• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

METAL GEAR SOLID Master Collection Vol.1 won’t support keyboard & mouse on PC

Draugoth

Gold Member
Yesterday, Konami announced that Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 will release on PC on October 24th. However, it appears that this collection requires a controller, and it won’t officially support keyboard and mouse.

Konami launched – and then took down – the official Steam store page of the collection. And as the Steam page states.

“Notice: METAL GEAR SOLID – Master Collection Version requires a controller in order to play. Playing with a keyboard and mouse isn’t supported.”

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Good, Mouse and keyboard are for work and productivity not playing games.
this so fucking much,
what idiot decided a keyboard is in any way usable for gaming the only thing worthwhile is a mouse for input with fps games.

one-handed-gaming-keyboard.png

even pc hardware manufactures like razer thought it was fucking dumb

Topher

Gold Member
this so fucking much,
what idiot decided a keyboard is in any way usable for gaming the only thing worthwhile is a mouse for input with fps games.

Kb&m are completely usable in the vast majority of games and for a massive number of PC gamers, it is the preferred control scheme beyond anything else. You guys not caring for it really doesn't apply to anyone but yourself.

Skifi28

Doesn't look good for the PC port if they couldn't even be bothered with the controls. I guess I know where I'm buying it then.

Roni

Gold Member
Lol, if this lands on PC without M&K support it will be hilarious and fitting for Konami.

Last edited:

poodaddy

What does this even mean in this context?
It means he's not worth conversing with.

Bummer man. I know a lot of people prefer to play with mouse and keyboard and really find controllers difficult to use, as they didn't grow up using them. A buddy of mine literally can't use a controller hardly, but he loves gaming. Not including mouse support leaves out an entire demographic of people, and that's not cool. I prefer controller anyway, but its just absolutely stupid to not support both control methods.

HTK

Banned
Meh, these games are designed to be played on a controller. Not a big loss, honestly.
Maybe so but if you're bringing to a Platform that primarily plays on Mouse and Keyboard you would think it would be wise to include it in. It's a no brainer and we shouldn't make excuses for them.

Thabass

Maybe so but if you're bringing to a Platform that primarily plays on Mouse and Keyboard you would think it would be wise to include it in. It's a no brainer and we shouldn't make excuses for them.
Eh, even so, PC gives players a choice and for Metal Gear Solid games, I would choose controller over KB/M 100% of the time. It is VERY awkward to play with a KB/M config for this type of game. Though, I understand where you come from.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Imagine how good a korean starcraft players could get with proper controls?

A 5 year old can beat them with a ps1 controller 🥲

Last edited:

The Stig

Trying to play MGS2 with mouse and keyboard sounds about as enjoyable as being kicked in the nuts.
This.

While not adding M+KB support IS lazy (and shame on you, Konami) I don't really care. I think I maybe could play the first MGS with M+KB (it would suck though) but MGS2 and 3 would be an absolute shitshow and not fun at all.

I applaud those of you that want to play these games with M+KB for coming out as the masochists you truly are.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So true. M/kb might be great for FPS, hex sim, RTS, puzzle games or anything that has a lot of drag and drop needed. But what about sports, fighting games, racers, third person action games? The seem to fit perfect with a gamepad (unless someone has a steering wheel).

Last edited:
This.

While not adding M+KB support IS lazy (and shame on you, Konami) I don't really care. I think I maybe could play the first MGS with M+KB (it would suck though) but MGS2 and 3 would be an absolute shitshow and not fun at all.

I applaud those of you that want to play these games with M+KB for coming out as the masochists you truly are.
MGS2 is so mechanically precise I'm dreading even not having pressure sensitive buttons.

TrebleShot

Sticks are for controlling helicopters, not playing games.
Didn't work out so well for the titanic submarine.
Seriously though M/KB is genuinely designed for productivity and work.

Gaming is a leisure activity and it should be as easy as possible and not require a desk or something to lean on.
Should be able to kick back nd chill with a controller with nice immersive haptics/rumble and ease of use in mind.

I couldn't imagine for one second hunched over a desk "relaxing" and enjoying a game for 20 mins or an hour, it sounds like something you'd have to really invest time into, sitting against a monitor etc.

My PC is hooked up to my tv along side my PS5 and id rather wrangle with controller methods on desktop/playnite than use a mouse n kb.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
this so fucking much,

How as there is a keyboard there?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Didn't work out so well for the titanic submarine.
Seriously though M/KB is genuinely designed for productivity and work.

Gaming is a leisure activity and it should be as easy as possible and not require a desk or something to lean on.
Should be able to kick back nd chill with a controller with nice immersive haptics/rumble and ease of use in mind.

I couldn't imagine for one second hunched over a desk "relaxing" and enjoying a game for 20 mins or an hour, it sounds like something you'd have to really invest time into, sitting against a monitor etc.

My PC is hooked up to my tv along side my PS5 and id rather wrangle with controller methods on desktop/playnite than use a mouse n kb.
I lay on a mattress with "lap boarded" keyboard +mouse. Lol at desks and couches.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Well, there goes my hopes of these ports being more than a cash grab, I guess. Fingers crossed they run well on the Steam Deck at least...

Top Bottom