• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

BigAT

But it is possible to raise say my schools academic rating somehow?

Not specifically, although it would likely go up as your school's prestige increased.

I think conference prestige is the only rating you can actively change and even that is only done from switching conferences. Actually, does anyone know if dynamic conference ratings made it into the game? Like adding a great team to a conference could raise it's rating potentially.

Your ratings will only increase after a season is over, depending on how well your team did.

Play style and Playing time change dynamically throughout the season I believe.

EDIT: Championship Contender is now dynamic as well. I'm thinking Coach Prestige is too but that one I'm not sure about.

Play style and Playing time change dynamically throughout the season I believe.

EDIT: Championship Contender is now dynamic as well. I'm thinking Coach Prestige is too but that one I'm not sure about.

It seems like coach prestige is year to year, otherwise mine should be a lot higher. I would think a 9-0 record would get me a better coach prestige than a D if it was dynamic....

Also has anyone even touched Road to Glory yet? I remember I had a good ol time with it last year and this year with the addition of bullet time it looks pretty cool but haven't touched it yet in preparation of the online Dynasty. Just curious if anyone has had a chance to get into it and how it feels, if there are any major improvements anyone notices.

It seems like coach prestige is year to year, otherwise mine should be a lot higher. I would think a 9-0 record would get me a better coach prestige than a D if it was dynamic....

Also has anyone even touched Road to Glory yet? I remember I had a good ol time with it last year and this year with the addition of bullet time it looks pretty cool but haven't touched it yet in preparation of the online Dynasty. Just curious if anyone has had a chance to get into it and how it feels, if there are any major improvements anyone notices.

Figured that might be the case on that one but wasn't 100% sure. I noticed the other ones were dynamic. They even have a menu option for championship contender with a 4 year projection of rankings.

Played some high school games in RTG as a QB, nothing really stood out aside from bullet time yet, except for the gameplay changes that affect the rest of the game as well.

GCQuinton

Unless I misheard something in the dynasty webcast I'm pretty sure conference prestige is dynamic too depending on the prestige of the teams in it.

GCQuinton

Q put me down for Virginia

I've added you to the waiting list. I don't know if the other league still needs a member or not, but if you don't wanna wait for a spot to open up here you can try them. As I said before, we've never had the full 12 members from a Season 1 return for the next season, so odds are a spot will open up.

I'm thinking Coach Prestige is too but that one I'm not sure about.

Coach Prestige was dynamic last year, and it was one of reasons I was actually able to start getting some guys with Army in the later seasons. Started at a D+ when we were one star in Season 1 with a created coach, and got to A+ in Season 4 or 5 and stayed that way till we finished in Season 10 at six stars.

I've added you to the waiting list. I don't know if the other league still needs a member or not, but if you don't wanna wait for a spot to open up here you can try them. As I said before, we've never had the full 12 members from a Season 1 return for the next season, so odds are a spot will open up.

Coach Prestige was dynamic last year, and it was one of reasons I was actually able to start getting some guys with Army in the later seasons. Started at a D+ when we were one star in Season 1 with a created coach, and got to A+ in Season 4 or 5 and stayed that way till we finished in Season 10 at six stars.

but it doesn't change during the season does it? Because it seems like a 9-0 record should have raised mine up from a D I could be wrong?

GCQuinton

but it doesn't change during the season does it? Because it seems like a 9-0 record should have raised mine up from a D I could be wrong?

It changes after each season so in that case it would go up in Season 2. Can't remember how fast it progressed, though, but I was definitely an A+ in Seasons 4 or 5.

Also, I hate that they removed the sorting options from the recruiting board.

GCQuinton

Oh yeah, forgot to mention another little change to the advancement schedule this time around.

Because of the recruiting additions, I'm no longer going to immediately advance to Week 1 of the season once I'm done doing the schedules in the Preseason. Like the other weeks, you guys will have a set amount of time to set your initial recruiting boards for the season.

It changes after each season so in that case it would go up in Season 2. Can't remember how fast it progressed, though, but I was definitely an A+ in Seasons 4 or 5.

Also, I hate that they removed the sorting options from the recruiting board.

Gotcha that makes sense.

