• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 owners prefer boxed games to downloads

Topher

Gold Member
Still doesn't make much sense to me.

Apart from niche interests like vinyl records, people have long ago left behind physical copies of movies and music in favor of streaming and digital stores.

Even as a Steam guy, I'm so damn glad something as competent as GamePass finally exists to prevent gaming from being stuck in the past

The industry is changing for the better imho

That's fine though. Just like vinyl records are for a small few (like myself) the same is true for physical games. But I love Game Pass as well as streaming music. I think the industry is growing and improving. I just don't want it to be a one size fits all.

Do you even read what you typed?

Most of you physical copies people here, scream that you can sell your games. So how the hell would you guys play the game again, if you sell it?

Its like dog chasing his tail. Pointing out that you can sell your physical games, while ignoring the need to replay it again.
Check In G Eazy GIF by Audacy

At least with digital, I can have replay value with it, for a long time.

What part of "If you want to play it again and again.....then keep it" did you not understand? I will never play Guardians of the Galaxy again so I sold the copy I had. Why is this hard?

teezzy

Banned

Most of you physical copies people here, scream that you can sell your games. So how the hell would you guys play the game again, if you sell it?

Its like dog chasing his tail. Pointing out that you can sell your physical games, while ignoring the need to replay it again.

Dont mind him. His brain is warped from the stagnant fumes of disc rot

kingfey

Banned
I hate needing to constantly explain this, but people are so thick sometimes
the digital download ratio is for ALL SOFTWARE, you know that 4000 game catalog the ps4 has so new games are much more physical heavy, but as a whole physical games are up against that whole catalog so let's say new games from a year are 3/4 physical but the legacy is either digital or used, obviously used is not going to included in sony's total but that so let's say the legacy catalog makes up 1/2 of all sales since they nearly 100% digital we have (1/4)/2 +1/2 or 62.5% digital
also on the revenue front 1st party digital sony gets 100%, where as physical they only get like 2/3 of the retail price and digital third party sony gets 1/3 digital but only like 1/6 of the price of third party games as revenue
right now ps5 games are all new releases, therefore majority of physical

unless the store shuts down, but seriously why do you get so worked up that some people prefer physical copies?
if you prefer digital rock-on, do things the way you see fit, why get upset that other people prefer something else? options are a good thing
I mean why are digital boys so big on HOW DARE YOU LIKE PHYSICAL PRODUCTS, I DON'T LIKE THEM YOU SHOULDN"T LIKE THEM
Nobody is worked on it. Physical game players always scream that their preferred method is better. Just look at this thread.

Always downplaying the value of digital games. Like hello, where is the summer sales? Where is the complete edition sales?

Even worst that physical games have that V1 data, before the day1 patch.

teezzy

Banned
That's fine though. Just like vinyl records are for a small few (like myself) the same is true for physical games. But I love Game Pass as well as streaming music. I think the industry is growing and improving. I just don't want it to be a one size fits all.

What part of "If you want to play it again and again.....then keep it" did you not understand? I will never play Guardians of the Galaxy again so I sold the copy I had. Why is this hard?

Fwiw, i think romanticizing records is just as lame (and i used to have quite a large record and game collection)

People hail the superior experience of their turntables. They love the large disc art, claim it sounds better (it doesn't) , love dropping the needle etc

What do you get with a disc? A paper thin plastic case, no manual, and a large installation update file upon your first boot

Not the same thing, but I'm glad you're enjoying your games, kind sir

kingfey

Banned
You will have to buy the game again, if there is new dlcs. If you want to play the game again in the future. You might not like it now, but you will want to replay the game again in the future.

Topher

Gold Member
Dont mind him. His brain is warped from the stagnant fumes of disc rot

More likely all fumes from the bubble rap I used to sell the games I was done playing. Either that or too much beer.

Either way, hope you enjoy your digital collection!

Lets Go Yes GIF by Bubble Punk

You will have to buy the game again, if there is new dlcs. If you want to play the game again in the future. You might not like it now, but you will want to replay the game again in the future.

Games I've replayed I've never sold in the first place. But yeah.....sorry, apparently you are the expert on my playing habits, not me.

Confused Little Girl GIF

Fwiw, i think romanticizing records is just as lame (and i used to have quite a large record and game collection)

People hail the superior experience of their turntables. They love the large disc art, claim it sounds better (it doesn't) , love dropping the needle etc

What do you get with a disc? A paper thin plastic case, no manual, and a large installation update file upon your first boot

Not the same thing, but I'm glad you're enjoying your games, kind sir

I think judging what makes others happy is particularly lame. You seem to be an expert at pretending what you think/believe/feel equates to what others must also think/believe/feel.

