• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Reficul

I make the analogy to PS4 Pro patches, are they applied to games installed on base PS4? I don't think so, then it would make more sense to apply enhancement patches just when the game is installed on PS5.
i am pretty sure Pro patches are applied to the normal PS4 version too (since they are same executable), but options and performances are hidden/selected based on what profile is running it (PS4 or Pro)
Does anyone know how this works? I thought the ps4 games would get patches and the hardware would decide what modes would be available.

1.jpg

Perrott

Gold Member

London Studio's new engine? The studio has a team that wasn't involved with Blood & Truth/Erica and since 2017 has been working on something for console (not VR). Last year, a former developer who worked on The Getaway back in the day said that he has heard from his colleagues at Sony that something The Getaway related was in the works.

Guess what was the name of the Sony studio behind The Getaway before the merger with Camden Studio which resulted in the creation London Studio? Team Soho.

Neo Blaster

eWz3Igk.png

Not seeing anything about Dolby Vision, do you think they would mention it there? Really hoping for PS5 to support it, that's all I need to make it my main media center.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
eWz3Igk.png

Not seeing anything about Dolby Vision, do you think they would mention it there? Really hoping for PS5 to support it, that's all I need to make it my main media center.

Are they having some beef with Dolby? They're using DTS HD 7.1 instead of the proprietary Dolby Atmos for example. That Dolby Audio is probably a free open-source version. Read about it, it's toe-to-toe with Dolby Atmos:

He didn't get the controller from Sony, he bought it. He doesn't have the console, he's only riding the hype train. No freebies for those MS shills. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

I cringed when he called them rumble motors, like isn't this dude some tech youtuber. Is it that hard for him to do the research and explain this isn't you run of the mill rumble and how voice coil actuators in the triggers are a game changer. He could've done so much more, guess he's a Shill as you point it out!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Today, we’re excited to announce Travis Scott has joined the PlayStation family as a strategic creative partner. We heard Travis is a huge PlayStation fan, so we started a conversation with him that led to this unique partnership. Through our mutual passion for gaming and creativity, we plan on collaborating with Travis and his Cactus Jack brand to produce innovative projects that we hope will delight our collective fans. Read more here:

Last edited:

bitbydeath

So we should find out what’s in PS+ for November next week.

Any guesses what the PS5 title might be if included?

I’m hoping for Destruction AllStars. Although I believe PS4 had started out with Indies.

Grinchy

Banned
Can't wait to hear what you think of the enhanced Jumping Flash collection from PS1 at double the resolution and framerate of what it achieved 25 years ago!

Seriously though, I need some real gameplay footage of Destruction Allstars and Godfall. For Godfall, I wanna see what's going on when you're not in an area slashing enemies.

So we should find out what’s in PS+ for November next week.

Any guesses what the PS5 title might be if included?

I’m hoping for Destruction AllStars. Although I believe PS4 had started out with Indies.

Maybe BugsSnax and Goodbye Volcano High if they start off with just indies.

P.S No I'm not joking.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Stooky

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
If I have a disc version of GoW and sell it with my PS4, will my save transition to the ps5 digital version?

I surely hope so because I plan to get rid of a bunch of PS4 stuff.

Top Bottom