• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

MonarchJT

Banned
I think at this point it is legitimate for Gamepass to take possession of this gif

d91.gif

CAB_Life

Gamepass will be huge for this game. It was half-destined for obscurity beforehand. Now they'll have a Remnant style cult classic on their hands.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I just played through the prologue and a bit of the demo's campaign. I haven't tried multiplayer or anything. For those who have, is this one of those "better with friends" kinda things?

It feels like Destiny and Gears of War had a baby. So will there be like raids or strike like content? Have the devs given any hint as to the endgame?

I went with the Trickster first. Blade power is...kinda OP honestly and the slow aura thingy is right up my alley. I'll try some others later.

So far my take on the game is better than the impression I got from watching the stream.

Last edited:

AGRacing

I played the demo for about 2+ hours so far...

If you're about the game mechanics or control feel first... not a big "art style" person. You might like it. If not immediately.... eventually. It takes a minute to show you what it's trying to be gameplay-wise.

If you need to care about the world first and then get interested in the gameplay after that pulls you in ... I doubt you'll stick around. I am in this camp.

I heard davidjaffe davidjaffe once talking about a game demanding your attention before it proves itself interesting to play... (or something along those lines). For me this game is very guilty of that.

Played on Series X.

I just played through the prologue and a bit of the demo's campaign. I haven't tried multiplayer or anything. For those who have, is this one of those "better with friends" kinda things?

It feels like Destiny and Gears of War had a baby. So will there be like raids or strike like content? Have the devs given any hint as to the endgame?

I went with the Trickster first. Blade power is...kinda OP honestly and the slow aura thingy is right up my alley. I'll try some others later.

So far my take on the game is better than the impression I got from watching the stream.

it’s definitely better in co-op. Combo abilities/class synergies start to shine in World Tier 5 especially

Shmunter

Did a random matchmake and immediately felt less crispness, a degree of latency was at play. Quickly went back to single.

Hoping it was a one off and not a sign of poor NetCode implementation. Ymmv.

Shmunter Shmunter it has universal crossplay, all platforms can play with each other, so I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some network issues, especially at launch, that I would expect get ironed out

Still a much better co-op game than solo, IMO

I didn’t play a whole lot of the demo but the story and dialogue seemed interesting and the gameplay was alright. The abysmal frame pacing in the cutscenes with the added camera shake made it so bad it could be used as a form of torture though, so hopefully they at least fix that by release.

Great get for Gamepass as a whole.

Last edited:
Nice get for Xbox Gamepass. But...where is the PC version, Phil?

Thank you for buying our games, PC gamers, but you won't get some games on GamePass.

Yes, you're welcome, Phil

I’m starting to wonder if it’s some tie up with the SE store, and Square wants to try to sell stuff straight through the same store they use for FFXIV.

DaGwaphics

Nice get for Xbox Gamepass. But...where is the PC version, Phil?

Thank you for buying our games, PC gamers, but you won't get some games on GamePass.

Yes, you're welcome, Phil

Probably not something that's up to MS. The dev probably didn't want to cannibalize PC sales, at least not day one. Maybe this shows up on PC a bit later. It took a minute for Control to get over on the PC app.

Derktron

Banned
That’s a major thing for this to happen, that means Microsoft is taking it serious with Gamepass, and I could see big games that aren’t even coming from Xbox themselves. For me that’s an exciting thing. I’m excited.

xrnzaaas

I don't mean to sound like a MS hater or anything, but from what I've seen from the demo impressions on youtube they're probably saving the game from being a DoA.

AGRacing

I didn’t play a whole lot of the demo but the story and dialogue seemed interesting and the gameplay was alright. The abysmal frame pacing in the cutscenes with the added camera shake made it so bad it could be used as a form of torture though, so hopefully they at least fix that by release.

Great get for Gamepass as a whole.
I thought I might be to blame for thinking the camera shake was ridiculous...

I thought I might be to blame for thinking the camera shake was ridiculous...
It’s overboard even from a cinematic perspective, but Micheal Bay gets away with it all the time, and Gears and Uncharted games do this on the regular. The problem is you add in the frame pacing issues where it‘s technically 30 fps solid but looks like it’s 15 it’s really really really bad.

Neolombax

Wow, congrats for Xbox. I'm personally finding it difficult to justify spending full price for this game after playing the demo on my PS4. Gamepass lookin really good these days.

Top Bottom