• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

Kagey K

Banned
If this game is wildly successful, thanks in part to Game Pass and MS gets the data to back it up, it is only going to encourage other developers to go this route.

So if you are a Game Pass subscriber, even if you have no interest in the game, download it and play it, in order to encourage this from more developers and publishers.

I know I hadn’t downloaded or played the demo yet, but I did today, and if I get a survey from Square about it, I’ll say the Game Pass announcement was the reason why.

Shmunter

If this game fails, thanks in part to Game Pass and MS gets the data to back it up, it is only going to discourage other developers to go this route.

So if you are a Game Pass subscriber, even if you have interest in the game, DO NOT download it and play it, in order to discourage this from more developers and publishers.

I know I hadn’t downloaded or played the demo yet, but I did today, and if I get a survey from Square about it, I’ll say the Game Pass announcement was the reason why, it must be shit.

Kagey K

Banned
If this game fails, thanks in part to Game Pass and MS gets the data to back it up, it is only going to discourage other developers to go this route.

So if you are a Game Pass subscriber, even if you have interest in the game, DO NOT download it and play it, in order to discourage this from more developers and publishers.

I know I hadn’t downloaded or played the demo yet, but I did today, and if I get a survey from Square about it, I’ll say the Game Pass announcement was the reason why, it must be shit.
This is Neogaf, everything is shit, so I’m not surprised this game would be too.

In the meantime Xbox fans can encourage this behaviour from developers and publishers, so they should do that. Even if it is out of your control.

In fact I hope the game comes out as a big wet fart (doesn’t seem to be the case) because that way they can see the community building and extra sales putting a game in game pass can do.

Last edited:

Shmunter

This is Neogaf, everything is shit, so I’m not surprised this game would be too.

In the meantime Xbox fans can encourage this behaviour from developers and publishers, so they should do that. Even if it is out of your control.

In fact I hope the game comes out as a big wet fart (doesn’t seem to be the case) because that way they can see the community building and extra sales putting a game in game pass can do.
Just messing around, I think the game is quite good.

ZehDon

giphy.gif

:messenger_heart:

Last edited:

Fredrik

I’m just bummed out that it’s not on PC Gamepass too. 100+ fps at Ultra was pretty sweet.

But I’ll play on Series X instead for now. Might buy on PC for a second play-through if it’s good enough.

bender

What time is it?
The demo was unimpressive but this gives me something to co-op with my buddy after we finished the slog that was Remnant.

Skifi28

Why is there so much talk about this game. Should I give it a try?

The demo was unimpressive to say the least, but these sort of games usually live and die by their endgame / gameplay loop and content updates which one can't really judge from a demo. It might be great 6 months in, or it could be the next Anthem. You really can't tell right now.

The demo was unimpressive to say the least, but these sort of games usually live and die by their endgame / gameplay loop and content updates which one can't really judge from a demo. It might be great 6 months in, or it could be the next Anthem. You really can't tell right now.
I loved the Division.
Not so much Destiny.

I'll give it try then.
Thanks.

When is the release date?

Last edited:

Sw0pDiller

Well, this game looked like fallout 10 years ago and played like first gen gears of war. 6/10 confirmed. Played the demo on ps5 and boiii.... Congrats gamepass owners, another meh game. It's becoming a trend

Redlight

Not the mediocre Gears of War mixed with The Division clone. 🤩
Is this the one that costs $70 on Playstation but is free on Xbox?
Oh, don't worry, I'll be encouraging the shit out of this. :)

Last edited:

KingT731

I feel sorry for those PS5 owners putting in 70 dollars

The game isn't 70 on PS and it's not "free" on Xbox you still have to pay for GP. At the very least get the facts straight first and not present false narratives going either way.
Muo3hiy.png

Last edited:

It's technically not free. This sort of thing will ruin gaming, just make Game Pass a hub for first party and some third parties like Final Fantasy, this day one crap is just going to upset people.

But I also blame Sony for not having their own Game Pass. Physical > digital though.

The guy's a fanboy, all there is to it. Can't think of anything else to describe him, who defends these sort of moves but hates exclusivity?

Last edited:

Stuart360

So there are 18mil Gamepass subs right, and 200mil PC gamers, 50mil XB1 players, 110mil PS4 players, 'x' amount of XSX/XSS/PS5 players, but if the game flops it will be down to Gamepass?
Ok.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It’s overboard even from a cinematic perspective, but Micheal Bay gets away with it all the time, and Gears and Uncharted games do this on the regular. The problem is you add in the frame pacing issues where it‘s technically 30 fps solid but looks like it’s 15 it’s really really really bad.

The camera in cutscenes is abominable.

dem

Congrats to all the people who "get the game for free" by paying $15 a month to rent access to it.

I think most people who are hyped on Game Pass are paying like.. 5 dollars a month.

Much harder sale at 15 dollars..

Good thing im loaded up until 2024.. And i have free months MS won't even let me add to my account yet. By the time my account runs out it will be 2025 and I'll have paid under $5 a month.
If you're not doing Game Pass... you're a dope.

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
This is a great get for game pass I don’t know why people are discussing the quality of the game here that’s not the point. The point is this is a great get being a true day 1. I am confused as to why this isn’t on PC game pass, can anyone explain this bit to me. So game pass isn’t the same on both platforms?

HoofHearted

Congrats to all the people who "get the game for free" by paying $15 a month to rent access to it.
Eh - come on now - does anyone pay full price for these services?

I haven't paid "full" price for any of the game services (XBLG, GPU, PSPlus) from Microsoft / Sony in YEARS (probably over a decade now)...

Last deal I signed up for yielded around $3 per month for GPU and have that through June 2023..

The cutscenes have the worst frame pacing issues I've ever seen. My TV displays that it's a perfect 60 in VRR, but the results are horrendous.

Only game I can think of that had worse framepacing issues (at least for cutscenes) was Alien Isolation on PS4 when it first came out, every prerendered cutscene looked like it was 10 fps with screen tearing to boot.

Thing is even though Outriders isn’t the worst I’ve seen framepacing-wise it’s the absolute worst looking framepacing-wise because they seem intent on moving the camera around wildly in every scene that suffers from it.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Only game I can think of that had worse framepacing issues (at least for cutscenes) was Alien Isolation on PS4 when it first came out, every prerendered cutscene looked like it was 10 fps with screen tearing to boot.

Thing is even though Outriders isn’t the worst I’ve seen framepacing-wise it’s the absolute worst looking framepacing-wise because they seem intent on moving the camera around wildly in every scene that suffers from it.
Outriders is the only came I've seen where it's jarring going from gameplay to cutscenes because the cutscenes are so much worse and it's not like the gameplay visuals are anything to brag about.

I'll live with it though. I thought the demo was pretty fun and it's a no-brainer when it's free day 1 on GP.

Outriders is the only came I've seen where it's jarring going from gameplay to cutscenes because the cutscenes are so much worse and it's not like the gameplay visuals are anything to brag about.

I'll live with it though. I thought the demo was pretty fun and it's a no-brainer when it's free day 1 on GP.

Oh yeah, especially since it‘s only on action cutscenes. The gameplay is fairly smooth 60 with no bounce on the camera, the dialogue cutscenes are fairly smooth, then BAM action scene and it looks like a Go-pro attached to a bobblehead that runs at 15fps.

Enjoyed the game otherwise though, and even backed off it mainly to play it in one go, so getting it on gamepass just saved me the price of the game.

Last edited:

Shmunter

This is a great get for game pass I don’t know why people are discussing the quality of the game here that’s not the point. The point is this is a great get being a true day 1. I am confused as to why this isn’t on PC game pass, can anyone explain this bit to me. So game pass isn’t the same on both platforms?
MS wanting to sell consoles after all?

I suspect gamepass subscription on PC is at insignificant numbers compared to Xbox. Getting people to subscribe to gamepass is likely depended on owning the box.

Last edited:

Redlight

The game isn't 70 on PS and it's not "free" on Xbox you still have to pay for GP. At the very least get the facts straight first and not present false narratives going either way.
Muo3hiy.png
Apologies, that changes everything!

$60 on PS5 and free on Xbox*. I'm going to encourage the shit of this too.

*I already have the subscription. I get Outriders for no additional cost. So, effectively, free.

Redlight

It's technically not free. This sort of thing will ruin gaming, just make Game Pass a hub for first party and some third parties like Final Fantasy, this day one crap is just going to upset people.

But I also blame Sony for not having their own Game Pass. Physical > digital though.

The guy's a fanboy, all there is to it. Can't think of anything else to describe him, who defends these sort of moves but hates exclusivity?
Wow, feeling a little salty? :) I'm interested in your claim that I 'hate exclusives' which you seem to have invented for your own amusement.

For the record, I love exclusives, especially free ones. Though I do think that the importance of exclusives is overstated, given that the biggest selling games, even on Playstation, tend to be multi-plats.

Redlight

Let's define where the goalposts are then shall we?

Goal Post One = PS gamers pay full retail price for game.
Goal Post Two = Same game is FREE on Xbox (if you already have a sub).

By the way, answering with a meme is pretty much admitting that you have no argument at all.

oagboghi2

If this game is wildly successful, thanks in part to Game Pass and MS gets the data to back it up, it is only going to encourage other developers to go this route.

So if you are a Game Pass subscriber, even if you have no interest in the game, download it and play it, in order to encourage this from more developers and publishers.

I know I hadn’t downloaded or played the demo yet, but I did today, and if I get a survey from Square about it, I’ll say the Game Pass announcement was the reason why.
So pathetic...

Apologies, that changes everything!

$60 on PS5 and free on Xbox*. I'm going to encourage the shit of this too.

*I already have the subscription. I get Outriders for no additional cost. So, effectively, free.
That isn't how free works

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Let's define where the goalposts are then shall we?

Goal Post One = PS gamers pay full retail price for game.
Goal Post Two = Same game is FREE on Xbox (if you already have a sub).

By the way, answering with a meme is pretty much admitting that you have no argument at all.

First, I don't think you know what a goalpost in this context is. Secondly, I'm not even the user who you were responding to.

Your posts are gold though. You actually used an asterisk in your post like some kind of label on a product.

Justin9mm

Great win for Xbox and GP but I played the demo on PS5 and while I loved the premise of the story, I thought the gameplay shooting and combat mechanics were a bit bland and boring.

Top Bottom