I find you to be extremely shallow. Either that or (hopefully) you are just posting drunk nonsense.

Last edited:

OK, can you explain how buying physical is "limiting your choices", as you put it?

With physical, I can keep it (and thus have the option of buying all the dlc in the future", or I can sell it, give it away etc.

With digital, you can only keep it.

And that's not to mention the fact that digital games get delisted. If you are new to Xbox, and fancy playing Forza Horizon 2 or 3, or any Forza Motorsport, you will not be able to unless you have a console that takes physical media.

So, again, how is physical media limiting my choices? I can see why digital is better in terms of less clutter, possible lower environment impact, convenience, but I do not see the "limiting your choices" point.

Last edited:
So maybe there is a little hope for the future of gaming. There still seems to be fans of physical media left over in the world. This is good to see. Maybe that all digital future will be postponed some more.

I don’t have a problem with digital and will buy digital when the price is reasonable, but I will always prefer physical for the obvious reasons.

Akhawi

Banned
The only reason I still buy 100% physical on PlayStation and Nintendo is because neither of these companies can be trusted what so ever with digital content. I went digital on PC and Xbox ages ago with no regrets.

teezzy

Banned
kids these days are already moving onto F2P and GaaS and boomer ninjas ITT tongue kissing their discs lol

kingfey

Banned
OK, can you explain how makes physical "limiting your choices", as you put it?

With physical, I can keep it (and thus have the option of buying all the dlc in the future", or I can sell it, give it away etc.

And that's not to mention the fact that digital games get delisted. If you are new to Xbox, and fancy playing Forza Horizon 2 or 3, or any Forza Motorsport, you will not be able to unless you have a console that takes physical media.

So, again, how is physical media limiting my choices? I can see why digital is better in terms of less clutter, possible lower environment impact, convenience, but I do not see the "limiting your choices" point.
Digital games don't get delisted, if you buy the game.

Physical games have version 1 of the game. Physical games won't get all dlc, since that is digital product. Unless you buy the complete edition disc. You will sell your physical copy in the future, which will make you lose access to the game. You need to carry your physical games, to your friends house, or when you go to a new house. Space shelf. Kids scratching or breaking your disc.

I can list more.

Forza horizon 2

Forza horizon 3

What digital game do you need now?

kingfey

Banned
Either way, hope you enjoy your digital collection!
I know this isnt directed to me, but here is my digital collection.
kyprO9s.jpg

Games I've replayed I've never sold in the first place. But yeah.....sorry, apparently you are the expert on my playing habits, not me.
Who is this guy then?
Yes, and I'd do it again. Perfectly fair to me. I have no interest in replaying the game or letting it sit on a shelf.
You sell the games that you dont replay it again. Making you lose access to it.

Topher

Gold Member

Physical games have version 1 of the game. Physical games won't get all dlc, since that is digital product. Unless you buy the complete edition disc. You will sell your physical copy in the future, which will make you lose access to the game. You need to carry your physical games, to your friends house, or when you go to a new house. Space shelf. Kids scratching or breaking your disc.

I can list more.

Forza horizon 2

Forza horizon 3

That's fine for those who want to be able to play their old games. For those who want to sell games when they are done then physical is the only way. I don't see anyone here who is saying digital games shouldn't be an option. What I do see are those who are saying physical games shouldn't be an option. I'm constantly amazed at those who believe what is best for them is best for everyone else.

I know this isnt directed to me, but here is my digital collection.

I don't care

Who is this guy then?

You sell the games that you dont replay it again. Making you lose access to it.

Yes....I sell the games I don't want to replay again because I don't want to replay them again. Guardians of the Galaxy is one such game.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

How is this hard for you to understand?

Last edited:

I can list more.

Forza horizon 2

Forza horizon 3

I know they don't get delisted if you buy them. I was talking about people new to X-box, by which I meant people who hadn't owned one before. Admittedly, I hadn't thought of people selling keys to the games - that's a good point. I presume the supply of those will run out eventually.

The other points aren't about limiting choices - they're just general inconvenience of owning physical media, for some people (I'm not moving house any time soon, nor do I any kids).

And I still don't see how having the option of selling my game and buying it back is limiting. It's an option. I can do three things with it - keep it forever, sell it, or sell it and buy it back if I want to. With digital, I can only do the first.