Also is there a place to view your overall coach's integrity score?

beanman25

Is anyone else in the league very bad at the game? I'd like to join, but feel I'd get slaughtered every time I play an actual person.

They sent me a PM about it but i don't want to bail on that league when a spot opens up in this league or try to juggle two at once in case the other one hasn't ended when a spot opens up in this league

I dunno, it was SS hit stick on a QB not sliding, probably gonna fumble 9/10 times in videogames. :p

Its Riley though...his hair doesn't allow him to fumble :D...seriously though without that timely fumble we would have at least had overtime.....actually probably not I would have found some other way to lose the game lol

Can you toss me on the waiting list? Mik can vouch for me, we've been playing online football together since NFL 2k1.

My preferred team is UCONN.

GCQuinton

So if rosters are done today, are we starting today?

The league would go up today if the rosters came out. When we actually started might be another day or two since you guys have to set up your recruiting boards and I've got to set the schedules. As always, you'll have a definitive day/date when we advance things. We don't just slap things together like those others guys!

Can you toss me on the waiting list? Mik can vouch for me, we've been playing online football together since NFL 2k1.

My preferred team is UCONN.

Will do.

The league would go up today if the rosters came out. When we actually started might be another day or two since you guys have to set up your recruiting boards and I've got to set the schedules. As always, you'll have a definitive day/date when we advance things. We don't just slap things together like those others guys!

This could have so many different meanings for those guys.

Nightz

According to CWSapp757 on OS:

The rosters most definitely will not be done today or tomorrow guys. Don't take off any time from work yet lol.

This is regarding the OS community rosters.

GCQuinton

Well thats that.

Guess that gives me a bit more time to practice and get a handle on this recruiting business.

Something I suggest everybody get a hang of now. There are definitely some tweaks from last year.

Last night in a test dynasty I wound up getting a four star QB who turned out to be rated a five star QB after not even being on his initial list to start the season. Good stuff.

BigAT

After you get a commitment, does it show all their true stats and rating or is that just when they finally get on campus?

KanZolo

I started a trial dynasty also but not far into it...

Anyone have success getting on a recruits board that was "full" or did they have mostly question marks

GCQuinton

After you get a commitment, does it show all their true stats and rating or is that just when they finally get on campus?

Don't know about that, but if you fully scout someone you'll get their true rating and stats. From there you've got enough to make a decision on whether to keep going after them or not.

You get 10 scouting hours in the preseason, and 3 for each week in the regular season.

I started a trial dynasty also but not far into it...

Anyone have success getting on a recruits board that was "full" or did they have mostly question marks

I did. See a few posts above.

KanZolo

I did. See a few posts above.
My question was specifically, was that players initial board filled with teams or was it mostly question marks.

I'm assuming recruits with "full boards" are difficult to get on compared to ones with interest in one or two schools

GCQuinton

My question was specifically, was that players initial board filled with teams or was it mostly question marks.

I'm assuming recruits with "full boards" are difficult to get on compared to ones with interest in one or two schools

Yeah, his board wasn't full. He had five schools and none of them offered a scholarship so I kept moving up until I eventually got him.

KanZolo

You expect far too much from EA. PSU is rated 5-star still and bowl-banned USC is #2 in the rankings.
I suppose so. USC will be ranked in real life though, and still can pull in the recruits.

PSU is gonna have a tough time recruiting for a while

BigAT

I think their bowl ban ended last year.

Yeah, you're right. I saw someone bitching about their ranking and assumed that was still in place. Looks like they're still on probation and have a loss of scholarships, although those are both typical NCAA slaps on the wrist.

I suppose so. USC will be ranked in real life though, and still can pull in the recruits.

PSU is gonna have a tough time recruiting for a while
Sadly their recruiting has actually been rather good this year, considering the coaching change. It's depressing to see but the recruits have taken an "us against the world" mentality as though Penn State was somehow wronged in all of this. It's unbelievable how much blind support and stupidity has come out of that area.

KanZolo

Yeah their class is better than I thought. I still think as stuff continues to come out, and punishments are given (???) right that they will be affected pretty bad.

Though perhaps character issue kids may get a shot there or something

Top Bottom