• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Ninja Gaiden Black thread

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
B0009UC68U.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ninja-gaiden-black-20050805035630023.jpg

ninja-gaiden-black-20050805035630585.jpg

NINJAS

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just started, barebones interface at startup...seems you have to unlock anything and everything. Normal and Hard difficulty available at default, but no costume selection, bonus missions, anything.

Was really hoping the game would recognize all the time I put into Vanilla Gaiden so I can jump right into the padded fluff. Not gonna bother with Ninja Dog now in fear that 20 hours later nothing unlocks. Itafuckme. :(

PhatSaqs

Banned
Yeah.

I unlocked the DOA 4 trailer somehow. The trailer is long as hell I know that. Noticed a few new cutscenes and the voiceovers during hints.

It did recognize, you don't start with hard by default :(. I am kinda pissed that I have to go through hard to unlock the mission mode.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I will ask this again: is there any reason for me to repurchase the original game now or will this have the original game intact in normal mode?

also: NG 1, 2, 3 are still in it yes?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
StoOgE said:
I will ask this again: is there any reason for me to repurchase the original game now or will this have the original game intact in normal mode?

also: NG 1, 2, 3 are still in it yes?

Normal Difficulty is identical to the original game in all aspects except 2:
- It has new cutscenes in addition to the original
- It has the bo staff from huricane pack 1 available in normal

Hard difficulty = Hurricane Pack 1 + New Cutscenes

NG 1,2,3 are still unlockable by getting all the scarabs, NG Arcade is unlockable by finishing the game on hard.

StoOgE

Schafer said:

NG 1,2,3 are still unlockable by getting all the scarabs, NG Arcade is unlockable by finishing the game on hard.

good deal, I wanted to make sure that the "normal" setting was more or less the same... I can deal with an extra weapon.

Solid said:
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928401.asp

crazy stuff. i wonder why MGS2 Substance didnt get the same treatment.

Some of reviews placed price into the equation for MGS2: Substance in regards to the PS2, if it's worth it if you owned the original, case in point read Gamespot's review. The score would initially paint it as inferior to the original but that is far from the truth, it's the value and tilt I think that throws it all off. The Xbox version scored higher because of this.

Solid

sorry cant read gamespots review, i refuse to read anything kasavin writes.

and yeah, i feel it's unfair, you can get most of the new stuff in ninja gaiden black for free over live, while you cant do that with substance. kasavin is a transparent ps2-hater.

sorry to bring this up in this thread. i just feel gamespots has once again proven their biase.

Sinatar

Solid said:
and yeah, i feel it's unfair, you can get most of the new stuff in ninja gaiden black for free over live.

Most? The 45 extra missions in black are apparantly a small part of the additions to you?

bobjuice said:
I'm not allowed to create my own thread so I'll just say it here: CostCo is taking X360 preorders and you don't need a membership. $480 for the x360 (good version), extra wireless controller and charger and PGR 3.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...whse=BC&topnav=&cat=21682&hierPath=2805*3590*

Hmmmm...

"Shoppers that are not Costco Wholesale members will be charged a 5% surcharge over the member's posted product prices."

"Sales tax is charged, on both merchandise and related shipping and handling charges, for orders delivered to addresses within the following states:
AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, IA, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, NV, NM, NY, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, and WA "

"Standard shipping is via UPS Ground. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 7 - 10 business days from the time of order."

Mrbob

suikodan said:
How is it related to this game????

Does Black recognize your saved game from NG? Please say it does!

Yes. It unlocks Hard mode off the start. Doesn't unlock the original trilogy though. Gotta do this the old fashioned way. I'll just keep my NG disc to play the original trilogy.

BTW choose Hard to start with if you want all the good stuff unlocked when you beat the game.

The beginning of the game is funny. :)

suikodan

But does it unlocks the costumes, movie gallery and unlock the Hurricane Packs? IIRC, you had to finish the game before being able to download the HP.

Schafer said:

What about the HP1 Camera Controls?

StoOgE

Is Hurricane Pack 2 unlockable?

and does the entire game use the Hurricane pack 1 action engine upgrades?

