• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Done. Won 55-0, hopefully that isn't too high. I got an INT late and then just ran out the last 3 minutes or so of the game.

As long as you don't go past 60, you're good.

Speaking of which, not talking to you specifically BPH but to everyone: I wonder how many of you are actually mass subbing your second teams in once you go up past 35 points like the league rules have stated for the last THREE YEARS!

Striker

I don't do mass subs since I have a lot of backups in generally through sub-packages. So once I get up I put in the basics like backup QB, HB, and WR's, and then try to add in some younger players at OL, DL, and the rest of the defense.

Tried twice with Story and the game disconnected us both times. I wanted to try a third time but he (understandably) had had enough. I played the CPU and tried my best not to run up the score. GG, CPU Story!

I was already battling to keep my eyes open so after the second disconnect which was almost after a full half, I was done. It wasn't laggy on my end, even with the rain, so I guess it was just EA's servers being EA's servers.

GCQuinton

I was already battling to keep my eyes open so after the second disconnect which was almost after a full half, I was done. It wasn't laggy on my end, even with the rain, so I guess it was just EA's servers being EA's servers.

I've always wondered: what are these "EA servers" people keep talking about when lag comes up? The Online dynasty menus are one thing, but aren't this and Madden peer to peer during online play?

And it looks like it's down right now on the console, so I can't check on the game from there.

I've always wondered: what are these "EA servers" people keep talking about when lag comes up? The Online dynasty menus are one thing, but aren't this and Madden peer to peer during online play?

And it looks like it's down right now on the console, so I can't check on the game from there.

I don't know but you would think if it was true peer to peer, it would have to be a laggy mess for it to disconnect all of the sudden.

BigAT

I think the problem is Madden/NCAA both handle lag and desyncs absolutely terribly. In almost any other modern online game, things would just pause until the connection was stabilized, but EA does an automatic disconnect and throws out the game for even little blips.

I actually think I know what the issue is, and that's kinda why I wanted to try a third time. Both times we disconnected, it was during the pre-snap on offense for me and both times I was audibling to the same exact play. For whatever reason, that play wouldn't load and I guess it disconnected us. Other audibles I called seemed to work fine so I don't know why this one gave us issues, but I know for a fact it was the same audible and it actually disconnected when the qb called out the audible both times. Really odd.

I actually think I know what the issue is, and that's kinda why I wanted to try a third time. Both times we disconnected, it was during the pre-snap on offense for me and both times I was audibling to the same exact play. For whatever reason, that play wouldn't load and I guess it disconnected us. Other audibles I called seemed to work fine so I don't know why this one gave us issues, but I know for a fact it was the same audible and it actually disconnected when the qb called out the audible both times. Really odd.

More EA magic!

Custom playbooks!

:)

Striker

GG Nightz. After giving up the TD, Ian Wells had a terrific game in man coverage. Felt like glue the rest of the way. He's a streaky player but he came up big for me. Was worried during that final drive by you on those deep passes, it kept getting deflected and that 3rd down call was almost caught by your TE. I was going to flip.

Nightz

GG Striker. Picks really killed me that game. 2 of them were just dumb throws on my part, 2 were just the SMH variety...one off a tip and one in the redzone at the end of the half where I was going to throw to my RB in the flat, but my finger brushed the X button as I was going to hit Y.

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Eight Games

#6 NC State (GCQ) vs Clemson
#11 Ohio (Striker) vs UMass
Oregon State (Righty) vs San Diego State (Nightz)
Kansas (storybook) vs Texas A&M
#18 Nebraska (BPH) vs Penn State
SMU (EEK tha Cat) vs South Carolina
#2 Kansas State (Az) vs #19 Texas Tech
#16 Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs Missouri
#7 Rutgers (BigAT) vs #24 Alabama

Week Eight Headlines

Kansas State Blanks Kansas 49-0 And Moves To #2 In The Polls
Ole Miss Defeats SMU In Their First SEC Matchup
Ohio Beats San Diego State In 21-13 Battle
Will A League Team Get A Heisman Candidate This Year?

