• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Season%20Four%20(Teams).jpg

Human Game Schedules For Season One
Human Game Schedules For Season Two
Human Game Schedules For Season Three
Human Game Schedules For Season Four

National%20Championship%20Winners.jpg

Heisman%20Trophy%20Winners.jpg

Rules.jpg

Basic Rules:

1. Play legit. If I have to explain this at length, think twice about signing up.

2. Get your games in on time. If you know you're not going to be around for a game (or two, or ten) let me know and I'll put your team on autopilot (CPU-controlled) until you return. If you don't, your game will be simmed for missing the deadline.

3. This online dynasty is being run "career" style. As such, all incoming members must start with a team that has a prestige of three stars or less at either the head coach, offensive coordinator, or defensive coordinator position.

4. The game sends out email notifications for when we advance, so I'll need everyone to sign up for that so they get notices. I'll also post in the thread when we do so.

Other Rules:

1. Games will be played at the default All-American difficulty with six minute quarters. This subject to change once the game is out.

2. In those games against the CPU where you're flat out dominating, you will be required to mass sub your second offensive and defensive teams into the game once you're leading by 35 points. To expand on this more, once you reach the 50 point mark, run the clock out on offense pre-snap and run clock killing plays until the game's over (no matter what quarter you're in). For games that still go past 60 and 70 points, I'll get in touch with the team owner first and issue a warning. If you wind up Supersimming a game and it does this, let me know or I'll assume you ran the score up and will issue a warning (see below).

3. On weeks where there are more than one all-human matchup, there will be a 3 night window ("night" defined as being after 6PM ET) to play your games. On weeks with one human matchup, this will be flexible depending on the person (aka the storybook rule), but no longer than 3 nights. On weeks where there no human matchups, there will be a 2 night window to play your game. For those who need more time, let me know or I'll assume you just forgot to play your game and will sim it.

4. While I encourage everyone to post in the thread, there may be times when members of this dynasty don't. For that reason, be sure to contact your opponents via PM, the online dynasty website, or Xbox Live messaging in the situations where they don't.

5. When the league is full, all members will required to play at least four human controlled opponents in a season. This will obviously scale depending on the amount of members in the league.

6. Three Strikes And You're Out: Anytime somebody comes to me with a complaint about a person's play or I see a scoring violation (as mentioned above), I'll look into into it and issue a warning, if neccessary. After that, anytime the aforementioned happens you will be issued a strike. Violate the rules three times, and you're out of the league. This applies across ALL seasons, and doesn't reset each season like I used to do. This has never been that much of a problem, and I'm hoping that continues this year. New For This Year's Dynasty - For the first time, I will publicly be displaying all members strike information in a dedicated section of the OP so there are no questions about when and where I give these out.

7. Weeks will be advanced immediately after everyone's games have been played, regardless of when the deadline is. This essentially means to take care of your recruiting ASAP, because I'm not waiting for you to do it. It doesn't take that long to do, and you can do it from practically anywhere now thanks to the web features. Hate to be an ass about this one, but I gotta keep things moving. If you don't want to handle the recruiting yourself, let the CPU take over and set the "Ready to Advance" notice so we can move on.

8. Deadlines for each week's games are 11 PM ET. If a game hasn't been played (or planned for human games) or isn't being played by 11 ET on deadline day, I'm advancing to the next week.

Rules regarding coaching and conference changes:

With the introduction of the coaching carousel this year, all coaching moves made after the first season are completely up to you.

We will follow, when possible, all of the real life conference shuffles according to when they actually happen. As for individual teams changing conferences, I'll continue to examine this on a case by case basis, but I won't even think about moving any teams until at least Season Four so that'd be the earliest time to contact me about it.

Current Members:

1. GCQuinton (NC State)
2. Striker (Ohio)
3. BPH (Nebraska)
4. Az (Kansas State)
5. Nightz (San Diego State)
6. BigAT (Rutgers)
7. BabeSlayer (Utah State)
8. storybook77 (Kansas)
9. KanZolo (Ole Miss)
10. EEK Tha Cat (SMU)
11. Righty10 (Oregon State)
12. nateeasy (Miami of Ohio)

Waiting List:

1. bobbydigital

KanZolo

Just like every year, I'll be camping for a week (July 21 to 26) right when it come out so year one will be a waste for me.

Anyone getting the Early Access pass? I just bought it. It gives you downloads for EA Sports games Friday night before releases. Works for NCAA, Madden, FIFA, Tiger Woods, NHL and I'm assuming NBA when it comes out.

Nightz

Anyone getting the Early Access pass? I just bought it. It gives you downloads for EA Sports games Friday night before releases. Works for NCAA, Madden, FIFA, Tiger Woods, NHL and I'm assuming NBA when it comes out.