I finished Ass Creed Odyssey's main game, and while I enjoyed it, I felt I had had my fill of it, so I sold it. If I ever feel like playing the dlc, I can buy it the game again for less than I sold it for - it has plummeted in price. It's very rare that I buy dlc, because as you say, that tends to be digital.

While we're on the subject of limiting choices, it seems to me that buying digital imposes the biggest limit of all. What could be more limiting than only being able to purchase from PSN and the outlets that offer digital keys, as opposed to all the stores and second-hand / private sales that are available to people who purchase physical games?

That's fine for those who want to be able to play their old games. For those who want to sell games when they are done then physical is the only way.
Yes....I sell the games I don't want to replay again because I don't want to replay them again. Guardians of the Galaxy is one such game.

Yeah, I buy a new Formula 1 game every year (two years behind because it's cheaper, so this year I bought Formula 1 2019). Once I've rinsed it, I'm done. I'll get rid of it a couple of months before Formula 1 2022 comes out, at which point I'll buy Formula 1 2020. Obviously I don't get much for them, but over the years it has added up to the more than the cost of one of those games.

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah, I buy a new Formula 1 game every year (two years behind because it's cheaper, so this year I bought Formula 1 2019). Once I've rinsed it, I'm done. I'll get rid of it a couple of months before Formula 1 2022 comes out, at which point I'll buy Formula 1 2020. Obviously I don't get much for them, but over the years it has added up to the more than the cost of one of those games.

Exactly. I own Forza Horizon 3 digitally but I'll never play it again. Wish it were a disc that I could sell or hell, even give away. Not doing me a bit of good. The corporations love that I can't sell it or give it away though.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Oh so you never been in a situation where you go to the shop for something else and you happen to just walk in a trade in store while you are at it.

Or sell something on Facebook marketplace and just sell from your door step
No, not really.

kingfey

Banned
You are still missing the point. You right now, dont like replaying the game. But the future you, would want to replay the game again. Selling the game now, will depreive your future You from playing the game.

I know you dont care, and wont care about at all, but once you hit that day, You will regret that you sold the game.

Topher

Gold Member
You are still missing the point. You right now, dont like replaying the game. But the future you, would want to replay the game again. Selling the game now, will depreive your future You from playing the game.

I know you dont care, and wont care about at all, but once you hit that day, You will regret that you sold the game.

You don't have a point. To make your point you would have to know my gaming habits, but again, you simply do not. Frankly, you are just making up this narrative of regret because fiction is all you can muster. If you can't say something factual then I guess you have to use your imagination. In this case, neither the facts or your imaginary points are valid.

The problem here is that you and others cannot grasp the concept that some don't look at gaming the same way you do.

Last edited:

alstrike

Last game on disc I bought was TLOU Remastered in 2014. Went 100% digital after that and I don't regret it one bit. When you move countries (or cities) often, the last thing you need is to haul around boxes full of games and whatnot.

Plus when you can get really cheap PSN cards everywhere (50€ credit for like 38€), then what's not to like?

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
While we're on the subject of limiting choices, it seems to me that buying digital imposes the biggest limit of all.
my 599 digital games disagrees with you. The only limit is your account ban, or store shutting down.

What could be more limiting than only being able to purchase from PSN and the outlets that offer digital keys, as opposed to all the stores and second-hand / private sales that are available to people who purchase physical games?
Stores. You right now live in a place where you can get the game easily from online. For me, I cant find the OG xbox games from gaming stores near me. The last good one was closed. So I have to buy it from ebay, and gamble with it (scam, or real).

People who have no access to getting the game from the store, will rely on online shopping. If your country doesnt get supported by online shipping, your only choice will be digital.

Both have limits. But the worst offender would be physical games. More gamers, less physical game copies. Not everyone can get super mario physical copy. Or any game, before the digital was even a thing.

I finished Ass Creed Odyssey's main game, and while I enjoyed it, I felt I had had my fill of it, so I sold it. If I ever feel like playing the dlc, I can buy it the game again for less than I sold it for - it has plummeted in price. It's very rare that I buy dlc, because as you say, that tends to be digital.
Wouldnt this defeat the point of buying the phsycial copy. Since you will sell it, then hope to buy it again, once it cheap. Wouldnt the digital edition be cheaper? Since you are getting everything packed in to 1 digital copy for cheap.

If you are going to sell the game, and rebuy it, you are kinda defeating your argument of owning a physical copy game. Some titles gets expensive over time on the disc version.

I haven't played Guardians of the Galaxy, so perhaps I'm missing some way in which it is extremely addictive. But I don't understand why you are taking as a given that he will definitely want to play it again in the future. If Topher is anything like me, he probably has a job or studying commitments, so not unlimited gaming time. And new games are released all the time, so he might well put the money he got from selling it towards a new game which grabs him even more. Even if he does buy it again, it might well be dirt cheap when he does, in which case he'll have done the smart thing by selling it and rebuying it more cheaply rather than holding onto it all the time he isn't playing it.

There has been no regret for me so far from selling the Assassins' Creed games. I did buy Black Flag again, but that was because it came out on Switch, and I was happy to have a portable version of it, so having a digital PS / XB version wouldn't have scratched that itch anyway.

kingfey

Banned
I haven't played Guardians of the Galaxy, so perhaps I'm missing some way in which it is extremely addictive. But I don't understand why you are taking as a given that he will definitely want to play it again in the future. If Topher is anything like me, he probably has a job or studying commitments, so not unlimited gaming time. And new games are released all the time, so he might well put the money he got from selling it towards a new game which grabs him even more. Even if he does buy it again, it might well be dirt cheap when he does, in which case he'll have done the smart thing by selling it and rebuying it more cheaply rather than holding onto it all the time he isn't playing it.

There has been no regret for me so far from selling the Assassins' Creed games. I did buy Black Flag again, but that was because it came out on Switch, and I was happy to have a portable version of it, so having a digital PS / XB version wouldn't have scratched that itch anyway.
Because gaming is like watching a movie. You watch it, and you toss it, when you are done. Down the line, you will have memory of it, and would want to watch it again. Its human nature. Nostalgic is why people keep their physical games.

my 599 digital games disagrees with you. The only limit is your account ban, or store shutting down.

Stores. You right now live in a place where you can get the game easily from online. For me, I cant find the OG xbox games from gaming stores near me. The last good one was closed. So I have to buy it from ebay, and gamble with it (scam, or real).

People who have no access to getting the game from the store, will rely on online shopping. If your country doesnt get supported by online shipping, your only choice will be digital.

Both have limits. But the worst offender would be physical games. More gamers, less physical game copies. Not everyone can get super mario physical copy. Or any game, before the digital was even a thing.

Wouldnt this defeat the point of buying the phsycial copy. Since you will sell it, then hope to buy it again, once it cheap. Wouldnt the digital edition be cheaper? Since you are getting everything packed in to 1 digital copy for cheap.

If you are going to sell the game, and rebuy it, you are kinda defeating your argument of owning a physical copy game. Some titles gets expensive over time on the disc version.

With your first sentence, I meant you were limiting your options regarding places where you could purchase. I didn't mean that you had a limit on the number of games you could buy.

I can agree that retro games digitally are a good thing. Certainly Harmful Park (obscure PS1 shooter) is 630 yen on PSN, and about 20,000 yen for a second-hand copy. I was discussing mostly on the basis of games which had a simultaneous digital and physical release.

I don't hope to buy Odyssey again. If I choose to, I can. I'll have made $15 or equivalent from selling it and rebuying it much later, compared to just keeping it (that would apply whether I bought the digital or the physical). It wouldn't have been cheaper to buy the digital in the first place.

As you say, some physical copies get expensive over time, which is why I always get shooters and Nintendo games physical. They hold their value well (there are some exceptions) and often appreciate in value. Isn't that a good argument for buying physical games while they're on general release?

A difference between movies and games is the time investment involved. If I want to play Ass Creed Odyssey again, it's going to take me fifty hours or more. I don't have time to put that back into games I've already played. It's not often that I watch movies again (there are exceptions - the original Star Wars trilogy) and it's certainly not a given, but it's more likely than a marathon game.

Topher

Gold Member
Last game on disc I bought was TLOU Remastered in 2014. Went 100% digital after that and I don't regret it one bit. When you move countries (or cities) often, the last thing you need is to haul around boxes full of games and whatnot.

Plus when you can get really cheap PSN cards everywhere (50€ credit for like 38€), then what's not to like?

Nothing wrong with any of that, but that's just you. You do understand not everyone is the same in this regard, right? I buy physical and resell them on eBay. Economically that works for me.

kingfey

Banned
With your first sentence, I meant you were limiting your options regarding places where you could purchase. I didn't mean that you had a limit on the number of games you could buy.