Rankings

Kansas State - #2 Coaches, #2 Media
NC State - #6 Coaches, #4 Media
Rutgers - #7 Coaches, #9 Media
San Diego State - #10 Coaches, #10 Media
Ohio - #11 Coaches, #7 Media
Ole Miss - #16 Coaches, #16 Media
Nebraska - #18 Coaches, #18 Media
SMU - #24 Media

Player of the Week

Ian Wells, CB, Ohio
21-13 W Against San Diego State
3 tackles, 2 ATK, 3 INTs

Game of the Week

Oregon State vs San Diego State

WEEK EIGHT DEADLINE IS FRIDAY! (THURSDAY FOR CPU GAMES)

GCQuinton

Any chance at all of a one night advance?

Also, Georgia lost so that's another Top 5 team knocked off. If I win out, I still might have a shot to get in the title game.

GCQuinton

Alright, I'm asking everybody straight up this time: how long do you see this league lasting this year? With story dropping tonight and the Owl talking about dropping after next season, that'll leave us with eight guys in Season 6. That's enough to keep rolling but if we drop any more than that it's starting look shaky.

BigAT

I am planning on going less than we did last year, not necessarily in terms of seasons but in terms of actual time. Got fairly burned out at the end there and with the shorter amount of downtime to '13.

What a trainwreck of a game. First, my starting QB breaks his elbow and is out for the year and then my 1st string RB goes down with abdominal strain. In the 2nd quarter, my 2nd string RB hurts something else and is out for the game. I somehow won 38-31 after I threw a hail mary to my #1 receiver with 15 seconds left. Thankfully my shitty ass defense finally made a stop and got the win.

I think I had the lowest rushing total I have EVER had on NCAA - 19 yards. *SIGH* I'll be lucky to beat Ohio State or Wisconsin. This front 7 is TERRIBLE outside my DE.

GCQuinton

San Diego State/Oregon State and Rutgers CPU game is last up.

And yeah, judging from the reactions already it definitely looks like we're not making it to 10 seasons this year. Would all the remaining members be up for commiting to two more seasons to wrap it up in Year 6?

We're already dropping to three user games next season with story out so I'd estimate we'd get to that point in mid-December.

Nightz

San Diego State/Oregon State is last up!

And on a related note, when are you free to roll in Madden Nightz?

I guess this applies to both Righty and you: I've been in off-site training for work the past few days so I've been coming home later than usual and I've just been spent afterwards. Today's the last day and it may end early, so I might be able to play later. If it lasts the whole day again then tomorrow's probably a better bet.

And yes I'd be able to commit to 2 more seasons.

GCQuinton

I guess this applies to both Righty and you: I've been in off-site training for work the past few days so I've been coming home later than usual and I've just been spent afterwards. Today's the last day and it may end early, so I might be able to play later. If it lasts the whole day again then tomorrow's probably a better bet.

And yes I'd be able to commit to 2 more seasons.

Alright, let's shoot for our Madden game tomorrow.

GCQuinton

And Righty just resigned. Dropping like flies.

Nightz, the deadline for you to play the CPU game is tonight.

And aside from Nightz who already answered, is everyone else good with two more seasons?

KanZolo

I'm getting married Nov 17 followed by a week long honeymoon. If the 2nd year isn't started by the time I get back I will play.

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Nine Games

#5 NC State (GCQ) vs Boston College
#8 Ohio (Striker) vs Buffalo
#24 SMU (EEK tha Cat) vs #9 Georgia
#18 San Diego State (Nightz) vs Utah
#2 Kansas State (Az) vs Texas A&M
#13 Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #4 Florida
#6 Rutgers (BigAT) vs Temple

OPEN: #14 Nebraska (BPH)

Week Nine Headlines