Yup, got it last year and I've used it for Madden, NHL and FIFA. I think it's actually killed the fun of hunting for the game early. At this point the past couple of years, I would have been scouring eBay and local mom & pop shops for the game, but this year I think I'm content with getting it on Friday.

Where do you sign up for this online pass, and how does the downloading and stuff work? Also you mentioned maybe NBA as well but I guess that wouldn't be for 2k...which is the only NBA game worth playing IMO.

Nightz

Thank you sir.

So those who have this are you going to renew it for a second year? In other words is it worth it?

Not sure yet. I only really got it last year for Madden, the other games were just bonuses for me. My excitement for Madden 13 is through the roof though, so I might be tempted to renew if I can't find an early retail copy.

GCQuinton

I'm good without the Season Ticket. 2002 GCQ would have been all over that to play the game early. 2012 GCQ can wait a few more days.

KanZolo

If you play Madden, ncaa, fifa, and nhl it may be worth it. But I only play ncaa and am extremely cheap so there's no way I'd get it.

Not sure yet. I only really got it last year for Madden, the other games were just bonuses for me. My excitement for Madden 13 is through the roof though, so I might be tempted to renew if I can't find an early retail copy.

Yea, Madden and NHL might be too tempting for me to pass on. I am part of the problem. :(

GCQuinton

Looks like the guys over at OS are starting on their Community rosters today, with an estimated completion time of a week. They'll have both player and coach names.

Nightz

Yea, Madden and NHL might be too tempting for me to pass on. I am part of the problem. :(

I checked my account and it says my Season Ticket will expire in September, which means I'll be able to get Madden 13 early. So it looks like I won't be renewing after all.

BigAT

I checked my account and it says my Season Ticket will expire in September, which means I'll be able to get Madden 13 early. So it looks like I won't be renewing after all.

Yeah, Madden 12 came out late last year as a result of the lockout, so both 12 and 13 were covered under the first year of the plan.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Have to buy on PS 3 bc all my friends buy that version, if anybody wants to play a game that way look me up. PSN GuileTreehorn.

Have to buy on PS 3 bc all my friends buy that version, if anybody wants to play a game that way look me up. PSN GuileTreehorn.

I used to do that, but then realized all my friends play for like 3 weeks and then never touch it again. So I just went with whatever GAF went with. I got more longevity out of the game that way.

Smokey

Is anybody else getting it tonight via season pass? I know FMT is and I will be steaming our game on my channel later. If anybody else gets it is like to kno! Get some games in this weekend

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Is anybody else getting it tonight via season pass? I know FMT is and I will be steaming our game on my channel later. If anybody else gets it is like to kno! Get some games in this weekend

Cant wait for the drop back fest

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
$25 bucks to play it early... no

You don't even get DLC for free in that. It's just a discount.

GCQuinton

Waiting three days won't kill me. I'll likely be playing this for the better part of a year after it comes out anyway, so I'm in no rush to start that early.

I still haven't told my girlfriend that it comes out Tuesday. I feel like I should prep her for 10 months of mood swings, but it'll be more fun this way. Besides, I told her the league offseason was 2 months back in May. It's her own fault for not doing the math.

So I got the early pass. I know I'm part of the problem etc etc. I must say I'm a bit uh worried I'm gonna get my butt kicked, Utah State is....terrible. However this game is so dang fun. Man I love football...had a ESPN classic a bit ago vs an in state rival freaking awesome.

Ramirez

So I got the early pass. I know I'm part of the problem etc etc. I must say I'm a bit uh worried I'm gonna get my butt kicked, Utah State is....terrible. However this game is so dang fun. Man I love football...had a ESPN classic a bit ago vs an in state rival freaking awesome.

Add me, TJ Ram. I got it early as well, me & FMT have been going at it constanly, I need some new blood!

so IGN has their review up here Interesting read. I share the same concerns I suck so bad at this game now. It is also super annoying that when the announcers are introducing my Aggies of Utah Sate they keep on saying that the game is being played in New Jersey or some other random location I really don't understand that type of a glitch, granted I am playing on the "pre-release" version so hopefully that gets fixed cause it is annoying. Love the gameplay though. Haven't touched some of the other modes cause i've been trying to practice with my Aggies so I don't get destroyed come Online season time.

BigAT

so IGN has their review up here Interesting read. I share the same concerns I suck so bad at this game now. It is also super annoying that when the announcers are introducing my Aggies of Utah Sate they keep on saying that the game is being played in New Jersey or some other random location I really don't understand that type of a glitch, granted I am playing on the "pre-release" version so hopefully that gets fixed cause it is annoying. Love the gameplay though. Haven't touched some of the other modes cause i've been trying to practice with my Aggies so I don't get destroyed come Online season time.

I don't know about that, there were similarly awful audio bugs in Madden last year (constantly saying that playoff games were exhibition games) that never got touched.

Top Bottom