I can agree that retro games digitally are a good thing. Certainly Harmful Park (obscure PS1 shooter) is 630 yen on PSN, and about 20,000 yen for a second-hand copy. I was discussing mostly on the basis of games which had a simultaneous digital and physical release.

I don't hope to buy Odyssey again. If I choose to, I can. I'll have made $15 or equivalent from selling it and rebuying it much later, compared to just keeping it (that would apply whether I bought the digital or the physical). It wouldn't have been cheaper to buy the digital in the first place.

As you say, some physical copies get expensive over time, which is why I always get shooters and Nintendo games physical. They hold their value well (there are some exceptions) and often appreciate in value. Isn't that a good argument for buying physical games while they're on general release?

A difference between movies and games is the time investment involved. If I want to play Ass Creed Odyssey again, it's going to take me fifty hours or more. I don't have time to put that back into games I've already played. It's not often that I watch movies again (there are exceptions - the original Star Wars trilogy) and it's certainly not a given, but it's more likely than a marathon game.
It seems its a bit different for you then.

To me, physical games dont suit my life style. Big family, house full of kids, kids playing your console. You can see how bad environment is this for physical games. Its why I prefer digital, since the games are on my account. Despite, that I know, there is a limit what I can do with my digital games.

That is why there is pros and cons for each.

Yeah, nobody sane would argue that both have their benefits and drawbacks. It's surprising how polarizing this topic becomes.

Here in Japan the second-hand market is massive. A shop near me has games for just about every console ever released in Japan (and even gets the occasional game for consoles which weren't). Some of them are in astonishingly good condition for their age. But pretty much every PS4 ever released is widely available for quite a bit cheaper than the retail release.

If you don't like stores, or have no decent ones in the area, the draw of digital is higher, of course.

Anyway, I know that physical is eventually going to go the way of the dodo, at which point I guess I'll be buying fewer games and choosing them much more carefully.

Flutta

Banned
Compared to you, his games are forever on that system, until they stop using PlayStation store.

Your physcal games gets scratched, and all those hassle of breaking accidentally, kids breaking it, or losing it.

Each have its pros and cons.

For me, digital is much better, because I can get complete edition for cheap. I am not early adopter. I wait until the game is fully patched, with all its dlc. Something you dont find in the physical version.

What does that even mean? People have physical collections that are older than PS store, Xbox store steam etc is that
”forever” enough for you?

In your case its ”forever” untill the real owners of your games decide to shutdown the servers or ban your stupid ”account” that you think is yours🤣.

Kids? Scratched disk? I mean if you dont know how to take care of your stuff then thats on you. Now compare that to having an account full of games being hacked🙃

Weak points….

I'm thinking about buying a copy off a pawn shop for dirt cheap just to prove a point.

:messenger_winking_tongue:

RDR2 for 15$ seems pretty tempting. Plus the shop has a guarantee on those disks.

A lot of people mention re-selling games but that’s just renting with extra steps is it not? Wouldn’t a full on Gamepass competitor do well on Sony machines?

Anyhow I have a DE PS5 as I foolishly thought the digital sales would be decent but the result is I’ve bought almost zero third party games on PS5. Maybe it will change in the future but if you buy a lot of games it won’t take long until the DE costs you more than the full fat boyo.

Digital is actually doable day one on XSX thanks to reward points and the fact keys can be purchased from places like cd-keys. I often end up paying less than the best physical price on day one. Again maybe this will change in the future.

EDMIX

Sackboy 'on sale' digitally for £53.

Bought it for £18 on eBay last week.

sure thing cool story bro GIF by Captain Obvious

lol I'M SAYING!

I'm NEVER going all digital if disk still exist as an option. I can always buy it cheaper online used when I feel like playing a game I like vs waiting for some sale or worrying about a game being pulled etc.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If only ps5 use my full 600mbit… but it uses 200. Downloading anything takes forever.
but I would be physical anyway.
it’s nice that with digital it’s easy to have all these free games

Esppiral

As a PS5 owner I find insulting the prices of PSN, of course I prefer boxed I have bought games boxed that are cheaper than the same games digital even on discount.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nobody is worked on it. Physical game players always scream that their preferred method is better. Just look at this thread.

Always downplaying the value of digital games. Like hello, where is the summer sales? Where is the complete edition sales?

Even worst that physical games have that V1 data, before the day1 patch.
Having the disc v1 version can be pretty interesting sometimes.
Lol and physical games get discounts too you know? Even outside of used market.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
OK, can you explain how buying physical is "limiting your choices", as you put it?

