVR2.

Foveated rendering is nice and all, but current PCVR games won't implement it I think. OLED is nice though.

I had a PSVR2 and I was underwhelmed by it. GT7 looked nice, but VERY pixelated. Guess thats down to the PS5's power.

HL Alyx looks sick on the Quest 2.

But people already on PCVR wont shell out the cash for a PSVR2 when they can get a Quest 3 for the same price, or get a Quest 2 for much less.

I have a Quest 2 and am not inticed to buy a PSVR2 again.

The price is just too high.

BUT if you own a PC and a PS5, I can see why this would be a good buy.

Last edited:

Nope. Why do you think that?

It uses USB just like the Quest. It's down to the drivers and support from Sony. That's it.

Why on earth would you need a PS5 if the article clearly states PCVR support? What kind of conspiracy theorist are you?

Don't you need a GPU with type C for DP alt mode and the market leader no longer does that?
No. You need a free USB-C port on your mainboard for PSVR2. GPU only has to be able to render games twice. My Quest is connected to the onboard USB of my mainboard, not to the GPU.

Although my GPU has USB-C on it (Asus 4070 Super).

My Quest is connected through regular USB on a SS-USB3 port on my mainboard.

No direct connection to the GPU needed.

Last edited:

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???
Thank you Sony!!
I have both Quest 3 and PSVR2 but I don't have my own...PS5 lol
Just today I was thinking to sale my PSVR2 (I bought it for GT7) and here we go!

Last edited:
Top Bottom