• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Bryank75

Banned
I would rather they put their money someplace else and let Kojima do his own thing, MGSV was one of the most overrated games I have ever played and I had no interest in Death Stranding, it didn't seem to do all that well either so I think that would be enough to have Sony hold back on furthering that relationship.
I understand many people didn't like either, I forced myself through MGSV and felt it was not as good as any of the previous MGS games but I did really love Death Stranding despite some overly long cutscenes.

I think expecting every game to be a smash success is not really fair on a creator, so I would definitely be of the mind to give him another go at it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

This may be disappointing news for some of you who were looking to play the game at launch, but we hope you understand the decision. For those of you that have already pre-ordered the game, be it via PlayStation Store, PlayStation.com, or at retail, your purchase will be refunded.

Yes, now this is a MASSIVE title for PS5!

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Regarding what John Linneman said about both consoles not supporting Dolby Vision for 4k UHD Blu-ray, do you think that applies to streaming services too? I already watch Netflix with DV on my LG CX, but I'd really like to use the PS5 app so I can use Pulse 3D for audio.

Stooky

Regarding what John Linneman said about both consoles not supporting Dolby Vision for 4k UHD Blu-ray, do you think that applies to streaming services too? I already watch Netflix with DV on my LG CX, but I'd really like to use the PS5 app so I can use Pulse 3D for audio.
PS5 and XSX will pass DV to your tv to decode. They would have had to add the dv chip to the system, I see it as a cost thing.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
When do we think there will be official news on additional SSD storage options? Probably just want 1tb - do I need a heat sink? Best brands to buy etc?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I never played God of War, but I do own it. I'll hold off until I get my ps5. Do they clarify if it will run in 4k as well with 60fps?

So far it's the less visually pleasing framerates mode. Here is an example on PS4 Pro:

Still looks much better than some so-called next gen games.

EDIT: Changed the video. Trunim Trunim

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Take your first look at WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship running on PlayStation 5 at 60 frames-per-second and a dynamic 4K resolution.

WRC 9 will be available when PlayStation 5 launches, from November 12.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Sorry if already answered someplace....

I have a PS4 Pro now with a few games in progress (Crash 4, Ghosts of Tsushima, and Crosscode). Will i be able to (if i dont finish them all first) download those games to my PS5, and will my PS4 save i have now work on the PS5 and allow me to continue, or is compatibility with PS4 titles only based on if you start a new save on the PS5?

DrDamn

I have a PS4 Pro now with a few games in progress (Crash 4, Ghosts of Tsushima, and Crosscode). Will i be able to (if i dont finish them all first) download those games to my PS5, and will my PS4 save i have now work on the PS5 and allow me to continue, or is compatibility with PS4 titles only based on if you start a new save on the PS5?

That should be fine if you upload your saves from the PS4Pro and download to PS5. This is because you will be playing the games via backward compatibility, i.e. the PS4 game on your PS5. The question marks are more when moving from a PS4 version of a game to a PS5 version.

yurinka

Yes, you will be able to download and play these games on PS5 for free if you had them digitally on PS4. If you had them on disc you'll need to put the disc on the PS5 to play them, so make sure you buy the PS5 with disc drive.

Regarding the savedata, you can move it from your PS4 to your PS5 via USB external storage (like a pendrive or USB external HDD), via direct wifi connection or if you have PS+, via cloud save storage.

This is the same for all PS4 and PSVR that aren't one of these 10 games included in the list: you can use your PS4 savedata on PS5 while using them on BC mode.

But there are some games that are crossgen or got a remaster, so they have a native PS5 version. In these cases, it's up to the devs if they implement or not the PS4 to PS5 savedata import. If they do it (as it is the case in most games), you'll be able to use your PS4 savedata both in the PS4 BC version of the game and in the PS5 native version of the game. If they don't implement it, you'll be able to use your PS4 savedata in the PS4 BC version only, so the PS5 native version will have a different/separate progress.

The only 2 big games I remember that don't allow you to import your PS4 progress to their PS5 native version are Spider-Man (PS4) to Spider-Man Remastered (PS5) and Yakuza Like a Dragon. All the other crossgen games like Spider-Man Miles Morales or Sackboy will allow you to import your PS4 savedata to their PS5 native version. A couple of sports games only will import the progress in specific game modes.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Yes, you will be able to download and play these games on PS5 for free if you had them digitally on PS4. If you had them on disc you'll need to put the disc on the PS5 to play them, so make sure you buy the PS5 with disc drive.