Interesting about environmental impact.
I wonder what is worse… running download servers 24/7 or keeping a disc on shelf. Of course disc factory also uses power.
But I do not think disc have much impact on environment. Games never end on landfill. Someone always will collect even the worst games.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

I can list more.

Forza horizon 2

Forza horizon 3

Physical games don’t have versions?
What is that bloodborne patched goty edition on my shelf with dlc included.
Digital games you own don’t get delisted but it can happen. These games are kept on someone else’s server

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Then he will rebuy the game for 4 fucking dollars what’s the big deal?
Not like dlc ever changed anyone opinion about a game.
you are acting like you cannot get disc games after selling them.
if such an unimaginable and rare occurrence happens… that dlc is so amazing he wants to replay the game, there is nothing stopping him

Interesting about environmental impact.
I wonder what is worse… running download servers 24/7 or keeping a disc on shelf. Of course disc factory also uses power.
But I do not think disc have much impact on environment. Games never end on landfill. Someone always will collect even the worst games.

With disks as opposed to carts I suppose people are more likely to keep the boxes to stop the disk getting scratched.

The environment impact comes from producing the disk and its case and then transporting it to the point of sale.

I've no idea how much it is, but as someone who prefers physical I don't mind conceding that particular point when a supporter of digital brings it up. I suspect that digital does win on that one.

Jingo

Digital only is for "rich" people or those who only play one game per year ( Cod, fortnite,fifa)

Its insane to think people dont mind Sony controling the digital place all by herself and do the insane prices they do, this black friday is a good example.

I just bought guardians of the galaxy and returnal for almost 80 euros.

If i had to buy them in the psn store right now i would spend more than 100 euros!!!

All this without the option of borrowing, selling it or trade it.

Like i said , digital its a commodety, for rich or cod only players.

Actually, the existence of the Switch has meant that I do rebuy more games now, and I'm happier than ever about physical.

Take the Spyro trilogy. I bought that for PS4. Then, to my surprise, it came out on Switch. I decided that sort of game was perfect for a handheld, and as the Switch version was just as good as the PlayStation one, I sold the PS4 one and put the cash towards the Switch version.

Had I bought it digitally on PS4, I'd now be stuck with a useless copy of it, as the Switch version is perfectly good for TV and portable play.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Ps5 uk owner here and only buying disk games. Own demons souls, miles, returnal on disk.

bought ratchet and after plat in one weekend traded it in.
I think the data here is bullshit but I’m much more inclined to buy a boxed game and trade it in On PlayStation due to the nature of their games.

I only have so much time so once completed they are traded, if I then feel like I want to touch the game again I’ll buy it digital in a sale much later.

KAL2006

Banned
I mean, I get it, I have sold games a couple of times before that I just didn't like, I did that with Monster Hunter for example. But those 10 games, it's over a period of time of what? A year? Then I also lose access to that game.

And honestly, 250 dollars a year...is not a big deal for me. I know how it comes across, but it really isn't.

250 isn't a big deal for me either but I'm qiute frugal with my money. I'm not broke or anything have a good paying job, mortgage paid off and just over 30, I just don't like being ripped off and wasting money for no apparent reason, rather that money go towards my family or save for something else I want. So I assume if Sony charged an additional 250 for PS Plus online or to have a PS5 you would be okay with that as it's just 250 a year.

Azurro

Banned
250 isn't a big deal for me either but I'm qiute frugal with my money. I'm not broke or anything have a good paying job, mortgage paid off and just over 30, I just don't like being ripped off and wasting money for no apparent reason, rather that money go towards my family or save for something else I want. So I assume if Sony charged an additional 250 for PS Plus online or to have a PS5 you would be okay with that as it's just 250 a year.

That's awesome about the mortgage, congrats! I didn't mean to accuse you of being broke. What I'm trying to say is that the work involved in creating the listing, negotiating, arranging the meeting and so on is too much work, considering my salary, for only 25 dollars and you also lose access to that game.

I'm not going to get rid of Demon's Souls or RE8 for 25 bucks man. :)

Last edited:
i can't take people seriously who buy physical games. i look forward to when consoles are all digital and you have no option but to buy digitally. the sooner MS/Sony abandon the disc drive the better.
Less choices are better right? This "logic" makes no sense.

I can't take people seriously who buy digital games.

You get a box can unpack the game. It's like Christmas every time.
You can sell the game borrow It to a friend.
Makes no sense If physical and digital cost the same to chose digital.

Top Bottom