• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Physical editions confirmed for METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION Vol.1

Draugoth

Gold Member

FzVEF-zaIAIp4_6

YCoCg

Yes but when are we going to get some actual details on these versions? Are they running in 4k now? Or are they all just previous ports being upscaled?

They're on disc, just not on a cart :messenger_beaming:

IMO still better than Sony's HD Collections template for PS3 in EU

METAL-GEAR-SOLID-HD-COLLECTION-MGS-1-4-GRY-PS3
Idk about that, but I was lucky enough a year go to snag a new copy of MGS Legacy Collection which looks nicer than this one in my opinion. It also comes with MGS4 and the MG games (PSN redeem codes).

m7qfmyqggbca1.jpg

Not my picture, but cba don't snag a pic of my copy. Will still probably pick vol 1 but I'm undecided between PS5 and Switch.

RespawnX

How about making a fucking reasonable game instead of the ... 4th (?) rerelease of 20 year old games.

Shouldn't take lake until this lands into game pass and plus collection.

Impotaku

Damn, that is so important to know. I wanted this on Switch.. guess not going to happen. Why even put 2 gigs on the card? Why bother with faux physical release bullshit?
Guessing that's the cheapest cart they can get away with bigger capacity costs more a few devs are super fucking cheap with pulling this stunt if they really don't want to do it proeprly let one of the limited physical companies do it instead. I won't buy any release no matter how bad if they pull this shitty trick.

Same as those shitty code in a box releases i mean why bother?

Least Konami didn't pull this shit with getsu fuumaden undying moon coming out very soon.

Guessing that's the cheapest cart they can get away with bigger capacity costs more a few devs are super fucking cheap with pulling this stunt if they really don't want to do it proeprly let one of the limited physical companies do it instead. I won't buy any release no matter how bad if they pull this shitty trick.

Same as those shitty code in a box releases i mean why bother?

Least Konami didn't pull this shit with getsu fuumaden undying moon coming out very soon.
This annoys me to no end. I don't even know why Nintendo allows these publishers to ship empty boxes with codes in them. Such waste of plastic smh.

Power Pro

I am so tired of this "download most of the game" for physical versions on Switch. 32gb carts exist for the platform, it would fit on a friggin' cart. Spend the extra pennies ffs. This isn't charity, i want to buy and own my product, not have it tied to a fucking server somewhere.

They do this shit so much with switch games, yet it's also the one platform with the least amount of available storage. I have a 512gb sd card, and I buy mainly physical games only, and even with that being the case...I don't have enough space on my 512gb sd card for everything I own. Let that sink in. I buy physical games mainly, and even my pretty large storage is not enough space because so many fucking games force you to download shit.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Pre-orders are up.
Got it for £48 👍
Apparently those will be available separately for £16 each digitally minus the extra content

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Now to decided if I get the PS5 or Xbox version.

At this point I think it's just a matter of which controller you prefer. Neither of the new consoles have pressure sensitive buttons so the game play will be the same.

Power Pro

God this is so lame. I have a huge switch physical collection but I refuse to buy these games that are only partly on a cart and the rest is a download. PS5 version it is
Switch has really been a last bastion of "I like to own my games" collectors for a lot of people like us, and publishers know this. It's why companies like Limited Run popped up, or why play-asia has a region of physical copies that have english versions available...but then you have companies pull this shit as if it's not a big deal. It defeats the purpose for a lot of Switch owners when you force a download.

Last edited:
Top Bottom