Regarding the savedata, you can move it from your PS4 to your PS5 via USB external storage (like a pendrive or USB external HDD), via direct wifi connection or if you have PS+, via cloud save storage.

This is the same for all PS4 and PSVR that aren't one of these 10 games included in the list: you can use your PS4 savedata on PS5 while using them on BC mode.

But there are some games that are crossgen or got a remaster, so they have a native PS5 version. In these cases, it's up to the devs if they implement or not the PS4 to PS5 savedata import. If they do it (as it is the case in most games), you'll be able to use your PS4 savedata both in the PS4 BC version of the game and in the PS5 native version of the game. If they don't implement it, you'll be able to use your PS4 savedata in the PS4 BC version only, so the PS5 native version will have a different/separate progress.

The only 2 big games I remember that don't allow you to import your PS4 progress to their PS5 native version are Spider-Man (PS4) to Spider-Man Remastered (PS5) and Yakuza Like a Dragon. All the other crossgen games like Spider-Man Miles Morales or Sackboy will allow you to import your PS4 savedata to their PS5 native version. A couple of sports games only will import the progress in specific game modes.

Thank you to you and DrDamn for the responses. That was my one excuse to hold off on PS5 (thinking maybe my in progress saves wouldnt carry over) lol but i guess that's that!! Now i gotta see if the planets will align and i can actually get my hands on a system lol

Shifty1897

But how do I get a PS5 if I refuse to pay scalper prices and don't want to spend Thanksgiving outside waiting overnight for "capitalism on its worst behavior" day?

Last edited:

beanman25

Question. I've never had multiple large charges for electronics like this in 2 days time. (have both consoles preordered). Should I call my bank and give them a heads up, to avoid any issues?

Question. I've never had multiple large charges for electronics like this in 2 days time. (have both consoles preordered). Should I call my bank and give them a heads up, to avoid any issues?

I don't think it would hurt to give them a heads up, especially if you've preordered from store's you don't frequent.

mitchman

Gold Member
You don't have the cash ready?
American banks and cc companies are super paranoid about fraud on credit cards, so they will seemingly randomly block transactions they don't like. A friend of mine is filthy rich and he keeps having to call them to make them unlock his cards because he's used them somewhere outside his state or something. Never seen such paranoia here in Europe, though.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
American banks and cc companies are super paranoid about fraud on credit cards, so they will seemingly randomly block transactions they don't like. A friend of mine is filthy rich and he keeps having to call them to make them unlock his cards because he's used them somewhere outside his state or something. Never seen such paranoia here in Europe, though.

Yeah here is the limit for ATM is 1000 OMR ($2600) then you have to call them to pull as much cash as you want. But for online never heard of such a thing.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I could listen to that guy all day. Thanks for posting that, subbed for the future.

I have to say, the graphical hit is enormous at 4K@120Hz for X900H, I hope they fix it, or probably it's beyond the X1 processor powers to keep up. Samsung looks taller with slightly more vision up and down and less on the sides compared to CX and X900H, strange thing and not sure why the measurement isn't universal. Samsung performance is pretty bad in blooming considering it's 4x times the local dimming of X900H, and overall image doesn't look good. I was surprised though of how close X900H looks compared to CX.

I might skip X900H and wait for another year if by early 2021 Sony announces X950I* to have HDMI 2.1 full support.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm happy for Mark Ass. I really only watch his videos when I give any shit about new mobile devices to see which one I might want or to check on the state of folding phones, ect.

But tbh his PS5 unboxing felt a little lazy. You can tell it's just not his area of expertise with a few bits of info he could have googled before making the video. He did this quickly and it shows compared to the thought and care that goes into this other videos.

I'm happy for Mark Ass. I really only watch his videos when I give any shit about new mobile devices to see which one I might want or to check on the state of folding phones, ect.

But tbh his PS5 unboxing felt a little lazy. You can tell it's just not his area of expertise with a few bits of info he could have googled before making the video. He did this quickly and it shows compared to the thought and care that goes into this other videos.

Well at least he wasn't as bad as Linus with that DualSense video.

Top Bottom