• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Physical editions confirmed for METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION Vol.1

Pre-orders are up.
Got it for £48 👍
Apparently those will be available separately for £16 each digitally minus the extra content

Never fucking ever preorder.🙄😠😡
Most likely this will be a technical trainwreck and a cheap cash grab.

I will wait for a technical analysis of each game before I even consider buying this.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I will wait for a technical analysis of each game before I even consider buying this.

They're using the excellent Blue Point conversions as base, I think they're gonna be fine

(that being said, I am also not pre-ordering).

radewagon

Nah. I think I'll just pre-order it anyway. Most remasters are safe bets. You have the odd man out like Silent Hill HD that completely ruins the titles but, for the most part, Remasters are typically better than the original releases. How much better is usually a point of contention and often times results in claims of lazy remastering, but, at the end of the day, they are still objectively better than the original releases.

VulcanRaven

They're using the excellent Blue Point conversions as base, I think they're gonna be fine

(that being said, I am also not pre-ordering).
I hope they have fixed issues in those HD versions. Splitter face paint still had the low resolution PS2 texture. It looks very bad compared to others so I'm suprised it was never patched. Also the intro music is out of sync.

Last edited:

Porticus

Switch has really been a last bastion of "I like to own my games" collectors for a lot of people like us, and publishers know this. It's why companies like Limited Run popped up, or why play-asia has a region of physical copies that have english versions available...but then you have companies pull this shit as if it's not a big deal. It defeats the purpose for a lot of Switch owners when you force a download.

I'm sorry to break your bubble but digital trump physical specially for a portable system.

Deerock71

The lone UPSIDE to the required download for physical is you'll never see the 'checking if software can be played' message once that shit is done. However, it will be awful for the future.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I wonder what resolution we can expect on Xbox Series S? It needs to be 1440p 60fps at least.

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member

The games look no better than they do on a PS2 emulator, how does this justify the high cost to people that aren't hardcore MGS fans?

Top Bottom