• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/15/outriders-coming-to-xbox-game-pass/

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

VN1X

Banned
Was playing the demo for the second time just now to try out the Devastator class and had a ton of fun. I honestly think people will be pleasantly surprised by this game and even those who initially wrote it off should definitely give it another go (especially for the price of 'free'). It's just such a silly and over-the-top power fantasy type game. Smashing fools down from the sky by torpedoing yourself into the ground never gets old lol (sorry Trickster we've had a few laughs but Devastator is my new friend now). Also some of the cutscenes are actually hilarious:

Can't wait for the full game.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I honestly thought the demo was pretty shallow. Boring characters and story, and a mish-mash of gameplay that we've experienced many times before. Maybe even better back then. The end result felt more like a AA game as opposed to a AAA one.

That being said, with it being on Game Pass I'll definitely give it another shot.

This is the first wild day 1 get we've seen on Game Pass so far eh? The only other one I can think of is The Outer Worlds.

nikos

Not on PC, which is disappointing, but still a good pickup. Still going to buy it on PC even though I have a Series X.

This is interesting. It looks like MS has figured out a way to distinguish the Series X from a PC (at least in my mind). Up until this point, I didn't really see a major reason to get a Series X while having a decent PC. The reason is "exclusive" games on Game Pass for console. That plus the convivence factor of console gaming might actually tip the scales into me purchasing a Series X.

Clarifying that this *WILL* be on PC as it says Gamepass Ultimate, correct?
It specifically says console and phone with no mention of PC, unfortunately. Disappointed but I was planning on buying it anyway, so whatever.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the PC version isn't included in the deal because it's already doing quite well on Steam (it's been a Top Seller since the demo came out). Or maybe it's simply exclusive to Steam.

Banjo64

cumsessed
What game MS actually launch day one this holiday on Gamepass.
BTW I believe these games you listed are old... at leas DQ and Among Us are very old.

That is his point right now Gamepass give you old games... the same can be said about PS Plus Collection and PSNow.

If you want to play new games you need to buy them no matter the console right now.

ethomaz ethomaz - new enough for you? :messenger_beaming:

Shame Knitted Night has been banned - he had a hilariously shit take on Game Pass too.

FrozenFlame

I’m thrilled to announce that Outriders will be available on Console and Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass on day one!
Where's the pc_outside_window_rain.gif when you need it?

Top Bottom