• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otogi 1&2 & Ninja Gaiden 2&3 are never going to go on sale are they?

Papa_Wisdom

I know as soon as I buy them Sod’s law that will be when they eventually go on sale.

I own them physically but would like to have them digitally on my Xbox.

Otogi 1&2 I can kind of stomach at £17 each I suppose but I don’t understand why the ninja Gaidens are priced at £25 each.

Even if they had a fiver knocked off the price I’d probably bite but as it stands I can’t justify spending that when I own them on disk.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I got both Otogi games for $5 a piece on eBay. They sell you a legit code for it, which you redeem in a web browser. The codes are from Argentina, so you probably see where this is going.

Otogi 1 downloads just fine. Otogi 2 has issues and there’s an actual fix for it by changing your location to Hong Kong. Otherwise it always gets stuck at 22%.

I’ve got both downloaded and working on my Xbox. No problems at all.

Elysium44

Banned
Ninja Gaiden 3 has been on sale before, not since 2018 though (£7).

I had this dilemma about a few games last year, hadn't been on sale for years, if ever, so I bought them for full price. Not long afterwards they got sales. Sod's law indeed.

You can always get discounted gift cards to soften the blow slightly with a 10% discount.

Last edited:

nush

Even if they had a fiver knocked off the price I’d probably bite but as it stands I can’t justify spending that when I own them on disk.

When you are too lazy to just put a disc in the drive, the games don't even play off the disc it's just an authentication key.

El Muerto

You're better off just doing MS Rewards while waiting for the price to drop. You'll probably get enough rewards points to buy them before they go on sale.

Papa_Wisdom

I got both Otogi games for $5 a piece on eBay. They sell you a legit code for it, which you redeem in a web browser. The codes are from Argentina, so you probably see where this is going.

Otogi 1 downloads just fine. Otogi 2 has issues and there’s an actual fix for it by changing your location to Hong Kong. Otherwise it always gets stuck at 22%.

I’ve got both downloaded and working on my Xbox. No problems at all.
Thanks for this suggestion I may look into it! If I am able to do this I may get the ninja gaidens at there asking price as it wouldn’t be too bad.

Do you just log into your Microsoft account and redeem the codes or is there anything other then that you need to do?

Otogi....

76a46102-c9c8-46f5-901e-5da6215d9aa2_text.gif

I remember renting that back in the day having no knowledge of what I was getting and being blown away by the graphics and action. Awesome game. Haven't thought about it in a while.

Last edited:

El Muerto

Thanks for this suggestion I may look into it! If I am able to do this I may get the ninja gaidens at there asking price as it wouldn’t be too bad.

Do you just log into your Microsoft account and redeem the codes or is there anything other then that you need to do?
You do searches and quizzes at https://rewards.bing.com. There's also a rewards section in the Xbox app on your phone, and a rewards app on Xbox you can download. Searches have a 5-8sec cooldown so you cant do your searches all at once anymore you have to wait then search again for points to count. Some of us were hit with an hour cooldown after 3 searches so i quit doing them and stick with the apps. Once you get enough points you can redeem them for MS Gift cards. The MS Gift cards do expire after 90 days so keep that in mind and dont do auto-redeem.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

That’s the thing I’m not 100% sure of. So I had a VPN on my phone that I set to Argentina. I logged in like usual to the marketplace website or whatever the URL is for that. Redeemed it, shut off VPN and there it was. It lets you download the first game on your Xbox regardless of which region you’re in. Otogi 2 has to be downloaded with Hong Kong as your region, but once it’s finished you can switch back.

You could always get the code from eBay, try to redeem it without VPN, but regardless it worked for me. They want you to use some “free” vpn for mobile.

I thought it seemed shady at first, but it’s a legit code and Microsoft never told me no. People switch to New Zealand for early unlocks. Even MS support has suggested region changing to fix some issues. Just switch it back when you’re done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom