• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 |LAUNCH OT| No limits

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Tremendous thread, nothing about the PS5 is confusing, as much as I love innovation and risks you could make the case that SONY continuing a lot of what made them great is the best case.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
4lyyaw.jpg

Bryank75

Banned
Just an fyi...
GameSpot: There was a report recently from Bloomberg, which said that "several Japan-based devs have been approached about acquisitions." Is there any truth to that?
Phil Spencer: "(Laughs.) I don't think so. We're usually not out there---I say I don't think so because I'm not in every meeting that every team has---but I'll say not from me. You know, most of the opportunities we've had to date have been a long-lasting relationship. And so I don't think we're out there with our business cards, throwing them out on the corner trying to find people. I've talked about my affinity for Japanese studios and thinking to back in the day when we had more games that were created in Japan as part of our first-party. I'm excited when the deal closes to get to spend more time with Tango and the work that they're doing, so it's an area that I'm interested in, but no, I think that's not accurate."

So, no worries about losing any big devs from Japan for now...

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Having to wait an extra week in the UK sucks because even though I'm there 'day one' it's not really day one, it's the fake day one :messenger_sad_relieved:

It's also gonna be weird staring at my copy of Demon's Souls for a week.

That being said, I'm exciting to be there for another console launch and PS5 is looking to be a strong launch as well :messenger_bicep:

Bryank75

Banned
How widespread are these external HD rest mode issues that Karak Karak and Yong brought up? Should I wait for a firmware update or two before plugging in my external SSD?
I believe it is to do with rest mode (While playing Spider-man remastered)... so just do a full powerdown when finished and avoid rest. I'm not going to use an external storage, I'll wait for the SSD's that fit in the expansion bay.

Either way I am sure firmware updates will sort it out pretty soon, now that they are aware.

inflation

I started 3 different live chats on Bestbuy, each of them told me there will be limited quantities on midnight.

For Canadian folks, someone posts this on nowinstock.com. Worth trying

Last edited:
I'm sure it's been stated, but for those getting rid of their PS4, please remember to initialize the damn system beforehand. The last thing you need is a surprise after spending over $500

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone know if the ghosts of Tsushima or days gone patches are gonna be ready tomorrow
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that these games got pre-patched. So basically the PS4 versions have the code in them from their latest patches to allow the framerate to unlock when a PS5 is running them.

Malakhov

Banned
So you're saying if I wait until Christmas to open my PS5 and activate my plus membership, I won't be able to download games from the collection?
Yeah november games will be gone sadly unless they extend these games for December which would be the right thing to do

Last edited:

dorkimoe

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that these games got pre-patched. So basically the PS4 versions have the code in them from their latest patches to allow the framerate to unlock when a PS5 is running them.
Great. Thank you

ebevan91

I'm not interested in any of the launch games and I already have some of the recent releases on PC but I'm still getting a PS5 from Walmart tomorrow because I can afford it completely on gift cards I've received.

Top Bottom