• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Portal™: Solution for weak WiFi connection

keraj37

If your PS5 or PS Portal are far away from WiFi router (in my case they are both far away), and you experience lags, low streaming resolution, breaking sound etc, here is a simple solution that may work with you as well.
As I said it is simple and you already may doing it, but who knows, not all are tech savvy.

Here is what I do in my bedroom, which is far away from WiFi source:
1. Have your smartphone close to both, PS5 and PS portal.
2. On my android 13 phone (Samsung A71) I start the hotspot. I am giving simple name and password so I can quickly use it on PS5 and PS Portal.
3. Connect both, your PS5 and PS Portal to this WiFi hotspot.
4. You would rather want to keep your phone to be always charging since sharing hotspot drains battery a lot.

Your phone works now as a router, and you don't even need Internet connection since all the communication between PS5 and PS Portal are local, via WiFi.

------------
Off topic:
Man I just got my PS Portal, it is cool and all, but after long time of using only OLED screens (including VR headset), the image quality is a bit a letdown.

Top Bottom