• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Thanks man I'll just wait it out and join when a spot opens. Thanks for adding me.

No problem. And like I mentioned in the interest thread, I gauge the new guys credibility mainly by how active they are here. In my five years of running these leagues, we've never had the full original 12 members return for Season 2 so odds are a spot's gonna open up fairly quickly.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Which rosters are we waiting for? The OS community ones or Fairdale Kings?

We were looking into that last night as well. The Community ones, all we know is, they started on the 5th and "should take a week" which means it's "close"

Fairdale is tricky. He's currently charging money for it, but it might be an early access thing. Seems like he's got the top 25 done, "most of the big 10" and a bunch of teams that were requested for. But nothing concrete on his release either.

Nightz

We were looking into that last night as well. The Community ones, all we know is, they started on the 5th and "should take a week" which means it's "close"

Fairdale is tricky. He's currently charging money for it, but it might be an early access thing. Seems like he's got the top 25 done, "most of the big 10" and a bunch of teams that were requested for. But nothing concrete on his release either.

Yeah what FK is doing is that anyone who wants access to his in-progress rosters can pay and download his updates in real time. Then once he finishes everything, the entire roster will be free. Last night he tweeted "The Big XII, SEC & Top 25 are complete."

GCQuinton

I downloaded some yesterday, about 100 teams completed and they didn't charge for them. :p

It was gamertag xIZ GONE RAINx.

Those are the ones some OS guys started when the Season Ticket version released Friday. I think it's got the coaches names too, but you could probably verify that.

As long as it's a fully completed roster with players and coaches, I don't care which one we use. First one out wins.

is there any real difference in the rosters? Shouldn't they all be pretty dang close to the same, especially coaches names.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
is there any real difference in the rosters? Shouldn't they all be pretty dang close to the same, especially coaches names.

Community Rosters put in effort to do "real" things, like removing players that are no longer on the team, creating a new player to fill that spot, adjusting ratings to be more in line with the real player (usually, someone says "this guy is faster than this rating" and then it's debated where to put the rating at).

So, the rosters aren't exactly the same as the default roster.

Community Rosters put in effort to do "real" things, like removing players that are no longer on the team, creating a new player to fill that spot, adjusting ratings to be more in line with the real player (usually, someone says "this guy is faster than this rating" and then it's debated where to put the rating at).

So, the rosters aren't exactly the same as the default roster.

I just normally go with the named ones. I still like to have fun in my video games so I try not to be too nitpicky about who is rated what especially when the real season hasn't even started.

GCQuinton

I just normally go with the named ones. I still like to have fun in my video games so I try not to be too nitpicky about who is rated what especially when the real season hasn't even started.

Especially when the people making the changes aren't exactly the most unbiased people to begin with.

EDIT: UPS just showed up with my Amazon copy.

KanZolo

Did I miss the option for Amazon release date delivery? Had to buy a copy at best buy and will return my Amazon copy to BB when it comes in.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX dropped in our league so we might have a spot if you guys have anyone wanting to play

Smokey

Did I miss the option for Amazon release date delivery? Had to buy a copy at best buy and will return my Amazon copy to BB when it comes in.

you had to choose 1 day shipping. i didn't see it either, but that's what i did and got the game today.

AT i posted in madden thread, but ill play after installation is finished

CB3

If no reserves want in our leagues, we'll be splitting time with ramirez. Thanks, friends.

GCQuinton

If no reserves want in our leagues, we'll be splitting time with ramirez. Thanks, friends.

You tried contacting any of them or just hoping that they'll catch your post?

In other news, I'm already liking recruiting a lot more that's for sure. No more 'spin the wheel' and hope for the best' recruiting, you can target the specific stuff you wanna pitch and that's that. Scouting's gonna be a pretty big deal, too. On my board, I had two guys that were three stars that wound up being rated as four star players and a four star that was a middle three player. And some of them can move up boards quick since things aren't as static anymore.

You tried contacting any of them or just hoping that they'll catch your post?

In other news, I'm already liking recruiting a lot more that's for sure. No more 'spin the wheel' and hope for the best' recruiting, you can target the specific stuff you wanna pitch and that's that. Scouting's gonna be a pretty big deal, too. On my board, I had two guys that were three stars that wound up being rated as four star players and a four star that was a middle three player. And some of them can move up boards quick since things aren't as static anymore.

Ya that knife cuts both ways though been after a 4 star that dropped to 2 after scouting :mad:

CB3

im not going through and finding them one by one. If they see this by the time the rosters hit, great.

