• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Ninja Gaiden Black thread

Notorious_Roy said:
How's the easy mode? :D
It's easy enough. You can get through it without dying if you watch your ass. The game doesn't just hand you the ending through, so you'll still have to work a little. I'm loving it. Ninja Dog mode has allowed me to learn the game a bit better and as a result tackled Normal mode with relative ease. I fucking love this game.

Daigoro

is normal mode harder in Black than in the original? or do the new critters not appear until hard mode? (sorry if its been asked before)

PhatSaqs

Banned
Daigoro said:
is normal mode harder in Black than in the original? or do the new critters not appear until hard mode? (sorry if its been asked before)
You wont see any new enemies in normal mode Black. But i'd say it IS harder than classic normal due to the changes to some of the boss tendencies. There are several bosses that you certainly cant fight the same as before. The 3rd and the last especially.

HokieJoe

Late to the party. :)

I had to buy NGB because my copy of NG was so scratched up. :(

Anyway, does anyone have tips on how to take out the helicopter at the military supply base (right after you take out the tanks)?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The copter fight on the bridge platform? Not too tough, stick several high-powered arrows into it as it first approaches, and again once it emerges from underneath(you can really wallop it in the beginning if your aim is true). Then move back towards the ammo crate on the end of the bridge which can be used for cover against its assaults if you position yourself accordingly. Just pop out ot shoot a barrage of arrows when the opportunity strikes.

Oh and get accustomed to rolling away from missiles as they get close(you can usually plug an arrow or two into it immediately after a successful roll). Pretty much how I got through the fight unscathed on Hard.

HokieJoe

Brandon F said:
The copter fight on the bridge platform? Not too tough, stick several high-powered arrows into it as it first approaches, and again once it emerges from underneath(you can really wallop it in the beginning if your aim is true). Then move back towards the ammo crate on the end of the bridge which can be used for cover against its assaults if you position yourself accordingly. Just pop out ot shoot a barrage of arrows when the opportunity strikes.

Oh and get accustomed to rolling away from missiles as they get close(you can usually plug an arrow or two into it immediately after a successful roll). Pretty much how I got through the fight unscathed on Hard.

Yeah, I got. Thanks for the suggestion. The key it seems, is to not use so many health potions fighting the tanks. :)

I’m down in the aqueduct now. Did I mention that the upgraded Vigoorian Flail rox?

NGB pwns me. :D

Top Bottom