Sinatar

StoOgE said:
Is Hurricane Pack 2 unlockable?

and does the entire game use the Hurricane pack 1 action engine upgrades?

HP2 encompasses 5 challenge missions, those missions are part of the big 50 mission mode. As for the HP1 engine upgrades for AI and whatnot, I don't know if they are in normal or not.

robot

I wish I wouldve known the mission mode needed to be unlocked. Hard mode is kicking the ever loving crap out of me right now.

Im still waiting for gamestop.com to deliver it, but most likely this weekend will be totally consumed by me getting my ass kicked by this game! And im very much looking forward to it.

Sinatar

robot said:
I wish I wouldve known the mission mode needed to be unlocked. Hard mode is kicking the ever loving crap out of me right now.

Trust me, if you can't handle hard, you don't want to unlock the mission mode, its harder, much much harder.

If one only planned to play through Ninja Dog or normal mode, is it the same exact game as the original or do you HAVE to play the game on hard for the new content?

StoOgE

Yeah, I need to buy this and grab some DS games in case the power goes out. Who the hell thought I would have to sit out a damn hurricane in Austin.

Sinatar

PanopticBlue said:
If one only planned to play through Ninja Dog or normal mode, is it the same exact game as the original or do you HAVE to play the game on hard for the new content?

Its the same as the original with some extra cutscenes and the lunar staff. If you want the new enemies you gotta do hard.

Sinatar

Comfort_Eagle said:
I could be wrong, but i thought it was the arcade original.

It has the first 3 nes games in there, they are actually the ports done for the SNES Ninja Gaiden trilogy, those were present in the original Ninja Gaiden and are still present in Black. The NG Arcade version is the new unlockable they added to black.

Schafer said:
It has the first 3 nes games in there, they are actually the ports done for the SNES Ninja Gaiden trilogy, those were present in the original Ninja Gaiden and are still present in Black. The NG Arcade version is the new unlockable they added to black.

Ah, i see, i didnt have the orginal Ninja Gaiden for xbox, so i didnt know. Nice to know I have more to unlock, though! Thanks for the insight.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Is it me or is the fat bastard 3rd boss hard as hell now? I used to just Flying Swallow his ass to death now he blocks it and grabs me out of the air.

Speevy

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Is it me or is the fat bastard 3rd boss hard as hell now? I used to just Flying Swallow his ass to death now he blocks it and grabs me out of the air.

I think that's the point. No more cheap kills for the player.

anyone else notice weird glitches while playing?
like while im fighting the action will stop for a moment like its accessing the drive or something then kicks in again. its weird, gonna fire it up again to see if it happens.

sirris

For the record Hard mode is NOT the same as Hurricane Pack 1. In Black you are denied any new skills in the beggining (ie: no counter scroll). The enemies have new faster moves. They can multi attack now when you are grabbed. The first boss has white ninjas with him that respawn. Hurricane Pack 1 had none of that going on. Hard mode should be call Hard Mode Plus. Not having counters in that first level sucked. It took me an hour to beat it. HP1 was never that tough.

MrAngryFace said:
anyone else notice weird glitches while playing?
like while im fighting the action will stop for a moment like its accessing the drive or something then kicks in again. its weird, gonna fire it up again to see if it happens.

Its your drive maf :( happened to me sometimes when i play new games. My friends xbox runs fine.

Future

What the fuck. I beat the original Ninja Gaiden on normal and very hard, but Gaiden Black isn't recognizing the save. Can't load my old games, and all I got is Normal/Hard options. No extra missions or anything. I thought it was supposed to use your old saves :(

Victrix

*beard*
Future said:
What the fuck. I beat the original Ninja Gaiden on normal and very hard, but Gaiden Black isn't recognizing the save. Can't load my old games, and all I got is Normal/Hard options. No extra missions or anything. I thought it was supposed to use your old saves :(

It did actually. If you had it beaten, it unlocks Hard in NGB. If you had a HP cleared save, it unlocks Very Hard. You have to beat a NGB difficulty to begin opening up the missions.

Top Bottom