GCQuinton

Ya that knife cuts both ways though been after a 4 star that dropped to 2 after scouting :mad:

It's definitely better to find that out in scouting and stop going after him than to be disappointed at the Player Positions section later on, though. I've only actually played one game so far. I spent most of my time this afternoon just doing recruiting stuff.

GCQuinton

It's not like you guys have to go digging through the entire two page thread. The waiting list is in the OP.

I just heard from bobbydigital, an OG member of this league, about his interest too. He should be posting here soon.

Yeah i'm interested in getting in, i haven't looked at the teams yet so i will get back to you on that when i get a chance to check them out

Striker

Downloaded that roster Story mentioned. Checking out my Ohio roster: do like the QB, TE, some LB's. Definitely needs building up on the lines. Last season it was easier to nab some players since PIT were a fairly strong school starting out.

Should mention it won't be easy facing Az's Wildcats by the looks of it. -_-

GCQuinton

Downloaded that roster Story mentioned. Checking out my Ohio roster: do like the QB, TE, some LB's. Definitely needs building up on the lines. Last season it was easier to nab some players since PIT were a fairly strong school starting out.

Should mention it won't be easy facing Az's Wildcats by the looks of it. -_-

The way recruiting is this year you'll definitely have a better shot to nab some good guys if other teams are overlooking them.

I hate what operation sports has become. Its basically a good source for rosters and that's about it. Nothing but complainers on there.

I'm loving this year's game. Finally, the defense makes mistakes especially in the secondary, gone are the days of the corners and safeties running my routes for me. I haven't seen much of the super LBs either which to me makes the passing game feel much better. Now when I throw an INT, I feel like its my fault and not that the game screwed me over with its psychic coverage. Love when my line gives me time to wait and I see a guy on the post wide open in the middle now then throw it and the safety doesn't magically turn in to Carl Lewis to get to the ball.

Playing against CPU Michigan, I can't remember the last time a CPU team on default settings (All-American) ran that much. Beat them 35-31 with Bama, last year I would've beat them down with ease, this year I might actually get a challenge in my CPU games. Toussaint running and Robinson scrambling were giving me fits.

KanZolo

If Uofm can keep it that close against Bama I will be more than satisfied.

I'm expecting/hoping Fitz and Denard to have 1500 and 1000 rushing yards respectively this year.

I hate what operation sports has become. Its basically a good source for rosters and that's about it. Nothing but complainers on there.

I'm loving this year's game. Finally, the defense makes mistakes especially in the secondary, gone are the days of the corners and safeties running my routes for me. I haven't seen much of the super LBs either which to me makes the passing game feel much better. Now when I throw an INT, I feel like its my fault and not that the game screwed me over with its psychic coverage. Love when my line gives me time to wait and I see a guy on the post wide open in the middle now then throw it and the safety doesn't magically turn in to Carl Lewis to get to the ball.

Playing against CPU Michigan, I can't remember the last time a CPU team on default settings (All-American) ran that much. Beat them 35-31 with Bama, last year I would've beat them down with ease, this year I might actually get a challenge in my CPU games. Toussaint running and Robinson scrambling were giving me fits.

I agree but I have seen some annoying things on defense as well for instance tackling seems a lot harder this year. Annoyingly so at times. Also "covering" the ball this year apparently means very little as my scrambling QB still coughs up the ball, and maybe its just my team but good heck injuries are far too prevalent. Or maybe I need to learn how to protect my guys better.

I do have a question about recruiting however. Is there a way to improve your schools ratings in various areas other than buying that stupid cheater pack? Also are we going to allow that (cheater pack) in the online season? Because that sounds too much like a pay to win scenario for my liking...

I agree but I have seen some annoying things on defense as well for instance tackling seems a lot harder this year. Annoyingly so at times. Also "covering" the ball this year apparently means very little as my scrambling QB still coughs up the ball, and maybe its just my team but good heck injuries are far too prevalent. Or maybe I need to learn how to protect my guys better.

I do have a question about recruiting however. Is there a way to improve your schools ratings in various areas other than buying that stupid cheater pack? Also are we going to allow that (cheater pack) in the online season? Because that sounds too much like a pay to win scenario for my liking...

I'd rather have to adjust to the tackling being more difficult than the suction tackles of yesterday where you couldn't turn the corner as a running back without the DE magically disengaging and tackling you. Now if anyone gets you, its the LB scraping down the line (as he should) to tackle you.

BigAT

Your ratings will only increase after a season is over, depending on how well your team did.

Top Bottom