• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM: FFXVI coming 2021, next gen console exclusive (PS5)

D.Final

Banned
I'm expecting an early 2022 release date, realistically.
But if it comes sooner then better :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I'm always in HYPE for a new Final Fantasy game.
And since I've also really loved Final Fantasy XV, I'm even more hyped for the next, new, Final Fantasy

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

There is something very special with a new mainline Final Fantasy. It's one of few franchises that I get on launch day. This one looks really good and I hope SE has learned its lesson with the terrible launch of FF XV (which ended up really good in the end, but still, inexcusable)

Handel

By the time it comes to other systems, it might actually be a complete game. Took FFXV three years to be completed(still didn't get all promised content though), with YoshiP at the helm for this, will say it takes half that time. If this actually comes out in 2021(doubt), game will be worth playing come sometime in 2023.

That's if it even feels like an FF by the time it's out, so far with no party members in sight and a drab feeling to the the world/setting, not feeling it. Even FFXII felt like a fantasy setting in it's trailers despite having a more serious minded plot.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I'll believe it when I see it!

tenor.gif

SketchyGamerMan

Neo Member
Oh yeah, I've heard this story before haha then right before it comes out they'll come out on stage with a surprise announcement it's for Xbox too.

I kinda thought the industry was past 3rd party exclusives. It just doesn't make sense. Oh wait I see *also avaiable on PC. Niiiiice and I continue to wonder if I will ever own another console again.

Last edited:

Barakov

Still dont believe this game is coming in 2021
I can see it happening. If this was Nomura and Kitase teams there's no way it would happen. Thankfully they seem to be busy with FF7 part 2 of ∞ so they can't muck up the release date.

FF16 sounds like it's from Yoshida's side of S-E and it seems like they're able to deliver things in a timely manner so it's possible.

Top Bottom