• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

astro.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm happy for Mark Ass. I really only watch his videos when I give any shit about new mobile devices to see which one I might want or to check on the state of folding phones, ect.

But tbh his PS5 unboxing felt a little lazy. You can tell it's just not his area of expertise with a few bits of info he could have googled before making the video. He did this quickly and it shows compared to the thought and care that goes into this other videos.

I like the guy, I trust his words. But as you said, his PS5 one wasn't that good. But to be 1# on youtube, he might review his priorities now!

Mr Hyde

Playstation is killing it. 60 % profit is bonkers along with 45 million PS+ subs. And record setting pre-orders going in next gen with several high profile AAA games at launch.

Three weeks to launch. Can you feel the hype? It's really close now, holy shit, this coming gen is gonna be a beast. So many good games on the horizon its ridiculous.

I hope you (and me) can secure a pre-order so we can meet together at launch fellow PS bros and gals.

Imagine being in the showcase for a taste of PS5, insane visibility. Hopefully they will also deliver, Greg Miller preview was actually decent and my girl got intrigued

Its one of those games im Interested in, but probably not enough to make a purchase. Likewise, I hope this REALLY takes the devs to the top. Speaks volumes that Sony have them day one on Next Gen over others.

I don’t get the towards this game. It’s a videogame, let’s wait and see if it’s a good one or not.

Think people were ironically jumping on board as it was in among MM, Godfall and other big names and it just snowballed from there. Good luck to them either way.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Connect. Discover. Control. Chat with friends, get the latest gaming news, and download games to your PS4 or PS5™ console via the official PlayStation companion app.

Find out more:

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Connect. Discover. Control. Chat with friends, get the latest gaming news, and download games to your PS4 or PS5™ console via the official PlayStation companion app.

Find out more:

I hope this is fully native now? Sony's overreliance on webviews in the 8th gen was a bit of an annoyance.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Since CP2077 has been pushed back, what games is everybody looking forward to playing in November? It shouldn't affect us at least as we have new exclusive PS5 only games coming out to look forward to.

I don’t even feel like it’s much of a loss, given that the next-gen update for console was always going to arrive next year. No way I was ever going to play the watered-down version, just available for the new consoles.

Neo Blaster

I don’t even feel like it’s much of a loss, given that the next-gen update for console was always going to arrive next year. No way I was ever going to play the watered-down version, just available for the new consoles.
Yep, it's like they announced gold, then remembered they must launch the game on current gen too. I already wasn't that interested, and will definitely wait for the next gen proper versions to decide.

Memes aside, being on Plus day one can be quite a boost, just remember what happened to Rocket League and Fall Guys.

Bugsnax shows a lot of potential amongst kids if it has multiplayer, my son plays Fall guys non-stop.
Kids? Won't get the wife of the damn thing between this, Astro Bot and Sackboy. After mentioning in another thread about the lack of cutsy games, thats now 3 on release day. Which is good. Sony seemed to have steered away from this in the past, but now is the time to embrace it a bit more IMO, especially with consoles now becoming a family oriented staple in the living room more and more.

Zadom

6800 XT is PS5's future PS5 Pro method, 36x36=72CU. And it has 20.74TF (halved is 10.37TF) and 128 ROPs (halved is 64 ROPs):

Something similar on 5nm-3nm should work perfectly ;)
I don’t know if I want there to be a PS5 pro. I got a ps4 pro and it brought the resolution up on a lot of games but not that big a difference for buying a new console. It was good for when you go to 4K tv. Games designed for regular ps4 and just got bumped up. Resolution seems like it won’t be the problem this gen with the upscaling techniques.

If they make a PS5 pro I will probably buy it just because I hate feeling like I am playing low tier version of games. But I want to go back to one console per generation and the developers just keep maxing it out like Naughty Dog.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I don’t know if I want there to be a PS5 pro. I got a ps4 pro and it brought the resolution up on a lot of games but not that big a difference for buying a new console. It was good for when you go to 4K tv. Games designed for regular ps4 and just got bumped up. Resolution seems like it won’t be the problem this gen with the upscaling techniques.

If they make a PS5 pro I will probably buy it just because I hate feeling like I am playing low tier version of games. But I want to go back to one console per generation and the developers just keep maxing it out like Naughty Dog.

I'll buy PS5 Pro day one :)

Top Bottom